Baking up a storm here :)

Go down

Baking up a storm here :) Empty Baking up a storm here :)

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:28 pm

Christmas (or whatever it is deemed to be, I call it 3 rd Turkey Dinner eh), for me is a time for food.

I have essentially inherited my mom's Christmas baking recipes (largely because no one else likes baking in the family).

Just processed a batch of peanut butter cookies dough. And the oven has date squares in it. Next will be cherry squares (sorry brother dear, you will need to visit this year to get them Smile ).

I've also been busy at preparing Christmas dinner. Potatoes, carrots, turnip and all the usual items on the plate need peeling and dicing etc, so I've been eliminating all the manual labour tasks so that when we have the meal it will be mostly all done.

Going to have my transgender sister Sam and my transgender brother Nate over this weekend so thinking of making the meal Sunday or Monday. Not much fun having a big meal for just D'arcy and me on Christmas day itself.

Might have son and his girlfriend over after the 25th, but he's vegan so I will need to add some elements to a meal for them.

Most of my Christmas prep is basically just baking in the kitchen so I'm not suffering the usual madhouse shopping spectacle Smile I have a few items under the tree for me and there are a few things headed for D'arcy. She's already seen some of the things meant for her (some people just can't wait eh Smile ).

Anyway, I suspect I will be quite 'occupied' in a short while with company, so I won't be online much until after Christmas.

Taking this chance to wish everyone a safe time and try have fun in ways that don't cause you harm eh. Whether alone, or in a group, I'll be thinking of ya.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Baking up a storm here :) Empty Re: Baking up a storm here :)

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:46 pm

Hi Lesley!

It sounds very nice, I like baking too! It is a mad time of year, I have done all my shopping, but cz I am working through 24th -27th 12 hour shifts, I have already cooked my Turkey, just a crown. I'll have it cold, only warmed up with gravy with all the trimmings Christmas day night about 7 after work!

May I wish you and your kin and D'Arcy a very Merry Christmas and hope you have a very lovely and super Christmassy time!

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baking up a storm here :) Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:27 pm

I think I'm ready. I've done all the shopping. My wife is in town now rounding up the last few things. The turkey is in the fridge. I got a nice ham from Aldi, precooked, pre sliced. A sister in law tipped me off about that one. Two types of stuffing. It'll be roast potatoes, sprouts, red cabbage and carrots. My wife is baking a Mary Berry ginger cake.
Another sister in law is spending Christmas with us and she'll supply the desserts.

Sadly I think this is the last year Santa will visit. The eldest is eleven and admitted to knowing to my wife but he begged her not to tell me because he knows I love the idea of it and he doesn't want to spoil Christmas for me. He's so kind. The youngest apparently still does he is very shrewd and I suspect that won't last. Having said that Santa shelled out on one expensive present for the last time. Go out in style I say.

As I said a sister in law is coming over. She's a noted human rights lawyer, expert in the laws of war, author, lecturer, PhD. You may think that would make a very dull Christmas day but in fact she's good company, pretty, blonde, very feminine, great at baking and would like nothing more than than to become a beauty therapist.

So it should be very pleasant indeed if I don't ruin the turkey!
The only downside is that I can't wear something pretty but maybe underneath. There'll be three women in the house that day.
Happy Christmas to everyone.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:03 pm

I didn't ruin the turkey or the dinner or Christmas. Quite pleased with myself.
It is a lovely Christmas this year. Still happening right now. The sound of laughter in the next room is wonderful.

I think I'm so lucky to have my family around me. I really need to count my blessings sometimes.

Hope you all had a good one. santa

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Am very happy that you're having a nice time Marie. I was working today..... Sad …. but after a very nice bubbly bath and some tea and toast I feel all warm and snugly now. Am going to look for a weepy on Netflix and open a bottle of wine!!! Two nightshifts to go now and I can begin to enjoy it a little, though I'm in on Saturday too, I have four days off after that!! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:26 am

I've worked similar shifts Celia but somehow managed to avoid Christmas Day once through a rebellion when my shift was rostered in. We thought it was unnecessary and in any case as I pointed out to my manager none of us will turn up. At the time I was single but many others were parents of young kids. Men and women. Hey kids Christmas is cancelled!

He didn't want to be in either so in the end we were told that if enough people from other shifts wanted the overtime we could opt out and Scrooge like take it as a day's leave. Bah humbug. As there were plenty of foreigners for whom Christmas meant little so came for the money.
But we were back in 7am on the 26th for another sixty hour week.
Don't envy you on nights though. I did a month on month off days and nights. It was killing me. Never again.

I did like the time off, one shift gave me six days off every two weeks and no weekends. Another Thursday to Sunday off.

What is your job btw?

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi Marie,

Well you kinda get used to sleeping daytime, I slept six hours today for example, ate and bathed and just having coffee whilst on here. I now have to leave in about 90 mins.

Not really into saying too much about me, for my own safety, but I have mentioned it here before, so I'll tell you I'm in nursing, but I'm not going to elaborate further... I do end up working longer than I should often. It's not a terrible job, I never wake up and think oh no I have to work, but I do get the feeling that I am never away from work and I do feel 'time poor'.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:27 pm

That's ok C, Totally understand. Not in nursing but working nights is the same. I always slept right through so never seeing daylight unless it was the last night so I set the alarm to wake up early. So I could go to bed like a normal person and get up more or less normally. One guy I knew ignored that rule, he woke up seventeen hours later. Another rode the bus asleep three times. Another died two hours after leaving night shift on her way to see her daughter. Fell asleep on the road.

Hated all my worthless jobs though. Nursing is an honourable job. My wife is a medical professional. I've long learned to forgive her late nights. My job is to mind her.
Lucky me.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:57 am

Hi Marie!

I often do my big grocery shop after my last night, just done it. The shop is quiet and though shelf stackers and delivery folk are everywhere, it's good to get it done. I'll sleep, but not 17 hours! I'll go about 4 now, same as you did, so I can sleep normally tonight, but then I'm on Saturday night, so it's going to be quite tiring til I wake up Sunday afternoon and try to get back to normality...… but then there's New Year's Eve Monday and I'm out for that and that'll be late.... oh my, I might as well be nocturnal for the next few days too!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down