Started HRT~!

Go down

Started HRT~! Empty Started HRT~!

Post  Dawn10 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:23 pm

Started on (6/26):

50mg Spiro (Twice Daily)
2mg Estradiol (Twice Daily)

Funnily enough, my T levels were a good bit below the low for males.
(186[Me] vs. 264[Male Low])

Don't know if this helps any or means anything, but my Prolactin levels were high in addition to the low T levels.
(19.2[Me] vs. 15.2[Male High])

If anyone has comments or wants to share stuff, feel free to use this topic as a discussion platform!

I will not consider it 'hijacking' the thread, lol.

Dawn10

Back to top Go down

Started HRT~! Empty Re: Started HRT~!

Post  Kaibeth on Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:16 am

Congrats on this huge step. I have a prolactinoma (tumour on my pituitary gland) and my last endo says "It helps your cause a little (my cause being transition).

Give it a few weeks, you'll probably feel more alive than you ever have before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's not flying! That's falling with style!

"Eagles may soar, but badgers don't get sucked through jet engines."

I put the "boing" in Boeing.
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:30 am

Expect CHANGE Smile

The antiandrogen turns stuff off. It's like it getting quiet. The estrogen turns things on, and it gets 'interesting'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:54 pm

T Blockers FTW.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:59 pm

I am glad you received clearance to start HT (hormone therapy).
Kaibeth wrote:...I have a prolactinoma (tumour on my pituitary gland)...
Your pituitary gland is at the optic chiasm, the intersection of your optic nerves. It can cause blindness if the tumor presses too hard on the nerve.
Kaibeth wrote:...I have a prolactinoma (tumour on my pituitary gland) and my last endo says "It helps your cause a little (my cause being transition).
I do not understand your endocrinologist's comment and it smacks of malpractice to me. I would get myself down to an board certified opthamologist to get a proper screening of how the adenoma is affecting (if it is) your optic nerve.
Get smart. Read this http://webeye.ophth.uiowa.edu/eyeforum/cases/177-pituitary-adenoma.htm and then get an appointment for a complete eye exam.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:28 pm

Yes Beth, Miki is correct. Though I can see where the Endo gets that from, it does indeed have an effect upon hormones, but not necessarily helpful if vision is impaired or lost in one or both eyes. I hope you are getting ongoing treatment with it. 

I generally don't get involved in anything medical online, for very good reason, bar telling you to seek medical assistance or lay off something. Or where I see an obvious health risk and there is a health risk here, if you ignore treatment. Here is a link for prolectinoma.

https://www.pituitary.org.uk/information/pituitary-conditions/prolactinoma/

Started HRT~! Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum