Quiet isn't it?

Go down

Quiet isn't it?  Empty Quiet isn't it?

Post  mariehart1 on Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:58 pm

Not much happening here right now.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Quiet isn't it?  Empty Re: Quiet isn't it?

Post  MichaelaSJ on Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:43 am

Quiet isn't it?  Depositphotos_60433649-stock-illustration-comics-word-bang

Maybe this will wake the gang up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth on Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:27 am

We like it when the Badger is quiet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Eagles may soar, but badgers don't get sucked through jet engines."
I put the "boing" in Boeing.
Quiet isn't it?  DAL1713
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:11 pm

I am managing, not sure how, but lots of friends have sure helped.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn on Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:08 pm

I’ve been otherwise occupied. My wife has weathered several crises. Two GI bleeds, the last one two weeks ago nearly killed her. Required 4 units of packed red blood cells to recover. She finished her second course of chemo this past Monday and last night had a feeding tube placed through her abdominal wall directly into her stomach. She tried valiantly to eat enough, but wasn’t able to keep up with her needs.

Today she will once again go to a rehab center for continued strength development and therapy to regain function of her left leg.

She is improving, still gets confused late in the day but her mental clarity is so much better now that she doesn’t require pain meds and sedation as frequently.

My daughter, son and myself take turns staying with her 24/7. This past week we’ve has the pleasure of a dear friend from USAF days, also a nurse, be here to stay with her, so that’s allowed is a few more nights sleep at home.

Cancer sucks.

Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:10 pm

As rough as my day sometimes feels, I have it fairly GOOD and I try to never forget that.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:12 pm

Indeed Lesley, there's always someone worse off. My worries don't amount to 'a hill of beans' as Bogie would say. 
Worrying about my oldest son getting into a good (high) school. Rejected by two already and probably won't get into his preferred school where all his friends are going.
Worrying about moving house soon. Worrying about whether I should accept an invitation to go to Africa for a week and go Bush flying, see Victoria Falls, drink cold beers in a hot climate.  Question

He will find a school, we'll find a house and I'll probably have a week to remember zooming around the African Bush. More distractions than anything else. 

I should count my blessings. But my blessings keep me busy and away from the forum.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:50 pm

I went to a barber (not a stylist) yesterday and had the remaining hair on my head chopped off. Hopefully, it will start regrowing soon as I will not buy a wig.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:47 am

Hi Everyone!!!

Yes it has been. I have had many moments in the depths of despair recently! It always happens, I get really happy about stuff, flying high in the happy fantastical fanciness of hope... and then..... wham! Life hits me back.

First thing was I pulled a muscly in my thumb.... well a tendon thingy or something. I have to wear a wristy thing that goes across my wrist until it feels right for 6 weeks! I was doing washing up, a mixing bowl that was filling with water, holding it between finger and thumb and I felt it go... who'd have thought ya can injure yourself doing the washing up!!!!! Luckily it's my left hand, or I'd be truly ……

Then Helga, my Helga.... her Brake Servo..... [U.S. : Brake Booster].., went, and coz it's old they have to wait for the part! I have a Volvo curtesy car that is no match for my dear Helga and I am missing her, it's been 3 days!!! And of course the cost will hamper my rhinoplasty fund!!!

Anyway, glad to see ya all here! I love the 'bang!' Miki!!!!! Oh and wigs are not all that bad, but I know you had beautiful hair. I am sure soon it will return in all it's glory. For I have always been jealous of it.

Elizabeth has problems way beyond mine and I apologise for my stupid ranting Liz, you must, quite rightly, think me most selfish for going on about my stupid problems. May you allow me, a internet friend, wish her a speedy recovery and hope she is well soon. God Bless. Celia xx.

Quiet isn't it?  Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynAH on Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:06 am

Got the last of my meds I think before my health insurance ends. Though I should check on my progesterone prescription which I thought was going to auto refill.

I will be officially unemployed in I think four days.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  xfortran on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:58 am

Well it sounds like a number of us aren't getting out of the year unscathed in one fashion or another.

I hope it all starts improving for everyone.

xfortran

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:48 am

Yes Celia washing up is highly dangerous Very Happy. A while ago I managed to rip my hand on the dishwasher. Housework = Danger! 

In more dangerous news. I committed to go to Zimbabwe the week after next. So I could be savaged by lions, trampled by elephants,  eaten by crocodiles or bitten by a snake. Or caught up in the politicial situation. But most likely die in a smoking hole in my friend's plane somewhere on the African plains. He's not a great pilot. 

Well I'm sixty next month sigh! Maybe go out in a blaze (literally) of glory. 

Well there's worse things that can happen.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi Marie!

Zimbabwe, wow that is so excitingly exotical! I think you are very lucky to go there! I'd love to see all those animals in the wild, the Elephant is a real favourite, especially seeing the young ones bowling along trying to keep up with Mum! Have a great time, keep safe and report all!!!!

Celia xx

Quiet isn't it?  Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:49 am

mariehart1 wrote:He's not a great pilot. 
Hmmm, sub-Saharan Africa with loose quality control especially in airplanes and a pilot with questionable skills - ARE YOU EFFING CRAZY??????????

Well, enjoy your trip. Smile

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:13 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:
mariehart1 wrote:He's not a great pilot. 
Hmmm, sub-Saharan Africa with loose quality control especially in airplanes and a pilot with questionable skills - ARE YOU EFFING CRAZY?????????
Yes I am EFFING CRAZY.

Last edited by mariehart1 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:07 am

mariehart1 wrote:I think my friend wants me there because he feels his skills are lacking and he wants a very anal pilot like me to keep him alive.
Yes I am EFFING CRAZY. 
About 13 years ago I worked for/with a friend, Bill, who had an SR-22 that he used for work related commuting. A beautiful plane and I flew with him often, sometimes twice a week. Bill was an anal pilot and I felt totally safe with Bill. But, there was a time when we flew into Palm Springs, CA airport with 50kt cross winds. It took us three attempts to land - we could have flown west into the Los Angeles area to wait out the winds (locally known as the Santa Ana' winds), but we were running late. So much for being anal about flying.

If you do head off to Africa - please be safe!

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynAH on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:42 pm

And here I thought I was crazy at 49 going to a bunch of EDM bands throwing a concert which amounted to a giant rave at one of the stadiums here with my girlfriend. I was hugged and complimented all night mostly by other queer cis women. I have literally gone to LGBTQ events and venues and been almost ignored. Here in a bejeweled bra, sleeveless sequined cover jacket, sequined panel skirt and fishnets I got more positive attention from women than I ever have. Oh and I danced for hours. So effing strange.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:27 pm

I was going to do something about cancelling. But I'm going it seems. 

I called my mate. He has a plan

I'm committed now. 

Great fun I think.

Last edited by mariehart1 on Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:20 am

mariehart1 wrote:Great fun I think.
Please return safely to regale us with your safe, sane, fun outing.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum