Why we watch football...

Go down

Why we watch football... Empty Why we watch football...

Post  MichaelaSJ on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:54 pm

Gunman Kills At Least 12 In Thousand Oaks, California, Bar Shooting
The shooter was armed with a Glock 21 .45-caliber handgun with an extended magazine that he purchased legally in Simi Valley
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/thousand-oaks-bar-shooting_us_5be3ea98e4b0769d24c93ee0
I woke up to another maddeningly senseless shooting. I had recorded the Premier League match between Everton and Brighton-Hove Albion Wednesday night and I was able to hide my head and soul from the carnage in the replay of the match.

This is why we have these interludes to real life - especially now that they come weekly to our television screens.

BHA just tied the match at 32:55. At the least for the next hour or so I won't have to listen to anything more than the incessant chant from the fans in the stands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Why we watch football... Empty Re: Why we watch football...

Post  Celia Eriksson on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Well, the only games I watch are the big internationals and my beloved Manchester United, though I only tend to tune it towards the end and I watched the second half of the Juventus Champion League game. So, I was kinda doing other stuff coz Ronaldo the Portuguese man scored a goal for Juventus and I had given up...…. but then they scored two goals in the last minutes and won the game by two one! I was very excited!

But as for the guns and the shootings, well of course top story here in England and so very sad.... yet again. I hate guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why we watch football... Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Jehanne on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:48 am

Football? Americans get confused over that! ("Foot" + "ball". Hmmm....)

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:45 am

I hope everyone understood that I meant 'soccer' (ugh, sorry) when I mentioned the Premier League.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:16 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:I hope everyone understood that I meant 'soccer' (ugh, sorry) when I mentioned the Premier League.

Association football = soccer, a term that originated not in America but in England:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara on Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:52 pm

It isn't just Americans who refer to association football as soccer. The soccer term, which @Jehanne noted originated in England, is also used in Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and others.

Personally, I find Aussie Rules the most interesting variant, but it's not as easy to watch on American telly as it once was. Sad

Soccer Is Called Football in What Countries?

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:04 pm

So, of course, first..... Miki..... Oh Miki..... Miki, Miki, Miki!!!!!!

England 3 USA 0

Aaaah…. enjoyed that. Didn't watch it but saw the goals on the news. So Aussie Rules Tara? Absolutely fantastical, for more than one reason! Fun, lots of action, free flowing...… and ….. buff guys in skimpy tops and short shorts. Could watch it for hours, only drawback, the cameras often too far away to watch the interesting bits closely. Embarassed It's on BT Sport quite often. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Why we watch football... Mwyxl1

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Tara wrote:It isn't just Americans who refer to association football as soccer. The soccer term, which @Jehanne noted originated in England, is also used in Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and others.

Personally, I find Aussie Rules the most interesting variant, but it's not as easy to watch on American telly as it once was.  Sad

Soccer Is Called Football in What Countries?

I have heard people refer to soccer as being "football" here in the US, some guy on Fox Sports; he was from Europe, though.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:08 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:
Why we watch football... Mwyxl1

Why we watch football... Peppamdsnoop

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Touchie, my friend, touchie!

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:29 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:So Aussie Rules Tara? Absolutely fantastical, for more than one reason! Fun, lots of action, free flowing...… and ….. buff guys in skimpy tops and short shorts

Cool

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:34 pm

'Nuff said...….

Why we watch football... Nuff-said

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:57 pm

Why we watch football... E7xmoz
Brandi Chastain

I actually had lunch with her back in 2012 when she was pitching an inclusion of her athlete oriented facility in one of my real estate projects. (Didn't go anywhere, but she was nice!)

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:14 pm

What's happened to all ya pics Miki? I reckon your pic hosting site is up the creek! I use postimage.io, it's reliable and folk can't access personal picsfrom it coz it goes via a url.... oh lordy loo if they could access some, I'd die of lingerial shame, sheer brazen shame. Embarassed BTW, came here to say England beat Croatia 2-1 with late goals and are in the semi finals of the Nations Cup, not the world's biggest tourney, but not bad!

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why we watch football... Empty images

Post  MichaelaSJ on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:28 am

I have been using a site named tinypic.com that will take an image and resize it. I tried logging on to it today and I was getting 404s.

I have a couple of website, I should probably upload and refer to those urls.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:14 am

Oh they are back again. xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down