Where are you all?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where are you all? Empty Where are you all?

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:39 pm

Where are you all? Cartoonme201

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where are you all? Mtm
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Where are you all? Empty Re: Where are you all?

Post  Kaibeth on Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:20 am

I lurk in the shadows with nothing interesting to say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Eagles may soar, but badgers don't get sucked through jet engines."
I put the "boing" in Boeing.
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara on Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:00 pm

Hiding in my bed from everything.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:01 pm

I am here (obviously) but not too much to comment on lately.

From the armchair writing about the New Hampshire Primary:

Bernie Sanders is piling up his bombs to throw, Pete Buttigieg is gaining and Amy Klobuchar is in the running.

Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren will give up after bad showings in Nevada and South Carolina and Mike Bloomberg will continue to spend, spend, spend and frankly may end up with the nomination (not a bad thing).

Michael Bennet has dropped out and this is sad for me as he had good ideas and a great presence. Andrew Yang also dropped out so you won't be getting a $1,000/month.

Tulsi Gabbard is still around and hardly anyone can figure out why! (9,600 votes last night.)

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:26 pm

Spent a couple of weeks between dsl and cable internet.

I now have cable, and I am back.

And I have a migraine. So I will be quiet for a day or so.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:39 pm

Good to hear girls!

Miki, I truly hope Sanders does not win it, that would be a disastier for the Democrats! Americans simply 'aint that far left!!!!

I think Amy looks an OK candidate actually, and perhaps Bloomberg would have quite a good 'back up' for a perhaps successful campaign.

Buttigieg is my favourite, it would be brilliant news for all if he were President, but I think he just lacks something and of course many bigots will trash him...

Not so bad after all, excepting the big fat Sanders fly in the ointment!!!!!

Celia xx

Where are you all? Mtm
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 pm

I'm not thrilled with Bloomberg. He strikes me as slightly more polished than Trump in his billionaire self-obsession. Still, if it were a match-up of those two, I'd hold my nose and vote for Bloomie. Truly, there is not a single Democrat wannabee that I wouldn't choose over The Donald.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:11 pm

I am not enthralled with Mike Bloomberg but he has the pocketbook and stones to go after Trump. He has a personal dislike for Trump that is truly evident in his campaign. He has also pledged his wealth, assuming he misses the nomination, to defeat Trump.

Sanders is a bomb thrower and must not be the candidate. Biden has lost his luster and Warren is simply not POTUS quality (stay in the Senate).

Klobuchar is a viable candidate and can go head to head with Trump. Buttigieg - not this time!

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:01 am

Wow Miki,

I could not have put that better! Do ya know, I reckon the dethroning can be done!!!! (Save the silly Sanders suckers!!!). Where do we (oh, sorry, you US Dems), go next!!!!????

Celia xx

Where are you all? Mtm
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:42 am

The U.S. has three sections of Federal government (four if you count the agencies formed by statute): the Legislative; the Executive; and the Judiciary.

Our constitution reserved a couple of things to the Legislative: The budget and taxation, going to war and to approve treaties with other nations.

As important as these powers are, the Legislative is ceding its authority to the Executive - and the Executive is not going to give any of its given power back anytime soon. It is not simply Trump thinking he is above the law - he is being allowed to be above the law by a corrupted Senate. And, it is not only Trump who has bastardized the Constitution with the implicit consent of the Legislative. Every POTUS has assumed some power from the Legislative and has not given that power back.

So, and I consider this as important, if not more so, than healthcare, or guns or much of anything else is to get the Legislative to take back and assume it powers and responsibilities.

Trump has, willy nilly, modified treaties and imposed tariffs without consulting the Legislative. Presidents since Eisenhower have put our military in harms way and at times draining our treasure without consulting the Legislative. Trump has, in total and in the face violated existing law by redirecting funds to his border wall and also withholding funds to the Ukraine.

