cant shave

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

cant shave Empty Re: cant shave

Post  Anna Mull on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:34 am

Take a hot shower before shaving, exfoliate, use high quality shaving cream and a high quality razor. In the event that you use clippers to shave your face (to prevent pain and/or razor bumps), make sure that your clippers are sharp and well lubricated. Furthermore, try to 'shave against the grain', for a closer shave. Simply put, thoroughly move the clippers in the opposite direction that your facial hair grows.

You can try a facial epilator, or maybe even waxing, if you are truly desperate. Though keep in mind that there's always a possibility for ingrown hairs to form. It's costly, but nothing beats electrolysis, to be honest. The point is that there's a variety of ways to remove facial hair. If you can't get rid of it to your liking, you can try to conceal it with makeup. Anything is better than giving up. It might seem hard, but there's definitely something that you can do.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:38 am

Anna Mull wrote:You can try a facial epilator, or maybe even waxing, if you are truly desperate. Though keep in mind that there's always a possibility for ingrown hairs to form...
No, the risk of ingrown hairs is great and can cause scarring.
Anna Mull wrote: ...It's costly, but nothing beats electrolysis, to be honest.
True. Laser is said to work but the success rate is sadly lacking compared to electrolysis done by a skillful technician.
Anna Mull wrote:...Anything is better than giving up. It might seem hard, but there's definitely something that you can do.
Always, always keep trying Exclamation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  MyNicky on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:51 am

I did about 7 sessions of Laser/IPL starting around this time last year. Cost about $100 each session but I had to stop due to financial constraints, just as I was starting to see results. It works, it just takes time. I was lucky enough I guess to be able to pay per session, instead of having to pay out a huge lump sum
MyNicky
MyNicky

Back to top Go down

Post  tiffany_elizabeth on Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:26 am

Angelic wrote:I think what is one thing that irritates me is I cant shave. I dont think other transgirls have this problem only me. So they just dont understand how difficult it is for me to really transition. Then they get mad at me, for being in boy mode.

Whenever i try to shave my neckbeard, I cant. Razor does nothing. I go over it 10 times does nothing. After I do it 20 times it starts to shave. And its bumpy and stubbly and terrible.  And then my neck is red for the rest of the day. I hate my life. Hate the planet, hate the world.

Then every now and again I have to hear feminazis saying hatespeech against neckbeards. We are neckbeards for a reason. Can't shave.

Well, I know it's already been addressed here and recommended against, but I've taken to waxing. Hard wax, specifically. Doesn't grab onto the skin like soft wax does and you don't have to keep buying linen strips. You just apply it like standard soft wax, let it set, then pull it off. It only grabs the hair. One time I got a bit brave and tried it on a bare spot (completely 100% hairless) to see if it was as safe as they say it is. Once it hardened enough it didn't feel any different than pulling modeling clay of.

I've been doing it for about two months, though for four and a half months before that I used an epilator (which is said to carry the same risk). No ingrown hairs so far. Of course, I'm already covered in acne scars so I'm not worried about a few extra ones, though unless it's the result of an ingrown hair I don't see how waxing itself could cause them. Between the two waxing hurts far less than epilating.

I don't have a bit of stubble when I'm done. The only downside so far, beyond being more expensive than shaving, is that once it does start to reappear I have to let it grow for about a week before I can wax again.

if you've grown a full beard (which I'll admit, I do from time to time because I can't afford to buy wax as often as I need to and, like you, I absolutely hate shaving) you'll need to take scissors (or if you have an electric trimmer with a sideburn attachment run it lightly down your beard (best done standing in the shower (with the water off, of course) for easier cleanup)) and trim it down. Hard wax CAN be applied to longer hair, but it's messier and more painful. It's best to have it around 1/8 of an inch. If you trim it down too short the wax won't be able to grab on, either.

tiffany_elizabeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:34 am

I get similar issues with shaving, i've tried epilators but my hair breaks off before it gets pulled out (just makes for a lot of pain) i've tried nair but that only results in chemical burns & rashes, part of my issue is for whatever reason my body tends to produce an absurd amount of DHT which makes for not only a lot of unwanted hair everywhere, but fast regrowth.

I wish their was an easy low cost and effective solution but i have yet to find one.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:00 am

My heart goes out to anyone dealing with hair issues.

HRT turfed my body hair. Ok it's still there, but it's invisible now. I lost all the colouring in my body hair.
I still have to shave my face, but chance gave me an ideal complexion. I can shave sufficiently that I don't need to worry about it if I have some reason to look my best.
I'm planning to indulge laser soon, and then I won't have that element in my life.
I have dark hair on white skin. Evidently, that means I get an excellent response to laser.

Wish I wasn't bald. But, no one ever realizes my hair isn't real.
I guess I've mastered the art of making my wigs look that natural.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:49 am

Hair is a problem, face I have had , which has worked fairly well. (5 sessions so far). Still need to wizz a electric razor each day . But it's only some very fine blond hairs. Not visible even after a few days of growth. But I can feel them so they go! When I am on the NHS GIC I am hoping to apply for electrolysis to get the stragglers.

For the body it is an epilator, lots of pain at the start but now it is not to bad. Going to save for laser for the chest as it is a pain to have to pluck my boobs every few days. I have to get the other half to do my back thought!
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:58 pm

Hi Everyone!

I have all the gizmos, though I would not even consider waxing my face, I am sure it would rip my face to bits. I am lucky in that I have quite thin light brown hair and my IPL regime of the last few years has got results that I would recommend. It is very time consuming if you are going to do it properly, I do it when I can from a top of the lip to toe basis, remembering where I was. I am on my second machine and am looking at which one to get next. They are weaker than the ones in a studio, but work well if you buy a top, tried and tested machine. You can do a hundred head to toe sessions with a good IPL machine for around £500.  That would pay for only 4 or 5 sessions at the studio, which would not cover much at all.

Epilators are great for prolonged periods, if you can bear the pain!, never use one on your face though. I use an epilator sometimes and they are very good. The drawback is you have to allow a little growth so I have to go a while without shaving my body. A big problem with epilators, (I have read of people that get them with shaving too), is ingrowns, which I don't get much, but if I do it sticks around for a couple of weeks before disappearing, always leave an ingrown alone, it may scar if you mess about with it too much.

Body shaving for me, is still necessary a couple of times a week for total epilation, which I like to maintain as much as possible, time permitting. The area of consistent growth that has not decreased much is my knees, the caps, for some reason and I think its because they are very light and thin. Always use a razor made for body hair, I use the Venus, never use a razor designed for a man's face upon your body, it will cut as it gets clogged with foam/soap over larger areas than a face and blunt easily coz it's not designed for it. The back is difficult for some people, but it is quite possible to shave your whole back without resorting to those long handled razors that cut the back to bits, though you need to be flexible.

For the face I find I have to be very gentle, my skin is very soft. I will shave very lightly and take my time, I use a four blade razor. My fine light brown hair is quite sparse now, but it is still necessary to shave every morning for looking my very very best. Everyone has their method, but it's quite simple, a good top brand razor and very hot water. Soaps first, then cream or foam on top. Be sure to add soap and foam if you want second and third passes, never shave dry.

So I don't do so many passes anymore. Pooh! I hear you say. Well, I used to make myself go North South, East and West in my regime. That is up, down, left and right gentle passes, especially in the stubborn neck and above/below lip areas... don't forget to relubricate with soap and foam each pass!!! Hope something I've written helps someone out there. Celia xx

cant shave Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum