adrenals, 10 chars

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

adrenals, 10 chars Empty Re: adrenals, 10 chars

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:03 am

It is possible to gradually enlarge your breast by eating train cars full of stuff with phyto-estrogens.

Don't waste your time and money. Other than having XX chromosomes, estrogen and breast implants work best. Implants work quick, hurt like hell (so I am told) and cost way too much - get the shots.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:33 pm

Angelic wrote:This was several years ago. About a year after I quit hormones. Always feeling shitty and lethargic. And I go to the health food store. A woman says she's dealt with this before. Other transsexuals like me. And tells me to eat certain foods which I forgot what they were. But she said to me something to me I'll never forget: That transitioning stresses and damages the adrenals.

But I want to know, is this actually true or simply hogwash. And is it from the hormones themselves, or just fear of going out amongst the public.

Some foods can, but as said above you need to eat so much of it to have an effect. Unless you have some biological reason for it to occur. I remember the scare stories in the early 90s about beef burgers making boys grow breast. I so wanted to eat beef burger!. Shame they taste horrible.
Some plants do contain phyto-hormones. but to get a good dose runs the risk of liver damage due to other chemical compounds. I have heard of some transwomens who by pass the hormones and just had implants done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:21 pm

Unless you have detailed bloods and records it would be hard to tell if the plant stuff did damage. But there is always risks of side effects with everything.
As for your high. I have seen people talk about an estogen rush when they put a new dose on. I get a little one after I put my E gel on. But it probably is phycosymatic or even gender eurphia, as your brain is getting what it wants.

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:34 pm

Abby wrote:I so wanted to eat beef burger!.
You must not eat hamburgers. Hamburgers cause traffic accidents - proof? Virtually everyone who had been in auto accident has eaten a hamburger.

Do not eat hamburgers.
Rolling Eyes

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:34 am

They also taste terrible, so no worries there!

Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi Everyone!

Herbal remedies are quite dangerous, liver damage is the most likely outcome as impatient transgender women usually do not stick to the dosage. Some are simply very toxic when taken for a long time, worst offender for that, even at correct dosage is Black Cohosh. Herbs should not be taken at the same time as HRT and do very little anyway. Some foods used in similar vein, such as liquorice root are very dangerous when taken in large amounts or frequently.

Eat well and take advice about what foods you eat to shape you as you want, there is plenty of advice online. Some good wellbeing foods, (not going to raise oestrogen levels), are recommended for women, for example flax seeds and soy are good for women's health as is spearmint tea. I only drink soy milk, I don't like some dairy farming methods and sometimes sprinkle flax on my muesli or porridge. My bad is the wine that I love, I don't get drunk, but I do like a glass or three.

Diet is important for your wellbeing and a good healthy diet along with regular, (but not strenuous), exercise is very important. There are many great videos on the interernet that have specific videos for flattening that waistline, toning or fattening your bottom without building muscle. HRT helps shape, but it don't do it all, I'm on patches these days coz of my age but I work in all departments to try and keep myself lithe and flexuous as possible. Celia xx

adrenals, 10 chars Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:42 pm

The other issue, a very significant issue with herbals (at least in the U.S.) is that they ARE NOT required to be tested for safety or efficacy. As long as a supplier sticks a label on the bottle that the contents are not intend to treat any medical issues (WHAT!!!), the can be sold over the counter.

Black cohosh is an ancient plant derived drug used by indigenous Americans. This is from the WebMD.com site:
Black cohosh root also seems to have some effects similar to the female hormone, estrogen. In some parts of the body, black cohosh might increase the effects of estrogen. In other parts of the body, black cohosh might decrease the effects of estrogen. [Please re-read the previous two sentences.] Estrogen itself has various effects in different parts of the body. Estrogen also has different effects in people at different stages of life. Black cohosh should not be thought of as an “herbal estrogen” or a substitute for estrogen. It is more accurate to think of it as an herb that acts similar to estrogen in some people.

There is concern that black cohosh might harm the liver. Taking black cohosh with atorvastatin (Lipitor) might increase the chance of liver damage. However, there is not enough scientific information to know if this is an important concern. Before taking black cohosh talk to your healthcare provider if you take atorvastatin (Lipitor).[I take Lipitor!]
BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN YOU START ANOTHER DRUG. YOUR DOCTOR/PHARMACIST NEEDS TO KNOW ALL OF THE MEDICATIONS YOU ARE TAKING, OBTH SCRIPTED AND OVER THE COUNTER SO THEY CAN RULE OUT CONFLICTS BEFOREHAND.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:44 pm

The other issue, a very significant issue with herbals (at least in the U.S.) is that they ARE NOT required to be tested for safety or efficacy. As long as a supplier sticks a label on the bottle that the contents are not intend to treat any medical issues (WHAT!!!), the can be sold over the counter.

Black cohosh is an ancient plant derived drug used by indigenous Americans. This is from the WebMD.com site:
Black cohosh root also seems to have some effects similar to the female hormone, estrogen. In some parts of the body, black cohosh might increase the effects of estrogen. In other parts of the body, black cohosh might decrease the effects of estrogen. [Please re-read the previous two sentences.] Estrogen itself has various effects in different parts of the body. Estrogen also has different effects in people at different stages of life. Black cohosh should not be thought of as an “herbal estrogen” or a substitute for estrogen. It is more accurate to think of it as an herb that acts similar to estrogen in some people.

There is concern that black cohosh might harm the liver. Taking black cohosh with atorvastatin (Lipitor) might increase the chance of liver damage. However, there is not enough scientific information to know if this is an important concern. Before taking black cohosh talk to your healthcare provider if you take atorvastatin (Lipitor).[I take Lipitor!]
BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN YOU START ANOTHER DRUG. YOUR DOCTOR/PHARMACIST NEEDS TO KNOW ALL OF THE MEDICATIONS YOU ARE TAKING, OBTH SCRIPTED AND OVER THE COUNTER SO THEY CAN RULE OUT CONFLICTS BEFOREHAND.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Angelic wrote:Basically, the doctor told me estrogen is not safe, but I said fuck it I will do it anyway lol.
What kind of doctor do you see?

I doubt very much that your doctor told you estrogen is not safe. Every adult human has estrogen in some form, and in some quantity racing through their systems and yet we live on average well into our 80s.

Estrogens have risks, but they are not dangerous.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Angelic wrote:Estrogen doctor. Whos job it is to give trans hormones. And gave me a paper that listed all the potential health hazards of estrogen. Before I could sign an informed consent.
Driving at night is hazardous - but not dangerous. Almost everyone in the U.S. has driven at night yet almost everyone who has driven at night is still alive.

Every drug sold in the U.S. carries a list of potential injuries, yet many drugs will save your life. You make a risk/reward decision in everything you do in life.

No doctor would allow you to take a 'dangerous' drug unless the risk reward of your continued life was at stake. Being trans is not a life threatening condition.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby on Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:05 am

Every thing has side effects. Drugs are well know, it just shows the statistics of posable effects. Put another way. Food stuff has warnings on them about nuts, or that it my course hyperactivity. These are side effects of eating that food. Hormones are dangerous, that's why medical advice and monitoring is an advantage. People have died by taking to much to soon, hoping to speed things up. Which is sad and ironic as medical research shows of you ramp up the estrogen to quickly you reduce thr amount of breast tissue formed.
Not all side effects are listed, especially when used of labor. For example sprio lactone anti testosterone drug, reduces the final breast size when compared to alternative medication.

Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:52 am

I tend to be leery of any location that permits persons to promote the unmonitored use of hormones.

I began with slow amounts, and it took about a year to end up with my full doses.
I suffered no ill effects, and I'm happy about that.

But my health and my life, it DID change, and it changed a LOT.

Physiologically speaking, yes there were changes. I grew modest breast growth. At my mid-50s it wasn't much. I needed breast augmentation surgery to end up with a modest bra size. I might have asked for slightly bigger. Maybe I should have asked for slightly bigger. But the truth is, I wanted them for me, not for a man to ogle Smile I lost evidence of body hair, yippee! Smile Otherwise, the rest of my physiological adjustments are nearly invisible to the untrained eye. I'm told my skin gets softer, easier to damage, slower to heal. I've never really noticed this effect in action. I sort of feel weaker. But then I'm also 56 and disabled with fibromyalgia.

Emotionally, yes, I have seen a LOT of adjustments.
I cry so danged easy.
I'm much more empathic (so I'm told by observers of me).
My behaviour is so much more feminine now.
I am less aggressive, more easy to scare, and I can't stand violent elements in media.

My sexuality has wandered a few times in the last 3 years. Not sure the hormones are at fault, as I have simply been exposed to new situations since. Prior to my transition, I was a person who had never dated, had only been with one person ever, and as such, new almost nothing about sex with others Smile
3 years of constantly blathering on about wanting a man, and now, I'm engaged to a transgender woman who is if you ask me, superior to a man in any way you wish to consider Smile
I think I might be a lesbian. I know so many transgender female lesbians.

Anyway, take hormones with great caution. You only die once.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum