Champions League Final

Go down

Champions League Final Empty Champions League Final

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi Everyone!!!!

So tonight it's the biggest club game in football and two teams from the UK are in the final, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspurs. Well, I like Liverpool best of the two and I hope they win, but I hope it's a really exciting game!!!! I only watch the second half of games and will tune in about 9, coz they are too long for me otherwise and I get bored. But I am excited about this one and I hope it's still close when I do.

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Champions League Final Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final Empty Re: Champions League Final

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:10 pm

I might watch some of the match tonight. Probably supporting Liverpool. I'd say the pubs in town tonight will be packed to the rafters with fans mostly Liverpool I imagine. Liverpool have a lot of fans in Ireland. I saw some lads earlier out in a garden decked out in red, posing for photos. One was on the roof. Students I imagine. So there's great excitement.

But I'm having a nice time watching the horse racing on ITV because today is Derby day. The greatest flat race in the world. I'm enjoying the fashion too. The Queen is well turned out as usual wearing royal light blue.

As for the winner of the big race. I've no idea but the great Irish trainer Aiden O'Brien has seven horses entered hoping to win it for the seventh time.

A great sporting day.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:06 pm

Hi Marie!!!

I worked for the htb, the totalisator in my early years, travelling to many places and Derby day, on a Wednesday back then, was one of the real bizzy-wizzy ones. Royal Ascot was another like that, the days went real quick when busy. Beat a wet, windy day at Wincanton or some other outta the way place. I don't like racing much, sorry, so don't take any interest in it. But those days were a scream, then I grew up and got a proper job!

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:41 pm

Oh really, the totalisor. I remember that. To be fair I only got into racing after my Dad died. He was a real punter, studied the form and all that. He paid for the honeymoon with a win on the horses. Flew to the Isle of Man in an Aer Lingus Viscount which in 1959 was something special. So I flew before I was born.
You see she was three months pregnant with me at the time. I only found out much later by accident when me and my sister wondered why our parents weren't interested in celebrating their anniversary.

I think my Father resented his loss of freedom and took it out on me. But not on the other five kids. Who he either loved or ignored.

Anyway I did read once that when a Mother is under stress in early pregnancy it can result in gay or whatever. Clearly my Mother was under stress when pregnant with me. This was 1950s Ireland.
But my Dad did the right thing, besides he was dating my Mother for years.

He just effed me up.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:40 pm

Boring! I have watched more entertaining <12 matches.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:17 pm

Yes, the second half at least saw only Tottenham Hotspurs waste many chances and Liverpool ride their luck. But! I am very happy for Liverpool, they have played such exciting football this year that I believe they deserved this.

The only good moment was Origa's goal.... Tottenham only have themselves to blame, so many chances and zero executed.

Now I know Miki likes Tottenham, so sorry honey, but that's football. But in truth that was the most boring football I have seen for quite a while.

Now bring on the Women's World Cup and I have not placed the first bet I will have made for many years, that is for Norway to win!!!! I can get 25/1 and that is superb odds!!!!!

Japan and Germany have weakened in recent times. Only the USA or England, (New Zealand 'warm-up' result aside!), are stronger I think, so 25/1 Norway is a steal!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:23 pm

Go US Womens' Futbol.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum