The dual life

Go down

The dual life

Post  Supreme_Pizza on Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:43 pm

Is anyone successfully living "the dual life"?

I can't risk coming out at work.

Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Re: The dual life

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:03 pm

We have some girls here sort of doing that thing.

I'm not one of those.

I'm fully out, entirely out, completely out. I've appeared in newspaper articles.
I actually spent the today educating a batch of nice United Church members at a Lunch and Learn gathering in town.

It was quite pleasant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Hello_Its_Me Today at 12:11 pm

Hmmmmm, I guess I sorta have a double life. I dont work so thats not an issue. But my neighbors have not been told about me. Thing is that is a bit ridiculous...as I pass everywhere I go, strangers adress me as female
I learned early on that "coming out" wasnt for me. My family has known for over two years and they all know me as female, even though some of the assholes have trouble with it... the same ones I choose to ignore. But my 3 neighbors still wave and say hi to my old name...I think some people just have blinders on. In their defense I do play a guitar fairly loud, so maybe they just see a hair band member. Thing is I have no interest in having an official "outing" convo with them. If they ever should ask, Ill tell...but I dont tell anymore. I dont call myself trans because I dont see myself that way... I dont feel it must define me. I mean CIS people dont go round saying Hi Im a cisgender person... Ive never heard of anyone saying oh by the way I have to tell you Im a boy (or girl) So why do I have to say anything. Ive had a friend now for 9 months that I just told her 2 weeks ago. I only told her because I did not want a secret, but she said told me she didnt know and the look on her face confirmed that. She was surprised. Honestly, I was surprised... I think she is a keeper. Even after telling her she doesnt slip up, she actually seems perplexed when i make any mention of my past. Thats one of the best feelings

I have not changed my legal name, I go back and forth on wether I want to. Its expensive and complicated and I dont have the money. Its not a big deal to me. Im going to have to eventually as I can tell it confuses some. When I voted last year the women looked a bit bewildered...yet she let me vote anyway.

Hello_Its_Me

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Today at 2:51 pm

I mirror your sentiment in a lot of ways Hello.

Oh by the way, I'm calling you HiM until you give me something better Smile Sounds ironically comical actually considering it should be HeR Smile

I think I am more or less so out, I can't really undo the outing, but, I do prefer to see myself as 'just female' for the reasons you mentioned. We don't expect it of the cis like you said.

My being transgender, is really only important to a medical professional "Oh, that explains it" when examining me.

My fiance got a funny affirmation last night. She was walking over to a friend's and it sounds like a man wanted to pick her up Smile She tends to dress provocatively. I told her, "see, you look plenty female to the loser old men in town honey" Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Hello_Its_Me Today at 3:41 pm

OMG! That never even crossed my mind... I was listening to the radio and Todd Rundgrens hello its me was playing... I struggle with forum names and it was too easy. However, those that have called me him... usually get on my shit list. Twisted Evil as Im sure you can understand

Hello_Its_Me

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down