I want a POTUS candidate to start talking about giving back those powers taken from the Legislative. I can understand that the Legislative does not want to be responsible for going to war, but if the Legislative were to take back this responsibility then maybe we wouldn't be stuck for almost 20 years fighting amorphous enemies.

Maybe, if the Legislative were to take back its ability to consent to treaties and their modifications we wouldn't have a Trump placing punitive tariffs on countries like China and Canada.

Let's do a reset of the Constitution. Let's get a candidate for the POTUS who is willing to relinquish some of the power taken from the Legislative. Has anyone seen this candidate - anyone?

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:49 am

I like Bernie, if it only took a snap of my fingers, he'd be president.

But it doesn't work that way.

I've yet to see a candidate worth mention. It's basically why the US has that fucking piece of shit in now because the Dems couldn't find anyone worthwhile to save their lives.

The US deserves Trump. 40% won't vote at all, and half of the voters actually wanted the piece of shit for president. Which means 40% not interested in voting, and 30% wanting Trump = you deserve whatever he does to the country.

Just fucking glad it's not my country and not my problem.

What's shocking, is the PM in England is just Trump with a British accent. How my dad's country got to where they is mystifies me.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:19 am

Been a bit preoccupied. My wife came home Jan 20 for home care and therapies. She's doing well and actually gaining weight I think.

The chemo she was receiving didn't work. The cancer is too aggressive and hard to kill. So, she's been accepted into a clinical trial of a different type of treatment using her own, genetically modified T Lymphocystes (a type of white cell we all have).

The site we are working with is LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City. We just returned tonight from there. Yesterday she had an appointment with the principle investigator, then had a triple lumen central IV catheter placed, then underwent 2 hours of apheresis to collect her T lymphocytes. Those will be sent to a lab, where they will be genetically modified to recognize a specific surface antigen on the cancer cells, then grown to increase the number of cells.

In about 4 weeks we'll return to SLC where they will first give her chemotherapy to reduce the number of white cells in her blood so that when they infuse the modified cells they are the predominant white cells circulating. Then we watch and wait. Watch for side effects - there are several that are quite serious and they are set up with a specific ICU and skilled staff to manage the most serious effects. We wait and at a certain point after the infusion - about 4 weeks, they will image her with a PET scan to see if there is any cancer surviving. So far, about 94% of people in this study have shown significant response and about 80% show no further sign of cancer at 4 weeks.

And last week my only remaining brother passed away after a long history of MS, diabetes and mental health issues caused by the MS. A kind, gentle man who loved to do things for other people, and loved making cookies. His cookies were known all over our home town as the best. I will miss him immensely, but am happy he no longer suffers from his illness.

~ Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:40 am

Hi Liz,

May I be as bold, as for being far across the waves, to sincerely wish your wife a full recovery with her new treatment.

Celia xx

Where are you all? Mtm
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_Pizza on Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:28 pm

I've spent the last month on Amazon.

Don't search tights or Mary Jane. Just don't.
Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth on Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:06 am

I want Michaela to be president.

*slinks back into my sett*

"Eagles may soar, but badgers don't get sucked through jet engines."
I put the "boing" in Boeing.
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:56 am

Miki (aka Michaela) raises her hand and says she'll do it!
Lesley Niyori wrote:The US deserves Trump.
I absolutely disagree - no country deserves a Trump or a Trump like clown.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:16 am

I cannot imagine the strain you and your wife are under.
Elizabeth Lynn wrote:Been a bit preoccupied.  My wife came home Jan 20 for home care and therapies.  She's doing well and actually gaining weight I think.
That is good. I am 5+ months out of the hospital and have only gained #10.
Elizabeth Lynn wrote:So, she's been accepted into a clinical trial of a different type of treatment using her own, genetically modified T Lymphocystes (a type of white cell we all have).
Is this the treatment where they introduce a modified virus that changes the patients DNA. I have seen TV articles regarding this type of cancer treatment where an HIV virus modifies the patient's white cells and is then reintroduced into the patient with the excellent results you have reported.

