Days like this. Busy being me for once

Go down

Days like this. Busy being me for once

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:40 pm

I'm away from the family at moment. Back in the big city getting my wife's former house ready for new tenants. As I was alone in the house. I brought some female clothing and indulge myself. A little bit of freedom to be me.

Anyway I got up this morning and got to work. Moving things around dusting, cleaning. Fitting new window sashes. Repairing the carpet, putting up curtains. Contentedly busy. Then I caught a glimpse of myself in the wardrobe mirror. It made me smile. You see last night I slept only in a strappy top and panties. When I got up I slipped on a pink sateen robe (my indulgent sexy thing) and comfy flat shoes.

Totally inappropriate for housework but the point is that I never thought of what I was wearing as I busied myself around the house. Normally I'm on my guard but this time totally relaxed. Not only that I feel I was more efficient with my practical female mind freed for a moment.

Wouldn't it be great if it was like this all the time?

Sigh Crying or Very sad

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Re: Days like this. Busy being me for once

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:27 pm

We all have our barriers, limiters, hurdles I guess.

I'm sitting here in a house dress. House dress = something unsuitable for actually going outside in, more or less, and yet, clearly not a nightgown (which is certainly not acceptable outside routinely.

Funny though, is I have actually worn a skirt under this thing and gone out in public in it (usually winter and seeking layers). And, I have actually walked over to the ex-wife's place (a span of 200 feet down the sidewalk) in a nightgown, and coat and slippers to watch TV with her in the past Smile

The things we wear when we learn to accept we ARE who we are and stop caring if anyone has a problem with it.

I have a select number of people allowed to see me in my current state. Generally all women, or transgender friends, or particularly close friends and family. And interestingly, not ALL family.

I consider it a measure of how valuable a person is to me, to permit them to see me in my most undressed up state.

Valentines's day morning, I put on something sexy, and some perfume, but otherwise dressed down, and greeted my fiance with "happy Valentine's day dear, I got you something, me." Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:23 pm

It's so true Leslie. I often dress at home in ways I wouldn't go out as. If I do I feel uncomfortable and that's presenting as male. My wife when she comes home from work usually puts on something comfy, usually something of mine which is female anyway.
But not quite what I was wearing this morning.

Anyway l carried on the theme. I briefly considered going all in and heading out in full dress up mode. Even if I don't pass completely this city is pretty tolerant these days.

But don't have time. Instead I walked to the local shopping centre got a nice cheap pair of flat shoes and some socks. Plus a bracelet with my name on it. I think I'll convert to a necklace.

Anyway have to go. More to be done before I hit the motorway and head West.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:57 pm

Home now after a good day. Even the drive was good. Night driving on a motorway can be quite fun, following the red tail lights. At one point me and some BMW got into a kind of tag team, swapping places or in formation. Great fun. Two hours passed easily.

Night driving can be mesmerising, giving you time to think. Add in a Classic hits radio station and you don't want to stop.

But stop I did and was practically crushed by my boys with hugs. My wife on the other hand was at her wits end because she's simply not used to dealing with them. She never loses her cool normally but they got to her.

Now I say you know what I have to put up with.

Maybe I should go away more often!

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:36 am

Hi Marie!!!

Yes that is poignant to me, night driving, I totally get that. I have friends in Swindon and Newbury and am used to driving home late at night on near empty motorways. I too, like the radio on, I like Gold, with all the old hits but it's outta reach until I hit Reading.... before that I put my tapes on.... yes cassettes! Helga's 25 y.o. and only has cassette, (1993 Volvo 940 Estate, I love her!!!), I'll put on Kitty Wells or Loretta Lynn and they see me through! It is quite a thing, I relax and try to enjoy the drive, truth is I hate driving though, it just helps and it feels a victory just to get home and snuggle down afterwards!

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:54 am

My wife wants a Volvo next. They do seem to last. Our Mazda is only an 07. It was generally reliable but got a bit sick lately and the passenger door jammed. I handed it over to some wonderful Polish mechanics and now it purrs like a kitten. But even that cost more than the car is worth.

I've done my fair share of, I can't say long distance because this is Ireland after all, but long trips particularly returning from my 'job' late at night often on twisty country roads. I needed the radio on and sometimes a Red bull to stay awake.

I have a CD player but it swallowed several CDs now and won't give them back. Your tape player may be obsolete but so is the CD player. All USBs now. Modern cars have a glass cockpit straight out of an Airbus. A lot of cars are aimed directly at women now particularly Renault. I noticed this first in my wife's Yaris. There was only one vanity mirror and it was on the driver's side.

Well I'll probably do it again next week. Maybe go out dressed, shopping maybe.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:43 pm

Because of my health issues, I should not fly. So, I drive and drive and drive and drive.

I was going to a clinic in Phoenix for beard removal. It is 700 miles, one way from San Jose, and 13 hours. I have no trouble doing the drive non-stop except for lunch and the occasional fill-up and pee stop.

My last job involved me driving around Northern California looking for land projects. It was not unusual for me to drive 500 miles in one day - weekly.

In 2004, I bought a Porsche Cayenne (V-6 model) and literally wore it out in less than two years driving 75,000 miles. I bought a replacement Cayenne S in 2006 and still have it (it is the best, and most expensive car I ever bought).

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down