Wimbledon Final!!!!

Go down

Wimbledon Final!!!! Empty Wimbledon Final!!!!

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:03 pm

So I'm having a cup of coffee and the phone rang. My Mother was in the lobby of the care home. She thought I was going shopping with her today and she is up and about. She's gone from death's door yesterday to eagerly wanting a shopping trip. But, I had to explain that I am off to Newbury later today as I'm going to a Murder Mystery night tonight. My friend Yvette has written it and I am her backup and the 'victim'. She wanted me there for four and it's an hour and half drive, but I have to watch the final first!!!

Williams did not play last year, because she was in an interesting condition, but she had a difficult birth and only returned to the circuit in March. She is gunning for a record breaking 24th Grand Slam title! Kerber, the 11th seed is in her 2nd. final.

Djokovic and Nadal are finishing their semi first and Nadal is making a fight of it, it's going to the 5th set. Oh, I may be late....!! Serena and Angelique will follow. So Serena, who is the most amazing player of all time, beat Kerber in 2016, but Angelique beat Williams in the Aussie open, so it should be a close game!!!!

My mystical prediction for this televisual feast is Williams to win by two sets to one!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wimbledon Final!!!! Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Final!!!! Empty Re: Wimbledon Final!!!!

Post  Tara on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:45 pm

It was quick! I turned a way for a bit, and came back thinking there would be plenty of tennis still to watch, but was just in time to see Kerber score the winning point. Surprised

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:38 pm

Oh Tara, I missed it coz the semi-final of Nadal v Djokovic went on so very long. I listened on the car radio, but was pleased for Angelique anyway, even though I wanted Serena to become a record breaker.

It was a wonderful weekend, the murder mystery went well, I think my part as the murdered body was an enlightenment into the world of fantastical and incredibubble acting. The six attendees enjoyed themselves very much and much wine was drunk, not least by Yvie and me afterwards.

I stayed today to watch the men's final with my bestest friend, Yvette, and we were both rooting for Mr. Anderson, 6 foot eight inches..... Embarassed  anyaway,  I think Novak was like a machine though, I've not seen such great tennis for quite some time and he said that Anderson played badly to give him the first 2 sets, but his returns of serve were phenomenal!

Well, Yvette is French, so we watched the 2nd half of the World Cup final and of course the French won and Anne With An E episodes before I drove home, it rounded of a very nice weekend! But I am totally exhausted and tomorrow I have to shop, launder and check on Mother before my long shifts start again!!!!

Wimbledon Final!!!! Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down