Celia's Heroes and Heroines. Who's yours?

Go down

Celia's Heroes and Heroines. Who's yours? Empty Celia's Heroes and Heroines. Who's yours?

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:11 pm

So, I answered a thread by Angelic about music and ended up talking of my heoroines, through my life. I thought it might be fun if we swapped who we adore and maybe further in, who we really dislike and why! I am sure we covered this on the old board and I contributed, but I think that was limited to three people that ya most wanted to be. Here, talk of many as ya like.

Well I already spoke of my heroines, the media based ones anyway, so Mary Tyler Moore, Suzi Q et al. And I mentioned my sporting heroes, that'll be Annika Sörenstam, Rachel Heyhoe-Flint and Alex Blackwell among others.

But heroes? Well, Greg Norman and Fred Couples must figure, I loved those guys. Then there is Rafael Nadal..... yes, then, there is Rafael Nadal.... ladaladadadada….,..... Embarassed sorry, I was simply miles away there.......  Bjorn Borg and Jimmy Connors. In football, George Best, Willie Morgan and..... nearly feints.... Pat Jennings, who has huge hands!

Other heroes? None in politics, maybe Churchill and F. Roosevelt make the grade for beating the Nazi wankers. I love the royals, Harald, Sonja and Princesses Märtha, Mette-Marit and Prince Haakon and their families. And of course, Elizabeth, Philip, Charles, Andrew, Anne, Edwars and their families. I love Meghan, Kate and the boys!!!! George, Charlotte and Louis too!

So put ya favourites on and share who influences you. Who inspired you? Who are your heroes? Who gives ya the creeps..... oh God, I know who'll come top there! Here's the place to let us know! Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Celia's Heroes and Heroines. Who's yours? Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Celia's Heroes and Heroines. Who's yours? Empty Re: Celia's Heroes and Heroines. Who's yours?

Post  Tara on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:00 am

Here's a selection of some of mine.

Lady Ada Lovelace (I am a programmer, and she sort of founded the whole discipline)
Æðelflæd (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86thelfl%C3%A6d)
Amelia Earhart
Boudica
Marie Curie
Rosa Parks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Celia's Heroes and Heroines. Who's yours? Empty Re: Celia's Heroes and Heroines. Who's yours?

Post  Lesley Niyori on Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:52 am

I'm excluding friends and family as somewhat obvious.

My heroes/heroines would be.

Carl Sagan, as I am more scientist than anything else, specifically cosmologist.
Frank Herbert, creator of the greatest science fiction literature I have ever read.
Tolkien, creator of the greatest epic fantasy I have ever read.
Terry Goodkind, creator of the greatest fantasy villains I have ever experienced.
Debbie Macomber, Susan Mallery, Susan Wiggs, and Sherryl Woods whose romance novels have woken in me the woman I wish to be.
Bob Ross, the inspiration for the artist in me.
Kim Petras (more an idol than a heroine to me).
Dr. Pierre Brassard, who rescued me from death (because without GRS I was going to kill myself).

Of all the people who have passed on, I miss Carl Sagan the most.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:58 am

Hero:
a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.
I could list a bunch of people like you have done above, but my hero is a guy named Joe G. You will never have heard of him but he hung with me and supported me when against everything published and what everyone was saying about a very difficult land deal - he believed in my solution and how I proposed to put the deal together.

Over 150 different real estate developers showed up for the property when it was put on the market by the U.S. Army. The Army's terms would not work and because of my vision and Joe's great support, we convinced both our senior management and the Army to look at our proposal and when we presented the proposal it was accepted on the spot.

Together, Joe and I put together the largest Real Property Exchange in the Defense Departments history. The value of the exchange was closed to $100,000,000. It took Joe and I and a couple of other team members 35 months to put the deal together - but WE DID IT!

Joe is one of only two people who know about Miki from my previous business life. I trust him that much. He is my hero.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:23 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:Tolkien, creator of the greatest epic fantasy I have ever read.

Yes! <3

If people want to call me an over-the-top Tolkienista, then so be it. What a Face

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:34 am

No one likes Wonder Woman?  Okay, just joking here.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:42 am

"Joe is one of only two people who know about Miki from my previous business life. I trust him that much. He is my hero."

Those are the priceless people in our lives. The ones that love and respect us and prove it through action and not tongue wagging.

Everything you want is on the other side of fear

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:22 pm

You know I don't have any heroes or heroines. They always let you down. I admire certain people. There's a woman, a Ryanair pilot who I admire. Best pilot I ever flew with. I remember the day of her Instrument rating. I flew with her among others to the test. She doubted herself as women do but I put my arm around her and told her she was great. She passed easily. If I was the only one who said that about her then I was simply a friend but many others have said the same, men and women. So I guess she is a hero.

Others I'm not so sure, perhaps working class women generally, those who work their asses off and bring up kids and put up with their useless husband or ex. I've met a few over the years. Perhaps my sisters who to be fair had good husbands but who still controlled the houses when they were away doing their thing. Perhaps my wife's sisters who mostly married beneath themselves to good men, yet men who were simply not even close to them intellectually and professionally. Yes me too. My wife is something special.

So no heroes except everyday heroes. My lovely wife and her family.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:45 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but then again maybe some of the newer members maybe want to place their favourites here!!! But I do admire these women. How many can you name? I truly adore all three of them.... no, not in that way! , But, their husbands..... well... maybe, not only coz they are rich!!!! Embarassed

Celia's Heroes and Heroines. Who's yours? Kate

Celia's Heroes and Heroines. Who's yours? Martha

Celia's Heroes and Heroines. Who's yours? Kamala

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:55 pm

Sorry Celia, no 1 yes but who are the others?

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:15 am

Hi Marie!

Just about to go beddybyes! Been here lots today polishing up stuff. Well, Marie I shall tell all tomorrow night! I'll give others a chance to see if they know them. Gonna sup my last glass of Gascony and sleep!

Please place personal heroes and heroines of your own though bean álainn. else I may have to resort to my interestingly very, very, very long list of favourite hunks, hulks and dropdead gorgeous guys and bore pretty well everyone here off!!!! Off to Bedfordshire! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:40 pm

So Marie, of course the first one is Kate Windsor, Duchess of Cambridge. The second is Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and the third is Kamala Harris, Democrat senator of Californy and potential candidate for the POTUS election 2020. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:03 pm

Oh Angel!

Well, so much in a short statement! So, it is good that you have pride, to look down at others, it shows you do actually respect lots about yourself and that is good! I like me lots, I know I don't hurt anyone or animals and that's good enough for me!

Everyone lets you down? Give folk a chance!!!!! I am sure there is someone out there for you and if you go into any kinda relationship thinkin' they'll let you down that's going to be a bad start, you really should know there are people out there that won't let you down....

Finally zero heroes? I can't believe that! Surely someone, even fictional, you must think, hey, I'd like to be her! I certainly do sometimesthough as I say I like me and you look down on everyone, so perhaps your hero could be you! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:17 am

Sophia Magdalena Scholl.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:07 am

Oh Anna!

Great choice, I missed this somehow, sorry hun! She was amazing and stood up against the Nazi wankers as did many of my ancestors, Norwegian and English. I read about her just now, she was truly great...

Well, reason I revisited here was to wish RIP for one of my heroes, a very nice, unassuming man, an English legend. I do know, by word of mouth, Gordon Banks was a true Gentleman and a very nice man. He's career was cut short by an awful car accident where he lost an eye. He died the other day and I have never heard a bad word said, ever, about this wonderful man...

Celia's Heroes and Heroines. Who's yours? Gordon-banks

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down