'drobe clearance jittery blues

Go down

'drobe clearance jittery blues Empty 'drobe clearance jittery blues

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:42 pm

So, it's coffee time and I have a few minutes. Just finished ironing and my last wash is on, then it'll be hoovering and cleaning. But, tomorrow I am going to face my periodic wardrobes cull and have a bit of a sort out.

You know how it goes, when did I last wear that? Do I really need this? Are these knickers past their sell-by date? One thing I know for sure, I need to be ruthless, my 'drobes are full to the gunnels and I have to be ruthless! The worst part is coming across something that I have never worn, oh I thought it was going to be 'ooh, oh so nice', then I think after a few months, 'but whenever have I actually worn it?'. Well actually it's not that freakin' good on me, that's why! Out it goes and more money swizzles down the Great Mysterious Swathe of Swizzle Holes that are stupid buys!

I know it sounds daft, but I do get the jitters facing up to it, but I will do it! For I am determined to sort them out. Well, yes I always take them to charity shops and then get lots of letters telling me how much I made them, but it's not the point, I seem to waste too much money on stuff I don't need and that includes food.

I make the mistake of going to the supermarket before lunch, or skip lunch so much that I am hungry..... 'ooh', I think, 'I'll try that and that and maybe this!', never thinking how much I'm gonna throw away! It's time to tighten up! I'm gonna be super careful from now on with my buys..... well at least that's the plan..... coz there is the Great Drobe Monster that whispers in my ear, keep it, keep it, keep it!!!!

I'll probably fail....  Crying or Very sad

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'drobe clearance jittery blues Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

'drobe clearance jittery blues Empty Re: 'drobe clearance jittery blues

Post  mariehart1 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:27 pm

'From now on' lol!
Those three little words. Good luck with that promise. Yesterday when I did my dress up I realised I needed a bit of a cull if only to make room for new things.

That colourful dress I bought in Tesco. It needs to go. Then there's the two short skirts. I'm nearly sixty I won't get away with them anymore.. A couple of tops realistically I won't wear them again. A pair of high heeled ankle boots. Nice but unwearable.

The underwear was recently mostly replaced. They were worn out and I can't abide male underwear unless it's on a man. So I mostly wear plain ambiguous but comfy female knickers like shorts and I managed to find some in Dunnes Stores. Perfect.

I also have some lingerie which really should go but you never know Wink

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:51 pm

Hehe Marie, we all have stuff we don't need. I'm a bit of a magpie with antiques too. But clothes, well lingerie.... I won't be buying anymore just yet, for I have quite a bit of beautiful lingerie only tried on the once after buying... and hopefully to be unpacked again for someone special one day. Most of it is now a few years old and more and carefully stored.

Shoes, I am actually careful with and mostly only buy what I'll use. I like ankle boots too, but like the shorter heels, at 5' 5" I like to keep my shortyness an advantage, maybe the shorter heeled ones would be better for you too Marie.

My everyday smalls are just plain ordinary cotton knickers, they are by far the most comfortable. I don't like the non-string or worse, the string thong types, they are too uncomfortable. I know the short briefs you like can be seamless and actually show the bum well under jeans or slacks, but I just prefer the standard cup the bottom knickers for comfort, that is usually bikini or standard briefs, never the high waist granny ones!!!!.

So 'from now on'..... well I hope I do keep to do it, coz I am tightening my belt in all quarters, I've stopped a few pointless direct debits on two ancestry sites, a doubled up roadside breakdown service, (I realised a month or two ago that I already had breakdown on my insurance, whilst paying the AA too!), a pay tv site I stopped using well over a year ago as I now only seem to watch netflix and Amazon prime.... just gotta curb spending silly and start saving more. Then I can do more stuff! I'm on a roll!!!!

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:25 am

I only get rid of clothes when they fall apart.

I never wear ripped jeans. Ok, I don't wear jeans ever. I don't wear pants ever.

But I have a massive collection of skirts. And a lot of blouses.

But I have an entire room for my clothes. It's not like I have a problem storing them.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:12 pm

Your own walk in wardrobe 'eh' Lesley? There's a small annex room in our bedroom which is a converted attic which I'm trying to convert into a walk in wardrobe for my wife. I need to cull some stuff in there first. She also needs to get rid of a lot of clothes. Give me some for a start. I acquired a pretty dress from her that was supposed to gone to charity.

I do have a stash of unbuilt model kits in there which has followed me around for years. A legacy of my old life. They should go. I could and should sell them.

But as I've stripped myself of virtually everything else I've ever had or been in my life. I cling on to them for some reason.

I've cut back too Celia well my wife pays for everything. I have literally no money or income I'm dependent on her. Odd state to be in.

I love shoes though. I think I've seven or eight pairs of female shoes, boots and sandals. Mens two and one of them is actually female casual.

I should cull them too and frankly most of the clothing. All of it in fact. I don't wear them enough to justify their existence really.

Dump them into the skip in the drive at the moment. We had a general clean out of the house and garage.

I don't know though. It broke my heart when I dumped my old clothes after I got married. Some really nice things went. One a rather tacky piece of animal print lingerie given as Christmas present by my friend and her boyfriend just after I came out to them. Really I wished I kept them and the pair of sandals she gave me.

Culling can be cruel.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:00 pm

Well Marie it can be cruel and was very hard to do, but I nearly filled a whole sack and took it to a charity shop and now there is a little swish in my 'drobes. I went through the packs of lingerie after mentioning them and there is quite a lot more than I thought, still packed and unopen. But I put on some of the stuff I already opened and took a few shots...… my male body still holds on to some of it's traits, but overall it's feminine enough, I can't see myself getting much lighter, I'm 8 stone 8 pounds right now, that is up a little but even losing 2 pounds don't make much difference overall. Anyway I put the pics on the Galleria...

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:21 pm

8 stone 8. Next time I weigh that much I'll be dead a few months. But then again I had a tummy at 10,4, 144 pounds, and wouldn't go swimming because I felt fat. I was 29. I am borderline eating disorder

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum