I want to visit England!

Go down

I want to visit England! Empty I want to visit England!

Post  Jehanne on Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:20 pm

Okay, Brits; what advice do you have for me? I would like to come to London and see the Museum of Natural History as my first stop.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

I want to visit England! Empty Re: I want to visit England!

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi Jehanne!

The Natural History Museum is not what it was, it once housed and showed great collections of insects and creatures in wonderful display cabinets and every room was a wonder. I'm not saying it does not have that now, just not so much. It's not a bad thing, but it is more of a very interactive place that is great for children and school groups but as I say, not as nice for someone like me that loves the natural world and wants to look at real stuff, not press buttons and read colourful lit displays and that.

London is expensive, I've never stayed in a hotel up there but I do know it would be expensive. There's lots of free stuff to do, there is the Maritime Museum, the Tate Gallery is a must, (Tate Modern if you like that kinda thing), he Victoria and Albert can take more than a day to look at everything, Imperial War museum, the British Museum, the British Library, madame Tussauds (paid entry but unmissable!). Also paid but you should see is the Tower of London, Buckingham, Kensington and Hampton Court Palaces.

London is quite different to the rest of the UK and there are some places you should see too, Brighton, by the sea, is wonderful, I go there lots and peruse the lanes for antiques. Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to visit England! Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Oh, thanks; I am going to copy & past this one for keeps.

This is probably a simple Internet search, but any advice on airfare, maybe, airlines that one should avoid??

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi Jehanne!

I'm off to work my night shift now so quickly.....

I've not flown on some that may be better, but I think BA has always been good, then JAL, but JAL won't do USA - UK I think. Qantas sane, probably don't do it. American Airlines were ok too. Avoid the budget ones they are rubbish. Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to visit England! Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:58 am

Where are you flying from? That will affect your choice of airline. In my opinion they are much the same. Don't just look at direct flights either. You can save a lot of money with a stopover. For example when I was coming back from Chicago a couple of years ago on a nearly full Aer Lingus flight to Dublin. I was surprised how few of the passengers were collecting bags. Turns out most of the passengers were heading elsewhere in Europe. When I checked the costs of direct flights. It became obvious why. Check out Norwegian airlines. They are good value but only have a limited number of US destinations.
London is expensive to stay in but there are cheaper options on the outskirts and you can take advantage of the generally good train and tube services to get to central London.
Everyone should visit London at least once but preferably a few times.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:14 pm

Jehanne, I have not been to NYC in nearly 30 years, but if you are interested in natural history, then you need to visit the American Museum of Natural History in New York City (https://www.amnh.org/) on your way back to the States.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down