Donald and Boris

Go down

Donald and Boris Empty Donald and Boris

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:45 pm

Just wondering. When on a hustings, are they gonna have to reinforce the stage????!!!! Only joking, but soon two rather large blonde haired men will be in charge of the USA and UK. They say that the UK is always on the American's tail with many things, but having Boris as leader will be a mirror image too far!!! I like Boris coz he is funny and keeps things lively, but he realy should be careful with things like the row with his gf and some of the stuff he says....

So it looks like a shoe in now, most Tories have voted and Boris will be the new PM, whatever they might say now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Donald and Boris Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Donald and Boris Empty Re: Donald and Boris

Post  mariehart1 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:00 am

As you asked o the other thread I decided to reply here more appropriately. 
I think Boris is no doubt a charming amiable character albeit prone to over blown rhetoric and fantasy. A great dinner companion.
Not a prime minister. 

As a journalist he was the source of much of the anti EU false news we all think was true. From straight bananas right through to his kipper gaffe. He simply makes things up on the spur of the moment. He doesn't think of them as lies. Some he actually believes. He and others like him are the source of much of the ill informed anti EU sentiment that led to Brexit. 

If you want to read a proper deconstruction of his character search for Max Hastings on Boris Johnson. 

His strategy right now, one so transparently obvious is to bluster around the country making promises he can't keep and avoiding where the money will come from. Meanwhile he makes demands of the EU he knows they can't deliver while preparing for a hard Brexit as a threat to the EU knowing he can't deliver that either because Parliament won't allow it. He'll then blame the EU for being unreasonable and parliament for blocking Brexit. 

He'll go for a general election hoping to get a majority. Whether that happens or not is another matter. Or he could prorogue parliament and exit without a deal.

As the leader of the SNP in the commons said He could be the last prime minister of the United Kingdom. 

So yes I think his reign will be disastrous but short. But you have to worry about what comes next. Because he's surrounded himself with a right wing cabal in an attempt to outfarage Farage.

Priti Patel the new Home Secretary said last year that the British should use food shortages in Ireland as leverage in Brexit negotiations. A breathtakingly cynical comment. She's a piece of work. The cabinet is full of people like that who no doubt find inspiration from carrot head in the Whitehouse. Watch for a roll back of LGBT rights. 

Johnson may not be the worst. Worse may be to come.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi Marie,

I don't disagree with most of what you say. Coz tbh, people don't know what to expect, except the unexpected with Boris..... I have to agree particularly with how likeable he is, but as PM? Maybe not, I hope to be proven wrong.

But the Brexit thing has gone on to long, nothing should be happening after October 31st except  rebuilding relationships within and without the UK and EU. Left or stayed, I don't care anymore. As for tightening up on crime, that has to be done, so I hope the extra 20,000 police happens and Pritti? Well, she is very silly with the Ireland quote, for it is an outrageous thing to have said. The only grace is that she means to get tough on crime and that is good. We will see.

But, until Labour shakes off the far left hat it is wearing right now and installs a middle of the road candidate, I'd be just as wary of them regarding LGBT rights, especially ours, they are riddled with TERFS.

I would like things to settle down and reverse twenty or thirty years with things here, so we have an ordinary choice in the ballot box, not far left or far right and that's it..... (esp. with the Liberals and Greens lurching left), there is no inbetween MOTR choice anymore, how sad.

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Donald and Boris Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara on Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:07 pm

He got thoroughly booed (and worse) by the Scots on his arrival at Holyrood, and Ms Sturgeon had little good to say about him. Yes, he could be the last PM of the UK, depending on how much of a hash he makes of things, and how upset the Scots and Northern Irish become. But the kingdom has survived worse.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:20 pm

Agreed about the Labour Party thanks to Corbyn it's nearly unelectable.
Watch out for lots of big announcements and promises in the next few weeks. Dominic Cummins is in place to repeat his Brexit campaign. Only this time it's for a general election. Expect Boris and minions to roll out grand new schemes and promises. Expect Churchillian speeches from Bojo. Expect relentless anti EU rhetoric and planted stories. All geared for a snap election in the hope it gives a majority to ignore the Unionists. 
Time will tell.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara on Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:38 pm

mariehart1 wrote:Expect Churchillian speeches from Bojo.
Bojo. I like it. Almost like Bozo, another clown.

mariehart1 wrote:Expect relentless anti EU rhetoric and planted stories. All geared for a snap election in the hope it gives a majority to ignore the Unionists. 
Expect interference from Russia and others who would like to weaken or destroy the EU.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum