It Went Well

Go down

It Went Well Empty It Went Well

Post  Zedarius on Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:24 am

Hello All

Sorry I haven't updated, but I've been sick (my nose and throat are still on fire a bit...)

But the appointment went really well. I had so much anxiety about it - I only had 1 - 2hrs sleep the night before...
But, yeah. It was good. Who knew I could talk about my limited choldhood memories for 2hrs...?

I have another appointment with him again this coming Tuesday.
Zedarius
Zedarius

Back to top Go down

It Went Well Empty Re: It Went Well

Post  mariehart1 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:29 am

That's great. First one out of the way. Next time you'll be more relaxed. Well done.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:30 am

Hi Zed!

That's great news, keep us posted! Supporting ya all the way!

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It Went Well Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:46 pm

It usually begins like this dear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:55 pm

Keep up the good work, girl Exclamation

I can literally taste the smoke and it is doing a number on my lungs - my eyes and throat are burning and my lungs are working extra hard today. I tried to walk the puppy last night and I literally could not see the Moon through the smoke. Hopefully, we will get an onshore wind today to blow some of this smoke out to the ocean.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedarius on Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:31 pm

Thank you all,

Yeah, where I live we also get a lot of fires, unfortunately - just recently we've had 2 field/grass fires - one started from some idiots burning a car...

The usual for HRT at this clinic is after 4 - 5 session, depending on if there are other issues, or not...

So, I'm hoping I'll be able to start T soon, or at least hopefully sometine this year Very Happy
Zedarius
Zedarius

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull on Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:03 pm

Glad to hear that it went well; thanks for keeping us posted, bro!
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedarius on Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:25 am

Hello again,

I have had my second session - this time it was a lot better (nowhere near as much anxiety), I am sick though - so that parts not great.

But - I have the HRT effects document/form (mental, physical, social effects) in my possession.

Next session we'll be going through it, and the other stuff I filled out from last session.  Very Happy

Plus, next session, he's more than happy to write and give me the letter/document I need to get legal name change stuff started Very Happy

Last edited by Zedarius on Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zedarius
Zedarius

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:09 pm

Looking like cool progress is being made Smile

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedarius on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:50 am

Hello all - and an update:-

I have been given the "Consent For HRT" form.  Very Happy

I'll be signing it at my next appointment with the gender clinic - he wants to go through it/HRT stuff with me before I sign it (I'd be worried if that wasn't the case)
We didn't get to go through it last session - we went over some... not great... stuff... from recent times (not great - horrible family stuff).

So... stuff will be happening very soon!
Zedarius
Zedarius

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:02 pm

Very cool.

Remember, HRT is a major impact on your health and on your life. No one is the same any more than your health and mine is not the same. It will do so many potentially great things for you. But, it will also disrupt, and alter, and place you in potentially dangerous territory too.

NEVER take HRT lightly, never take them casually, and never take them without a skilled professional keeping an eye on your health while you take them.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedarius on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:15 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:Very cool.

Remember, HRT is a major impact on your health and on your life. No one is the same any more than your health and mine is not the same. It will do so many potentially great things for you. But, it will also disrupt, and alter, and place you in potentially dangerous territory too.

NEVER take HRT lightly, never take them casually, and never take them without a skilled professional keeping an eye on your health while you take them.

I have every intention of going through HRT the best way I'm able (the clinic has Endochronologists, Dr's and all to do with transition and HRT - and I'd hate to have HRT cause dangerous,  and avoidable things happen).

I've done a ton of research on it - and I know there's no "this is definate to happen" - I'm ready for any changes (I also have therapists, etc. as I know I'm more than likely going to need them).

It's at a point where if I don't do something I'm not going to still be here in the closer future (6 months to a year) - and simply socially transitioning is not doing it anymore...

I thank you for the concern,  and information (I hope I don't come off as dismissing/condesending or anything,  that is certainly not the intention Neutral )
Zedarius
Zedarius

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:54 pm

Not at all Zed.

I tend to make absolute comments, but, the truth is, ALWAYS be suspicious of advice from people that are not doing HRT safely.

Yeah, I'd like to be getting maybe MORE estrogen. But, the body has it's own limits, and it might just take excess estrogen and change it into testosterone (that happens). My age makes a difference, so the results for a person 16, 26, 36 and 46 might be totally different for a person like me that is 56.

Weight, and other health aspects and other medications, all play a part. So much stuff to juggle.

My girlfriend just began a month and a bit ago. She's like me in many ways, but, I'm 10 years older, not on any other meds, so her conditions are totally different.

All I can offer her that is healthy and safe, are my funny observations of what has occurred to me. "Yes dear, my boobs were sore for like a year and a half", "No dear, 3 years later, and I'd still be an A cup without the surgery to enhance them."

I've enjoyed seeing the journey a few local transgender men have made. They get smelly, more acne, hairy, lose weight suddenly, get more aggressive. All in all, they are as happy as most transgender women who stop being smelly, their skin softens, our head hair stops falling out, but we gain weight, and tend to become more emotional.

Most of the cliche's are true. Most of the dosages are about the same.
Spiro is generally popular, but I am told cyproterone is safer to the body long term.
Estrogen has other interesting positive effects.
I have no experience hearing comments about the effects of testosterone beyond the intended ones.

It took me a full year for the doses to reach optimum. I was ok with my endo being cautious.
Some seem to be at near full dose nearly immediately.

The most fun you are likely to have is actually noticing the little subtle changes.
Noticing more hair is nothing.
Noticing you are not actually more angry, just more assertive takes some pondering over time.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedarius on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:20 pm

I am going to be getting in contact with a few trans guys/people in my area - though there is one in particular I will be staying very far from (he outed another guy he thought was "passing" better than him Neutral ).

I'm also going to be joining a LGBT+ support group this coming Thursday - they run every 2nd Thursday - and have a few guys there that have recently started HRT.

They cover pretty much everything from questioning to coming out, as well as transition, sexuality, and all.

I would have joined last time - but I was sick and had a migrane...
Zedarius
Zedarius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum