Rugby World Cup!!!!!!

Go down

Rugby World Cup!!!!!! Empty Rugby World Cup!!!!!!

Post  Celia Eriksson on Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:46 am

Hi Everyone!!!!

So, it's the Rugby World Cup and I've been watching some of the games, not many yet because it is the big guns against the tiddlers at the moment and they are a bit one sided. I'm watching Canada against New Zealand right now and the All Blacks are running riot over the Canadians.

I like watching rugby, (what's not to like? Very Happy …... Embarassed ), it's not my most favouritical sport, but it is exciting and there have been some surprises like Japan winning the other day against Ireland. It''s being held in Japan which will give a big boost for the sport in Japan.

New Zealand are the favourites to win, as always, but there are teams capable of beating them in the later stages. England, Australia, Wales, France and Ireland could and South Africa beat them in another tournament this year..

I shall try to watch England and hope they win or Wales, but I shall watch the games as it gets to the final part of it, without getting too distracted..... My superbical, mystic prediction is for New Zealand to beat England in the final!

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rugby World Cup!!!!!! Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup!!!!!! Empty Re: Rugby World Cup!!!!!!

Post  Tara on Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:01 pm

'favouritical' is my new favouritcal word. Very Happy

Here in the States I am watching baseball playoffs. Rugby comes later, when the games are better matches, and perhaps after watching all the Aussie rules games I've recorded. All three of those games are better than American football, AKA gridiron, IMO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi Tara!!!

Baseball is a game I like too, I watched a couple of games in Japan long ago, it was the Yakult Swallows as I remember, I think.... anyway there were quite a few Americans playing and it was very exciting. I liked it lots!

I also find American football not my cup of tea, it's a little too compact, not enough freedom of play and too much body armour. Now Aussie Rules! So free, so much movement on a huge pitch! I watch it too sometimes and of course just as eye catching as Rugby with the guys in those flimsy vests..... oh dear.... Rolling Eyes

I also, am as I said waiting for the bigger matches to come, that'll start in the last 8 knock-out part of the competition.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:11 pm

Tara wrote:'favouritical' is my new favouritcal word.
Celia is a consultant on the OED board charged with coming up with new words for inclusion in this monolithic dictionary.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:59 pm

Oh Miki, I use my wordicals in rela life too!

Anyway, I watched two great games today, I watched England and Argentina this morning and England won quite easily, which is a surprise, coz Argentina are quite good. Then I taped Japan and Samoa, coz I took my Mother out shopping.... we bought tons of stuff! Japan were amazing, a few years ago, I would have expected Samoa to win easy, but this Japanese team are very good! They won, though it was nor over until minutes from the end, Samoa were strong...

Next weekend sees England play France, that will be quite a test!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down