74 days until it's cold again

Go down

74 days until it's cold again Empty 74 days until it's cold again

Post  Lesley Niyori on Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:26 pm

Some of us don't lament the first day of October.

It's nicer looking out, the cold arrives, the bugs disappear.

Wish we still had as much snow as when I was a kid though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

74 days until it's cold again Empty Re: 74 days until it's cold again

Post  mariehart1 on Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:17 pm

I suppose Canadians are people who are adapted to the cold. One of my sons enjoys the cold and doesn't seem to feel it. He'll probably end up in Canada.
Here the main difference between summer and winter is that the rain is warmer in summer!
It's all very well you wishing for more snow. Here the country comes to a standstill. We just can't cope.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:49 pm

mariehart1 wrote:... One of my sons enjoys the cold and doesn't seem to feel it. He'll probably end up in Canada.

I have a nephew who was born and raised in Northern California, found a Canadian bride and bought a house in Hamilton (a suburb of Toronto).

He also taught English in Korea for a while so I guess that is how he got used to the cold.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:08 pm

Hi Lesley, Marie and Miki!

Well, here it has been my perfect temperature the last few days, about 70! I don't like hot much and can take the cold a little but don't like the freezicals!

But why people like really hot weather beats me!? Bugs, wasps, sunburn means horrid sticky suncream woes, car hot hot, sweaty people around and everything goes off quickly and fridges and freezers have to labour to keep ya stuff cool!

I like Spring and Autumn bestest!

Celia xx

74 days until it's cold again Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xfortran on Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:14 am

Yes but that wonderful heat keeps people away. I grew up in southern California (east of San Diego and west of the Salton Sea) and I miss it every winter... I would rather have the hot summers and flash floods then freezing cold and snow/ice that I get here in Michigan.

xfortran

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:06 pm

xfortran wrote:Yes but that wonderful heat keeps people away.  I grew up in southern California (east of San Diego and west of the Salton Sea) and I miss it every winter... I would rather have the hot summers and flash floods then freezing cold and snow/ice that I get here in Michigan.

As we used to say when I was stationed at Minot (ND) AFB - "Why not Minot? Forty below keeps the riff-raff out."
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:36 pm

Update OMG! only 70 days until cold Smile

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:39 am

Elizabeth Lynn wrote:As we used to say when I was stationed at Minot (ND) AFB - "Why not Minot?  Forty below keeps the riff-raff out."
Minot AFB was/is a Strategic Command base meaning they keep B-52s out there ready to drop an H-Bomb somewhere. (Keep the damn launch codes hidden away from Trump - PLEASE!)

One of my good friends in high school spent the better part of the Vietnam War at Minot. He was a plane captain for B-52s. (A plane captain is in charge of making sure to plane is able to fly. He is not the pilot.)

The B-52s are kept away from the main base facilities. So, on a hot Summer day in North Dakota, it might be 80-90 ambient and 110-120 inside the plane.

Conversely, on a very cold Winter day, it would be VERY cold. He lost parts of his finger, ears and nose to the frostbite everyone on the flight line had to endure. Fortunately for my friend, the missing pieces are not very disfiguring.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:56 pm

So I was reading in the paper that today is probably the last day of summery type weather here, (which 'aint much good to me, I've been sleepybyes coz I'm in between nights), coz it's going to be cooler and rainy for the next few months...… well if that's true that takes us to freezical times! I will have to seek out my hotty-botties and try the heating out soon to make sure it's not conked out!

I do like the seasons, seeing the leaves turn, to lovely shades of yellows, reds and browns. Then winter can be nice too, frosticalled trees all whitenened in the mornings and of course snow if we get it blanketeting everything! Spring is great and the long summer nights.....

I don't like the extremes though, too hot is horrid, all sticky and bugs everywhere, getting hot and putting sticky suncream on and cold, well getting all frosticated and blue! But life is great and the seasons are a wonder!!!!

Celia xx

74 days until it's cold again Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down