Let's Count With Pictures!!!

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Let's Count With Pictures!!!

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:36 pm

Banana Splits.... Banana Splits.... Banana Splits!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Mtm  Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2                                                               
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Thomas-Paine

So this is Miki's number 76!! I'll have to work it out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Mtm  Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2                                                               
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:42 pm

Oh, I learnt stuff. He was born in Thetford and he was the one who suggested the Declaration of American Independence in 1776! Hence 76! Hooray! I got it! Who's doin' 77??

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:28 pm

Good job Celia Exclamation

Yeah, I mis-posted it in a new thread.

I am amazed at what we, mostly Americans, have lost when it comes to put coherent thoughts on paper. Tom Paines' work, the Federalist Papers, the Anti-Federalists, Thomas Jefferson's work, John Adams and the many others whose thoughts were free to explore what could be.

I would offer that Trump would only think of the Federalist Paper as the things his judicial appointments are written upon, if he even reads the suggested appointments (hint: he doesn't).

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:04 pm

Well, they were very different days and most were men of principal and likely not nearly as selfish as people today. Anyway, from what I have read, he seems a good man.

So to number 77..... what has this to do with the number 77!!!!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 77Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 77aLet's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 77b

Anyway there is a great loss! Miki deleted the thread so here is Drooper, Bingo, Fleagle and my favourite Snorky havin' fun.... yes it's the Banana Splits!!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:58 am

The 77th Armor is an armored (tank) regiment of the United States Army. The 77th Armor Regiment is part of the U.S. Army Regimental System with only a single battalion, the 1st Battalion, 77th Armor Regiment, and is therefore classified as both a single battalion and the remainder of the Regiment itself. 1–77 AR is currently stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas as part of the 3rd Brigade "Bulldogs", 1st Armored Division and has transformed from a tank pure battalion into a combined arms battalion (CAB).
I have a friend, a fellow Vietnam Vet who drove a tank/flame thrower in the 77th. Yuck, shooting someone is bad enough, but burning them. We dropped napalm from my carrier, but not too much as it was difficult to mix and load.
There is a infamous image that every soldier, sailor, Marine, airmen must see before they go to war (but they won't):
Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 7749246-1x1-700x700

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:13 am

Well done Miki! Napalm was a terrible thing and that iconic photo got more people involved in the peace movement.

So number 78!!!!!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 E-berliner

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:09 pm

Hmmm, his name is Emile Berliner and he was an inventor and he is best known for inventing the flat disc record (called a "gramophone record" in British and American English) and the Gramophone.

Celia, are you thinking the gramophone record rotated at 78 rpm. I couldn't find a reference to the rpm of the gramophone record.

Berliner was also 78 when he died.

I remember going to my paternal grandparents house in the late '40s and early '50s and watch my grandfather as he listened to these old records. His favorites were Mario Lanza and Enrico Caruso singing his favorite Italian operas. He had to sit very close to the player as the amplification left a lot to be desired.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:24 pm

Well done Miki, correct on both counts!!! The lateral disc, ok early rpms varied from about 60 to 90 but 78 was the standard!!! And Emile died at 78 too.

One has not lived without listening to old scratchy 78s with Caruso singing, with a glass of good wine!

So come on Miki, you can do 79!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Empty A _____________ opportunity

Post  MichaelaSJ on Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:03 pm

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 82.4-Ounce-Gold-Nugget-from-Australia

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:40 pm

I thought that was Fools Gold!!! And I found a book called that written in 1979, but whilst looking it up I came across Gold's number on the thingy table and it's number 79!!!!!

So here is number 80!!!!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Coll

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:04 pm

That is the Colosseum in Rome. Construction started in 72 CE and was finished in 80 CE.

It has stood for nearly two millenia yet modern civilization, namely local auto and truck traffic and atmospheric pollution is slowly destroying this marvellous piece of architecture.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Yes an amazing place and you are correct, it will crumble.

These are too easy, I will drip, drip info if needed. But here is 81. So everyone what has any of this to do with the number 81???

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Hmsbombay

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 1861-LI

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Hms-bomLet's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 1864Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Montevideo-LI-3

Last edited by Celia Eriksson on Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:38 pm

Hey! Bump bump bump!!!!! Come on Miki, it's your sphere!!!!Clue: the refit date was important coz it changed something!

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:08 am

"Please, ma'am, I want some more."

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:57 am

Ok.... it's a British ship..... HMS...... Refitted in 1861. Burnt to a cinder in 1864 near Montevideo. The number we want is 81. Here's a clue to the name of the ship!!!!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Bombay

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:10 pm

The 'refit 1861 refers to the HMS Defence and is not relative to the question

The image of the burning ship is the HMS Bombay
HMS Bombay (1828) was an 84-gun second rate launched at Bombay in 1828. She was completed in 1861 as an 81-gun screw powered ship and was burnt by accident 14 miles off Montevideo, Uruguay in 1864.
This the best I can do.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Empty Numero Ochenta y Dos

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 11th_Annual_Randy_Oler_Memorial_Operation_Toy_Drop_at_Fort_Bragg_N.C.,_Dec._6,_2008

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:36 pm

Quite correct Miki!!! She did have 81 guns! Before 1861 she had 88.

Well, I believe they are brave members of the 82nd Airborne Division!!! I would do 83 but my picture site is down!!

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:28 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:I would do 83 but my picture site is down!!
I found that you don't need a picture site. Use the icon Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 20074 and enter the URL of the image, then enter the W & H of the image as you want it displayed on the post.

For example, the image for the 82nd Airborne is:
img(320px,240px)https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/11th_Annual_Randy_Oler_Memorial_Operation_Toy_Drop_at_Fort_Bragg_N.C.,_Dec._6,_2008.JPG /img
I chose the width as 320 and the height as 240 and the file I attached had a URL pointing to a .jpg file. I think we are limited in file types, but almost everyone use .jpg files.

Note: For explanation, I removed the brackets [ ] from the term img(320px,240px)

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Thanks Miki!

Here is number 83 then, a bit difficult this, but I'm sure it'll be easy for you! (The red bits don't mean anything btw!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 BooksLet's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Isbn-LILet's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 11 Poland-LI

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:45 am

This is an effing wild ass shot, but
Dziekuje Poland Live '83

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:27 am

Right country, wrong answer! Ok a name..... David Whitaker invented what it is and 83 pertains to Poland.....

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:00 pm

"Please, ma'am, I want some more."

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:12 pm

Ok..... 1 for those released in England and English speaking countries!
82 is for those on sale in Norway!
9979, and also 935 is used for those published in Iceland!

It is an acronym..... now ya must get it Miki!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum