The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming out to my Dr.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Coming out to my Dr.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Coming out to my Dr.

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:22 pm

Yay!!!!!!!!

Coming out to my Dr.  - Page 2 Hug

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coming out to my Dr.  - Page 2 Mtm  Coming out to my Dr.  - Page 2 Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Coming out to my Dr.  - Page 2 Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

MyNicky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:17 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi Miki and My Nicky,

Stuff Babysteps! Full frickin' steam ahead! I've heard the babysteps thing a few times.... Sorry I don't swear... NO! Do everything that you can as soon as is possible, within medical guidelines!

I was looking forward to my rhinoplasty and am simply gagging for it now. I am missing laser too, I am as pissed off about Covid sodding 19 as anyone, but keep on keeping on and don't take baby steps take the steps, strides, leaps and then bounds of a confident woman and head held high.... nose up!!!!!!!

Celia xx
I must always remember to be patient, but in this regard baby steps isn't cutting the mustard for me! I should have gone for this 20, or at least 10 years ago by now.
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  MyNicky Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:32 am

I try not to be remorseful of time lost. It's no easier now than what it would have been all those years ago.
But now I'm 6 months on HRT at 36 and I still suffer all the same anxiety about coming out. The stupid thing is for me, it seems I only have the energy to run and leap when it seems the world is falling down around me but when life is peaceful I find myself withdrawn and back to toddling through my transition wondering if anyone around me even cares
MyNicky
MyNicky

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:58 pm

Hi Nicky,

Coming out... you will find, if you choose to, that few will be surprised. You have begun a path and whilst some, the few, kinda 'blind' people will not have noticed, most will have already speculated or know. As to making any announcement, it is not mandatory!

A few words further on the baby steps thing, not for you specifically Nicky, but for other transgender women, for I did not give any clarity on how to approach beginnings and intermediate steps.

I have seen transgender women in everyday situations simply asking to be noticed and ridiculed, it is their choice, or perhaps they feel they have to go out full blown over the top. Stating the obvious you will not be surprised how most, if not all, people would not even look twice at you if you dress sensibly and perhaps more importantly, dress your age. I see few women of my age wearing bright colours, or dress leaving little to the imagination in everyday places and situations.

Make it gradual in that respect, for when I was saying don't do babysteps, I was referring to process, not how to be viewed in public. for example, (stating the obvious again), I did not mean go out in a super short mini skirt, heels and bright pink low cut top! That would get very close attention whoever you may be!

Little tweaks, style and blending in is way to go and it goes a long way. If you were to start by aiming at gender neutral, without garish colours, there's no chance of being picked, for there is nothing to unpick. You probably all know or realise all this anyway, but it may help someone out there....

Again, probably teaching egg sucking to everyone, but colours, there are exceptions, a t-shirt can be worn in any colour for example, but pink trainers might gain attention. Jeans are fine in most colours, for another example, red, blue, white, green, black, but for example, a bright yellow pair or a pair of any colour with embroidered flowers and diamantes dripping down the sides is best left for the teenagers to wear. There's many examples such and it goes with jewellery too, I always wear a chunky bracelet, but I never wear bright super sparkly or bright coloured ones. It's the same with my necklaces and rings. Little or no make up, tidy hair, it's a good way to go to not draw attention and you will gain more and more confidence going out so, you will find people will not look twice, unless they take a liking of you course.....

So I hope that helps anyone out there.

Anyway, back to you Nicky, I hope you are well, it's nice to hear from you again and is it 6 months, gosh time flies!!!

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coming out to my Dr.  - Page 2 Mtm  Coming out to my Dr.  - Page 2 Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Coming out to my Dr.  - Page 2 Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Kidagakash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:52 am

I like reading posts like this. Collective experience improves peoples quality of life

=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  MyNicky Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:23 pm

I know I don't check in as often as I should, shame on me! 😉
You were talking about bright colors and such but my get-up is rarely fancier than plain old track pants and t shirt lol. I dyed my sneakers purple to add a little splash of colour but beyond that my expression has always been my hair. It's been through quite a few colours over the last few years and a lot of bleach! But I've settled on my current copper-orange colour which I have been rocking for almost a year now!
Transition is hard and it is a conversation I don't even know how to have with those closest to me.
I'm at that "You're getting fat" stage of HRT where the chages are noticable but not obvious. I like where I'm at but I fear judgement for my choice to begin HRT, even though I feel so much better about myself because of it. Damn life is complicated!
I don't know what I would do without our little corner of the internet right here.
MyNicky
MyNicky

Kidagakash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:13 am

Umemployed during a pandemic really leaves me a lot of time to think about these things. Too much time. Thats why I come here. I realized reading back on this that you and I are about the same age and the same stage of whatnots. You are a few months ahead of me on hormones. I totally know what you mean by getting fat. I noticed the other day that my thighs look and feel huge! I haven't gained weight but im sure ive been trading muscle for fat which is just fine! Im happy to notice the muscles at the bottom of my neck are much less prominent which was driving me nuts before. Hope you are doing well with everything!

=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

MyNicky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum