Bahrain enters the 5th century...

Go down

Bahrain enters the 5th century... Empty Bahrain enters the 5th century...

Post  Celia Eriksson on Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:30 pm

So Bahrain has decreed that it wishes to progress onwards to the late 5th century A.D.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47769964

Nice...... not!!!!!!!!! When will we have some backbone as civilised nations and stop buying their oil?????

And this lot.....

Bahrain enters the 5th century... Map-LI

Last edited by Celia Eriksson on Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change the map, for Belize!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bahrain enters the 5th century... Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bahrain enters the 5th century... Empty Re: Bahrain enters the 5th century...

Post  Lesley Niyori on Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:27 pm

I consider any death based on bullshit primitive religious beliefs to be murder.

Plain as that.

I will consider The Sultan of Brunei to be a murderer.

Plain as that.

Any country that supports this, will be seen as both primitive, and subject to being treated as states that support religious murder.

Plain as that.

I am flat out denying any religion any form of compassion.

Plain as that.

They are based on lies. Any accidental 'good' resulting from reading anything in the Bible, is essentially of the person and from the person. Not the book or anything in it. You can read a label on a can of baked beans, and obtain a moment of revelation if you have an intellect worth mention.

I'm not telling anyone here, or anywhere else, what they can or can not think.
But I AM telling you, not once has anyone in any religion, ever produced a single reason for believing in any of it worthy of passing any real test.

I am not an atheist because I do not wish to believe.
I am an atheist because I don't have a single reason to believe.
I have a massive pile of evidence to support my science though.
I do not 'believe' in science. Belief is not required. I have the required proof.

I'm going to call religion what it is.
Evidence the individual has not evolved sufficiently intellectually.
It doesn't make me 'smarter' than a religious person.
It does not make me 'wiser' than a religious person.
It does make me intellectually more 'mature' than a religious person.
If that sounds offensive to a religious person, too fucking bad.

The Bible is an offensive book. The Koran is offensive. The Torah is offensive.
Astrology and Flat Earthers, and Hollow Earthers and Alien Conspiracies are all offensive.
Gross stupidity is offensive.
White supremacy is offensive.
Racism as a whole is offensive.
Our entire world's obsession with money is offensive.

I am offended on many levels by plenty of the world's cultures to a point.
At least you don't need to worry about me blowing you up over a refusal to accept evolution and physics. I don't have an obsession with killing anyone over climate science arguments. Granted, I won't need to kill anyone over climate science debates. Because those who won't accept it, are likely going to kill themselves as a result of their inability to accept it.

I have no sympathy for those who simply will not use that large blob of mental muscle between their ears.

Every day when I wake, I wonder to myself, will this be the day it happens?
Will this be the day it falls apart.

Mother nature has no shortage of tools at her disposal.
A sudden earthquake in California could initiate the collapse. The Cascadia fault letting go will destroy the complacency of the rich West Coast too. The volcano in the Canary Islands letting go will initiate the death of the US east coast. Then there's Yellowstone. Or we might actually nuke ourselves. Or create a virus we only thought we could control. Or modify some organism in a stupid clumsy fashion, and create a major problem. Or maybe the rich finally push the schmucks past the tipping point until we all just lose our collective shit together.

Every day I wonder, is this the beginning of the last chapter in our modern world?
Will I be able to ride it out?
Will I want to ride it out?
Will I have the needed skills.
Will my health just fail from lack of an ability to cope.

I'm not afraid of fucking assholes who live in a warped view of reality unable to comprehend that I'm a female person stuck in a supposedly male body. Because fucking assholes, they've always been there. There were fucking assholes in humanity when we were barely out of the trees. Observe a group of chimpanzees, and no doubt at all, at least one will be obviously an asshole.
I'm sure at least one dolphin or Orca, or wolf in a group will be an asshole to the rest.