Here's hoping for goodness to happen!
Elizabeth Lynn wrote:And last week my only remaining brother passed away after a long history of MS, diabetes and mental health issues caused by the MS.  A kind, gentle man who loved to do things for other people, and loved making cookies.  His cookies were known all over our home town as the best.  I will miss him immensely, but am happy he no longer suffers from his illness.
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Brother. You have a lot going in your life and I wish we could take some of the burden off of you. At least we are here to listen and hope.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn on Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:18 am

MichaelaSJ wrote:Is this the treatment where they introduce a modified virus that changes the patients DNA. I have seen TV articles regarding this type of cancer treatment where an HIV virus modifies the patient's white cells and is then reintroduced into the patient with the excellent results you have reported.

Pretty much, though the genetic changes are only to the T-Lymphocytes and not the patient's genome. The changes sensitize the T Lymphocytes to recognize and attack B cells, both normal and cancerous and destroy them. They do this by recognizing a protein called CD19 which is an antigen on the surface of B cells. The response rate is high - in the high 90% range, but there is insufficient data to know what the long term - 3 and 5 year survival rate is.

There is an FDA approved commercial product using this approach, but Lynn isn't a candidate for that product because it requires the patient fail two different types of chemotherapy before being eligible for the commercial product. the study she is taking part in is specifically to evaluate this product as a second line treatment for her type of cancer, thereby reducing the time of treatment by not requiring administration of an additional therapeutic which prolongs the time the cancer is active and increases risk of additional agents to the patient

~ Liz.

Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:54 am

The strongest best wishes on a speedy full recovery for your wife Liz, lost several relatives and friends to cancer myself, it is a illness I have a particular hatred of.

As for me, I've been busy getting totally exhausted building 21' tall concrete apartment foundation walls, and fearing the next job-site where a drastic speed increase and load carrying capacity increase are expected, the current one took 9 moths, the next is 7 foundations at only 4' tall and is expected to be completed in 4 days flat each (12-16 hour shifts).affraid

as a result i'm frantically searching for better less demanding work that pays as well or better.... bounce
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  MyNicky on Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:30 pm

I'm still floating around and about....I don't pop in and say 'hello' as often as I should, I know.
MyNicky
MyNicky

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:10 pm

now i'm off work for a bit over a week with a back injury.....
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  tiffany_elizabeth on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:06 am

I come here when I can get here, which has been impossible lately. I use a different password for every site and often have to use the reset password link on everything from this site to reddit to my email accounts because I have trouble remembering which password goes with which site, and I won't write down site names on the password list because my brother tends to get a bit nosy when he's troubleshooting my system.

Until last night I'd hit the link, type in my user name and email address, and it would say there's no record. Not sure why, because I can go right into my email account and pull the confirmation email up from when I signed up.

Anyway, the last time I tried to sign in I hit the attempt cap, got locked out, went to bed, and decided to forget it. Last night the lost password link finally worked, so here I am.

tiffany_elizabeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:52 pm

Well, good to see ya here Tiffany,

I have a written list..... I am sure it's safe as I live alone, unless a burgalary type person wants to know my business, I am sure it's ok! One tip is to have the sitename initials, straight or backwards with a random, but signifiacant core of numbers and letters that you use afterwards, reversed or straight? Might work?

Celia xx

Where are you all? Mtm
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:39 pm

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - I have been in the hospital again (fours days bent over at home and three in the hospital). Same type of issue I had last June, but this time the problem self-resolved but not before a LOT OF MORPHINE.

I gotta change my diet - SIGH!

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:19 pm

Hi Miki!

I hope you are now ok, Morphine does do the trick, but please, no more than prescribed and I don't usually say anything about such things but I will this time... YES! EAT SENSIBLY, ADHERE TO ANY DIETARY ADVICE!!!!!!!

Hoping that now you are home resting and enjoying Sammy?, (your doggy), sweet Miki, by what you have written!

Celia xx

Where are you all? Mtm
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum