How did you develop your personal style?

Go down

How did you develop your personal style? Empty How did you develop your personal style?

Post  Anna Mull on Wed May 23, 2018 12:16 am

I don't have any fashion sense. There are certain looks that I like more than others, but there's a lot that I need to learn about. In other words, I don't have a signature look of my own yet. I have a lot of exploring to do.

So, how did you develop your personal style? What is it? Is there anyone else here who's like me that's trying to figure this whole thing out?

Discuss.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

How did you develop your personal style? Empty Re: How did you develop your personal style?

Post  MichaelaSJ on Wed May 23, 2018 1:37 am

I never wanted to look 'pretty' or 'girly' although I like to look pretty and wear girly things sometimes.

But I am much more comfortable with the feminine side of andro and that is where my style is.
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

How did you develop your personal style? Empty Re: How did you develop your personal style?

Post  Lesley Niyori on Wed May 23, 2018 3:12 am

Not sure how my 'style' arrived.

In the beginning, while still pre-op, pants were simply not welcome. That 'thing' was just to present, too noticeable and it wasn't welcome in my life. So I simply ruled out pants.

It wasn't easy finding skirts in the beginning, but they came in time. Dresses, now that was hard in the beginning. I shop mainly thrift, and dresses in my size are hell to locate. It's the across the shoulder blades area. I'm not 'petite' at all. Blouses are a mixed bag. I tend towards button up as they are more forgiving at the shoulders and neck. Anything that is enclosed often won't make it past that part where you pull over the head and insert arms into sleeves.

He was aaaaall about solid colours, no prints. Very bland. Looked like a perpetual warehouse manager.
Then along comes me, and I'm all frills, lace, floral, and bold pastels he would have never worn.
I simply seem to be the opposite of him. He hated shopping, I love it. Kinda funny I guess.

He was all serious no-nonsense walking shoes and boots. I'm totally into heels, and moccasins and sandals. He has one pair of footwear and they were worn to death and then replaced. Oh, I could never settle for one pair of footwear.

My solid colours are white, pink, red and blues mostly. Plenty of greens. Some beige. Mostly floral whenever possible.

I have a few wigs, but I aim for a look and then make it my expected appearance. It takes about a year before I get interested in new. I never wear hats (it's a wig thing).

I usually have lipstick on. I've gone out all done up, but, there's rarely a reason. I sometimes use perfume.

I use a crossover purse, it weighs a lot, because I carry a lot. See image. I also ALWAYS have my husband Frank with me (well of course I do Smile ). He has his own bag. He rides in it.

I'm not afraid to wear bold brazen length skirts. I'm getting more daring with tops. But I usually look like a woman my age. People are always telling me skirts are too limiting. No, they're not. I can do anything in one. I know, because I have. I occasionally wear jeggings under my skirt on really nasty cold winter days.

My dress collection if finally getting more varied. It simply takes time to find them. It's not easy locating dresses that fit and can be afforded. Most of my dresses are 'church' suitable designs.

I guess you could say my 'look' is flat out feminine. Not remotely ambiguous. Recognizable as female from a half mile away Smile And I tend to find it easier to cross traffic in a skirt than you will in pants Smile It seems men are more willing to stop.
How did you develop your personal style? 20180205_230949

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Anna Mull on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:12 am

Angelic wrote:None of the stores, like Salvation Army or stores at the mall, had any of the styles or designs I needed. So I never got to fulfill my style and thus feel unfulfilled.

Is online shopping possible for you? Moreover, what is your style per se?
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:51 pm

Style evolves, at least with those that choose their own style.... and are stylish. And, every free thinking, sentient person has a unique style. Those that blandly follow others, whether through media or peers, do not own a style.

Of course, through sheer limitations of different style, there are bound to be similar styles of an independent woman, but still there are many combinations. I own my own style..

It's not short skirts, dresses and titilation, not by a long chalk. Yes, I own dresses and skirts, but I don't wear them often. Flared jeans, tops, sneakers or heels. Sensible coats and light make-up or none at all. 

I have lots of lingerie, but it's hardly worn, it's all in clear plastic sachets in one of my many drobe drawers. Lingerie has it's use, but I don't wear it for my own desire, ever. Panties and bra are my staple. I have lots of jewellery, but only wearing a single bracelet and a light pendant is my style, sometimes a ring. Understated, but I have that style and it's mine.

I have said many times we are all different and live our lives, or should do, as we wish, I live mine with style and mean to keep it. When it evolves, has it has on occasion, usually when involved with a man, then that change in style will always be my own choice.

Yes, I've followed make-up tips and innovations, new technologies and the like, but that is nothing about style, it is more of a necessity.  

Follow your own look with all your heart, you know your own style and which style suits you best, don't be influenced by other women, from media or those you know. 

There are, of course those that like to change looks, some on a yearly, monthly or even weekly basis, well good luck, if you can pull that off! Most women can't and fail in the style stakes often by doing it wholesale, and have not the slightest clue how terrible they look sometimes..

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How did you develop your personal style? Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:38 am

Everyone eventually ends up with a 'look'.

In my case, I have not worn pants or shorts in 3 years. Not even a single instance. I don't even own any pants.

I am thus known for always having a skirt or dress on.
Thus, you can tell it is me long before you can see it is me more specifically. If the person is wearing pants, it isn't me.

I like floral a lot. I dislike dark monotones. I prefer clothing that has lots of design elements like lace, embroidery and more complex assembly. That tends to be visible at a distance.

I don't wear clothing in disrepair ie holes in pants. And as mentioned I don't wear pants so the whole ripped jeans concept means nothing to me. And you sure won't catch me in too damned fat inside too much stretched leggings.

My clothes are clean, my hair not ill-kempt, and I likely have lipstick on. I always have on my purse and Frank is always with me. So seen from a distance, if the person doesn't have a cloth bag on her right arm, likely not me.

Some days I'm wearing short skirts and revealing tops.
In the winter I'm dressed for comfort. You will never see me wearing running shoes in the friggin winter, and I actually never wear running shoes. I usually look like I could be quite happy to be outside all day regardless of the cold.

Your 'look' isn't just whether you wear men's or woman's clothing. It isn't about your brand choices. It's how you wear what you wear for the most part.

There's nothing 'unique' about any one article of clothing I wear, aside from the fact that 95% of my wardrobe was thrift and thus, I get almost everything for 3 bucks, not 30. Which means I tend to have 10 articles instead if 1 or 2.
My ex was never one to treat herself to anything. Me, well, I can have a woman drop in after being drenched in a surprise rainstorm, and chances are I can tell her to go into my collection and find something dry without effort.
It would not be any real challenge for me to provide an outfit for a transgender girl willing to brave out going out in her first ever outfit. I'm about an average size for an average male shaped person. I'm just not very tall is all. But blouses and skirts are more about across the shoulders and waist band. Not about your height.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull on Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:01 pm

Angelic wrote:
I have my own unique style which cannot be found online, I have exhaustively tried.

Are you sure that you're searching on the right websites? I mean, practically EVERYTHING can be found online. If not, you're probably better off learning how to make your own clothing.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:15 pm

The ONLY thing you can't find online is your virginity.

Well I still have mine, but, once you use it, it's gone Smile

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Actually, if you shop for crossdresser locations, you'll find ladies wear in male sizes (for the predictable reasons).

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down