I'm only afraid of collective stupidity.
I can hate on Trump or the Pope, or Doug Ford, but they are just one person.
The real problem comes from the assholes who put them in power.
I think Conservatives are morons, I think Catholics are the biggest problem in Christianity, and I generally don't mindless stupid voters who vote in the plainly greedy bastards who don't even care about the people that voted for them. Not one PC voter in my home town is going to benefit from anything Doug does to Ontario.

When I see news of Sharia, I feel the same as I do when I see Southern Baptists supporting bigotted Christian transphobic laws into being. Same fucking thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:03 pm

As the resident Vocal Christian, I have to say I am appalled at this map. How could anyone who listened to even three percent of what Yeshua said consider judging someone else? And to impose a death sentence?? Like Lesley said: murder, plain and simple.

Kindness and compassion are what my faith has taught me. Maybe I'm naive. Maybe I'm delusional. Maybe I'm wrong. But, I think the majority of believers are the ones who are wrong. And I suppose I will keep thinking that way. I will keep trying to set an example.

And I will pray for the poor people trapped in these countries.

That's not flying! That's falling with style!

"Eagles may soar, but badgers don't get sucked through jet engines."

I put the "boing" in Boeing.
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Hi Beth and Lesley!!!

I was raised Anglican and to some extent, I still do hold some belief in creator.

There is naturally, nothing whatsoever wrong with being gay, it is not a choice at all either. I was born with a female mind of that I have no doubt. Neither should anyone else doubt it. Nobody has any business questioning my circumstance. It is in fact unfortunate, for it is much, much easier to be cis male and hetero to boot. There is no choice involved, so why would governments jump from a great height upon my kind?

Why would any individual choose difficulties and the wrath of bigotry upon themselves? It is not sexual, I gain zero pleasure from being who I am, only if I choose someone I like for a sexual relationship and then only at the obvious moment do I gain sexual pleasure, same as everybody.

Those nations, bigots in power, have governments that have not lost the repressed culture or religion that closely adhere to, this from writings and ritual laid down by previous bigots in power of their society. Some for thousands of years. Although gay and transgender people have been accepted in other societies for many thousands of years and in some cases been repressed in relatively modern times, other societies have jumped from a very high place upon a minority that are too scared to fight back for a very long time and many of those listed are so.

It is outrageous in 2019 and civilised governments need to take a hard stance against them, global travel exports these bigoted ideas as being 'normal' when governments enforce it, things need to change, embargoes and trade bans.... I am not holding my breath.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:53 am

I'll just state upfront that I have no need for a god so any law based upon a god is null, void and meaningless.

Unfortunately, I still live in a world where religious law is still the norm in many places. It doesn't matter if the law is based upon the Torah, Bible or Qur'an. Or the Hindu or Buddhist books or any law based upon the 'teachings' as laid down by an actual human writing the utterances of a magic god. Some law based upon religious teachings is good - thou shall not steal or murder for example. But why shouldn't I be allowed to covet my neighbor's goods or his wife? (Remember my statement on 'greed'.) Also, while I must not mark up your place of worship, I will rail against its teachings from the sidewalk in front of the place as I see fit, even if that is what you consider blasphemy.

So, with that said, no religion or country adhering to religious law should be allowed to exist among the great number of countries not adhering to religious laws.

By the way, the map that Celia posted has a small error. Belize overturned all anti-sodomy laws in 2016.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:22 am

Hi Miki!!!!!

Map and list suitably changed for Belize!!! Well done Belize!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:45 pm

That map reminds me of a comment someone made about the world. He said there's a very thin veneer of civilisation in many countries outside what we call the west. A wise comment when you at that map and consider the countries in white. Many also live in a constant state of chaos and war. Remember it's not just LGBT but their attitudes to women and girls in general is also disgraceful. Tolerance is sorely lacking.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:08 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Map and list suitably changed for Belize!!! Well done Belize!!!
Now on to Guyana and the small island infesting the Carribean.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Oh there is quite a few in the Caribbean.....

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down