Professor Sean Carroll on Why there is Something...

Go down

Professor Sean Carroll on Why there is Something... Empty Professor Sean Carroll on Why there is Something...

Post  Jehanne on Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:49 pm

Cool podcast, although, kind of tactless in my opinion to be soliciting money up front, but good stuff after that.

Episode 9: Solo — Why Is There Something Rather than Nothing?

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Professor Sean Carroll on Why there is Something... Empty Re: Professor Sean Carroll on Why there is Something...

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:06 pm

Likely a good listen, but, odds are it's like listening to my girlfriend talk physics Smile

Which is ok, as my girlfriend is particularly well educated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Professor Sean Carroll on Why there is Something... Empty Re: Professor Sean Carroll on Why there is Something...

Post  Jehanne on Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:21 pm

He also has a paper on the matter:

Why Is There Something, Rather Than Nothing?

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:49 pm

From the text:
Coherence: Perhaps the concept of “nothingness” is incoherent, and the possibility of reality not existing was never actually a viable option.
I personally believe that to think that there is a nothingness is absurd. We are in a reality that most of us (Angel, are you there) accept and to deny our combined reality is foolish.

I say combined reality as my reality is different from yours as your reality is different from those next to you. When your reality intersects with my reality then we have a combined reality, if only for that moment of coherence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down