The Choir (that's you guys :) )

Go down

The Choir (that's you guys :) ) Empty The Choir (that's you guys :) )

Post  Lesley Niyori on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:41 pm

I have thought about this.
Not over several days maybe, but, I'm fully awake, rested and not in pain.

I will not be posting a damned thing here in our forums, about politics, or religion. And possibly even philosophy, as that tends to get fairly political or religious with nearly no effort.

So, I won't be posting in that sub-forum at all in all likelihood, and I won't be inserting it into any other comment anywhere else.

I'm not electing to do this decision of mine as a result of coercion, or request.
This decision is 100% mine, mine alone, and only because I decided it.
And no, I'm not saying that as some form of insurance.
It's not a disclaimer.
Lesley ALWAYS speaks her mind as we all know Smile

No one tells Lesley what she can or can't say (unless that person is a trusted responsible person that Lesley has told they have that power, like my dad. If he tells me to delete or alter a post on my Facebook, it happens. He's my dad).

Anyway, here on The Transgender Times, it is logically speaking, a group of transgender persons gathering for transgender persons needs.
Anything posted here is simply never going to be seen (ideally) by anyone other than some transgender people.

This forum is simply not a logical place for a soapbox.
I'm not going to be communicating to the cis world here.

So henceforth, my posts will be about the trials and tribulations of such pressing matters as where to get shoes that are bigger than a typical women's size 10. Advice on how to shop comfortably for a swimsuit. Makeup and how to deal with shadow from facial hair. The methods of finding decent health care. Things like romance novels and other ways to figure out the female you are inside after hormone therapy starts to confuse you. Ways to deal with your voice on the phone. Learning if you really understand your sexuality properly. Popular resource options for meeting others like you in your area.

In short, things a transgender person will benefit from that don't have anything to do with politics, and religion.

Our forums here, are divided into Transition, Relationships, Out and About, and Shopping and Style. In addition to General, Politics and Philosophy and World Support.
I put it to you, we don't need to segregate Transition, Relationships, Out and About, and Shopping and Style as separate places. Not saying they need to be altered, but, they are also not needed as distinct.

In my Transition, I deal with being Out and About, which impacts my Relationships, and neither myself or my fiance can ever really just walk out the front door without ensuring are hair is acceptable, and our outfit is suitable, and our makeup is acceptable regardless of whether it is just to walk to the storage shed to put out the garbage, or go to the grocery store for a loaf of bread or spend some time at a bar meeting people. So there is no point saying Shopping and Style are ever 'not important'.

It's ALL about being transgender. So really, we need a sub-forum called just that, All About Being Transgender.
It would be nice if you elect to do this Celia.
It's not my decision to make of course.
But inasmuch as my posts are concerned, I think I will divide my comments into either General Discussions for totally not transgender stuff like the Counting with Pictures thread. Or Relationships, which involves my fiance and all of my transgender friends either here or off-site like in my town, or Facebook.

Anyways, that's what I needed to say this morning.
I predict the majority of my posts will be heading towards Relationships.
If any of the mod staff want them elsewhere, THEY can move them.
But I'd appreciate it if they didn't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

The Choir (that's you guys :) ) Empty Re: The Choir (that's you guys :) )

Post  Celia Eriksson on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:11 pm

Hi Lesley!

The subsections were copied from the TG Boards. If anyone else has any thoughts upon changing it round a bit, I may do. The only thing is it will be a lot of work moving existing posts about and trust ne, on these boards that is quite a messy business.

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Choir (that's you guys :) ) Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down