Neofascist trolls.

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Neofascist trolls.

Post  Jehanne on Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:21 pm

I believe that the 2nd Amendment should be abolished.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:28 pm

Hi Jehanne,

Sorry to jump on ya post, I was already here tweakin' stuff! Yes, I too believe the 1791 amendment, perhaps suitable in the 18th century, is absolutely ridiculous for a civilised nation to adhere to in the 21st century. Abolish it.

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:00 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi Jehanne,

Sorry to jump on ya post, I was already here tweakin' stuff! Yes, I too believe the 1791 amendment, perhaps suitable in the 18th century, is absolutely ridiculous for a civilised nation to adhere to in the 21st century. Abolish it.

Celia xx

And, if one actually takes time to read the 2nd Amendment, the Founders intended it to be with respect to an armed militia, something that is no longer in place in today's World:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:15 pm

Angelic wrote:
Jehanne wrote:I believe that the 2nd Amendment should be abolished.
Hi Jehanne,

Celia xx

You know transwomen need guns to fight off bullies right?

But you obviously don't care whats in the best interest of the community.

Words cannot describe the level of contempt I have for both of you.

Why do transwomen need to carry? A close shave (if you even need one), dark glasses, makeup, a full tee and a mid-calf skirt, you'll blend in; at least that has been my experience. And, just ignore everyone, unless, they speak to you first.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:30 pm

Hi Angel and Jehanne,

I am quite happy for a gun debate. I am happy for different viewpoints and argument. Let's have it.... but, the slightest sniff of any personal attack..... and the contempt remark is sailing very close to the wind Angel!

Let me explain in simple terms. Have the debate without using usernames or direct foul language, accusations or insults to any other member. The rules apply across the board, there will be one warning from now on and then bans. So let fair debate begin!

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-highest-rates-of-firearm-related-deaths.html

One modern Western nation in the top 20. Nuff said!!! And transwomen do not need to use violence!

Last edited by Celia Eriksson on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:37 pm

This will be my last direct post in this thread on gun control, although, I may comment on related topics, but the following sums-up my views:

Those of you who are interested can watch Part 2.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:04 am

Oh Jehanne!!!!

I was nearly off to beddybyes and saw your post and watched the vids. Well they were frickin' amazing. The second one even funnier than the first one! Mr Jeffries is an amazing man and I shall look for more of his stuff!

But what beautiful Austral/Brit argument against the stupid 2nd. amendment, he said it all! My favourite part was the safe..... so funny! And the Native American bit and muskets and time to make up!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:07 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Oh Jehanne!!!!

I was nearly off to beddybyes and saw your post and watched the vids. Well they were frickin' amazing. The second one even funnier than the first one! Mr Jeffries is an amazing man and I shall look for more of his stuff!

But what beautiful Austral/Brit argument against the stupid 2nd. amendment, he said it all! My favourite part was the safe..... so funny! And the Native American bit and muskets and time to make up!

Celia xx

I think that this particular performance was in America, and so, would also add "brave" to his being funny. Glad that you enjoyed it!

Dawn

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:18 am

Angelic wrote:
Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi Angel and Jehanne,

I am quite happy for a gun debate. I am happy for different viewpoints and argument. Let's have it.... but, the slightest sniff of any personal attack..... and the contempt remark is sailing very close to the wind Angel!

Let me explain in simple terms. Have the debate without using usernames or direct foul language, accusations or insults to any other member. The rules apply across the board, there will be one warning from now on and then bans. So let fair debate begin!

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-highest-rates-of-firearm-related-deaths.html

One modern Western nation in the top 20. Nuff said!!! And transwomen do not need to use violence!

Transwomen have a 1 in 12 chance of being murdered.

You live a sheltered life where you've never had stalkers trying to break into your home.

I'm sick of people like you trying to hand me a death sentence and people like you are literally sabotaging my ability to transition. I'm not transitioning if I'm not allowed to defend myself. Like I'm literally not going to walk the streets.

1 in 12? Would you please provide an authoritative source for that statistic? The majority to most of the murders that Wikipedia lists are those who have been in sexual relationships with their murderer.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:45 pm

Two weeks next time, Angelic.

That's not flying! That's falling with style!

Trans support chat - link to room below rules.
Southwest Virtual Airline -- in case you love the 737 as much as I do.

Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:58 pm

No Beth.... lifetime please, Angel is aware. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:36 am

Copy Five by Five.

That's not flying! That's falling with style!

Trans support chat - link to room below rules.
Southwest Virtual Airline -- in case you love the 737 as much as I do.

Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:58 am

Jehanne

I believe the Second Amendment has been throttled enough by the Heller decision, but the Federal, state and local governments need to jump in and legislate given the very wide opening that Heller gave.

If you are not familiar with Heller, it was a case, decided by the ultra-conservative Justice Scalia, excerpting regarding the right to buy and carry a weapon in the District of Columbia. It Held:

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

2.  Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose:  For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.
The Heller decision can convince a government (Federal, state, local) to ban weapons that are unusual: machine guns, tanks, artillery weapons AND M-16/AR-15 variants, AK-45 and Uzi's.

I have owned, in the past, a Marlin 22 rifle and a Winchester shotgun. I had no real use for either weapon and sold them.

My Son owns two rifles and two pistols. He keeps them locked away in a very expensive gun safe and only uses them for target practice and at a practice range or way up in Northern California where no body lives.

So, long comment shortened: I support gun ownership, within reason and within a specific definition of what is a gun and how a gun can be used.

Just like everything else in life, you need to find the courage to do something; whether it be going to the store for milk or enacting legislation prohibiting the sale/purchase/use of certain types of weapons and requiring the registration and specific qualifications to buy and hold a legal weapon - and fuck the NRA.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:00 pm

I remember reading about how Japan had 20+ deaths from handguns during one calendar year, and it was front-page news all across their country, and was viewed as being a "national conspiracy". Fact is that the US, by proportion, leads the entire Western World in deaths from guns, and so, something is, clearly, broke.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:47 pm

There are roughly 350 million guns in U.S. for a population of 320 million.

If we ban guns, or repeal the 2nd Amendment, how do you propose picking up all of those weapons. We already make some uses illegal and we add enhanced punishments if a gun is used in a crime.

There is no way that the U.S. citizenry, even the most ardent of gun abolitionists would allow and not balk at letting the gun police look into every nook and cranny looking for a weapon to confiscate. If you believe every one will drive down to the local police station and drop off their $1,000 Remington 700 hunting rifle, well...

I would propose strict licensing for use, whether for hunting, sport or protection. I do not understand why someone would pay over a $1,500 for a Desert Eagle 357, keep it locked up for a year and then pay $0.30 for each round you fire at a paper target....

What the NRA declines to mention is that if you keep a pistol for protection you are more likely than not to be killed by a criminal with that very gun.

There also needs to be a waiting period for every sale, especially at gunshows. This would allow the background check for every buyer. I lso do not understand how we can allow an individual who has been identified as having a mental issue the ability to purchase a gun.

Lastly, just like drivers need to register their cars and trucks and pay a fee, each gun must be registered at initial purchase and proof of physical possession must be made at some time afterwards. This would hinder the unlicensed/unregistered sale of a gun down to the road to someone who should not have one.

This is imperfect, and it will probably not save many lives - but at least people will keep their guns locked up.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:36 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:There are roughly 350 million guns in U.S. for a population of 320 million.

If we ban guns, or repeal the 2nd Amendment, how do you propose picking up all of those weapons. We already make some uses illegal and we add enhanced punishments if a gun is used in a crime.

Oh, I agree; the Framers, in this respect, were wise individuals, and so, it would take two-thirds of Congress and three-fourths of States to repeal #2. Until then, we will have to live with the occasional to regular mass shooting in the United States. But, still, as with slavery, there will, I hope, be a greater awareness of the fact that the 2nd Amendment needs to go, or at least be amended to allow greater restrictions on the purchase, ownership, use, and especially, storage of lethal weapons.

Another century or two perhaps, assuming that our World survives until then and beyond.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down