The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dystopian times....

Go down

Dystopian times.... Empty Dystopian times....

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:36 am

For it's a nightmare, is it not... believe me it is. It is terrible. It's not my official Covid-19 advice, I can't do that, it's just my own personal muses.

So, I went shopping today, to a very big supermarket, the closest of the super big ones, it's around seven miles in Weybridge. I am going once a week, inbetween my shifts and it was not too bad I could go at a special time but that is useless it would mean I have to stay up after shift for an hour to a couple of hours....

Anyway, everything was quick, everything was there, the cov-idiot hoarders have got what they want and I manged to get my stuff for another week...

Numbers have been down here, I hope it continues, admissions are down, deaths are down, but infected numbers are up.... maybe it's because we have started testing more. I could rant, but I won't about testing here and the problems.

Our Prime Minister, dear Boris Johnson is in ICU. I so hope that he pulls through, once in ICU, it's about 50/50 tbh. I so like the man and he can pull us out of this.

Please keep safe, do avoid those outside your family, don't meet anyone outside of your own household! Take a sanitiser with you everywhere. And when out, don't worry about plopping a smear upon your lips and nose.... dab a little there.... yes it will peel skin....

Keep rubbing it upon your hands until home again, your skin will peel after constant use, mine look totally unsexy, peeled rather like frayed rope atm using many pairs of gloves for 12 hours, but....

Remember your door handles that you re-entered your home with. keep a handwash type strong one in the car and do the handles wheel and buttons, not overly to marmalise the functions!

Just be overly, totally, careful out there, imagine everything outside your home is infected. I am certain this bloody varmit has made itself too strong and will run out of puff and disappear, it is only my opinion and I hope I am not wrong, but hey... who knows?

It is I say again my opinion and is no way medical advice.

Then we can celebrate, my God, we can all celebrate!!! That day will come, be sure to be there. God Bless...

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dystopian times.... Mtm  Dystopian times.... Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Dystopian times.... Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dystopian times.... Empty Re: Dystopian times....

Post  Lenneth on Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:14 am

PPE, Sanitizer, Disinfectants of any kind and Bog Roll (TP) are still unavailable here in the NW US, the panic buying has only slowed by about 40%, shipments to shops are shockingly lean.

(EG WalMart has only been getting 1 pallet of Toilet Paper per day when 3 truckloads was the norm pre-covid, that one pallet doesn't even survive the first 20 minutes of the senior citizen shopping hour)

Shops have now began limiting numbers allowed inside, the atmosphere is one of extreme stress and suspicion, most people (approx 97%) are very compliant to social distancing, but their are the small minority of idiots who will intentionally cough or sneeze directly at people, often saying things like (It's just a f**kin flu you goddamned wimps) Mad

many online shops are for whatever reason delaying order processing for up to 3 weeks to slow fast shipping by shopfront owners, my Pickup broke down again on friday (2x high pressure oil lines burst [5000PSI]) and I found I was unable to get the parts it needs anywhere but online, thankfully the seller is shipping it a bit quicker but still the local dealership being "Closed until further Notice" made it quite the task finding costly dealer only parts, I consider myself lucky I even found some to buy at this point.

Infection Numbers in my state are among the lowest in the nation so-far, hopefully it will stay that way, after a bit over a month off work with a back injury leading up to this, and political buffoons blocking stimulus payments over utter nonsense, I really cant afford to be off work for any length of time right now, I have no savings left and have a number of bills I am quite late on, the whole combination has thrown my plans to buy property to build a home on have been thrown into disarray at best.

Also it has made my attempts to find another job far less productive for reasons i am not yet certain of.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:18 am

Oh Lenneth,

I do hope you find that job! I feel for you honey. I think the USA are a good week or two behind us and we are a couple of weeks behind Europe. Our worst is to come and so is yours. Hopefully, as I have said before, this nasty thing has made itself to strong, that is too strong as it kills. That it has another weakness, that it can only exist so long... I hope I am right.

The toilet roll thing was over here... it was mostly the dregs, you know the kind, that bought it all up, not your normal level headed person. But who am I to judge, some folk round here suddenly believe that I am trash and I am likely to devour their children or something.... it's a new fear for some reason…. why not pick on the different type of person in hard times?

Where I was once accepted as the 'local trann y', (their description), and left alone, now I am the bearer of Covid-19 evil, even though they all stay indoors.. not, .. because of me. And I go out to work.... thankfully not all my neighbours are like that, some are very supportive, but not enough to make me feel secure!

I may just do what I have wanted to do for a while and buy a trailer to live further out in the sticks than here, this place that I am in is kinda Gypsy forest, sought of inbetween nowhere and somewhere... with too many, several hundred in a square mile and though you kinda have to drive as a near necessity, I'd like that to be you have to drive period for necessity and only those in the park know me.

Hoping your back injury betters itself. And hoping you find game employment soon sweetheart,

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dystopian times.... Mtm  Dystopian times.... Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Dystopian times.... Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tiffany_elizabeth on Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:22 am

I haven't really been impacted by this, but I haven't seen my dad in over two weeks. I saw my mother a little over a week ago when she came into the store where I work, and I spent most of the time for scolding her into going into the very place that caused me to be a high exposure risk during peak hours on one of the busiest days of the week.

Easter is also cancelled. I bought my own Cadbury eggs because it just doesn't seem like Easter without them, but I'll be staying home Sunday. My mom said "I wish you could come over for Easter, but I know you won't." Like I said, working in retail is a high exposure risk and both of my parents are elderly. I already told her it would be two weeks after the stay at home order is lifted, possibly longer, as I'm going to give it two weeks after the last new case reported in my state before I start going to church (once we start holding services again) and her house.

Our district manager stopped by and handed me two boxes of gloves about a week ago. To be honest there's no point in using them. If you don't change them after every customer you ring up then they're no more effective than just using hand sanitizer or running to the restroom to wash your hands on a regular basis. If you do change them after every customer then you go through the entire supply in half a shift, which leaves you up a creek the next day.

The most important thing is to keep this in perspective. If you keep watching the media they're going to put the numbers in panic inducing terms. For instance, in my state there were 76 new cases reported and the paper I got the numbers from was quick to point out that it's a 3% increase. You run the numbers, though, ~2300 cases divided by ~6.4 million residents and it's not even a tenth of a percent of the population that's infected. Yet the media is presenting the numbers as though this is an extinction level event. I don't think that's unique to my state, either.

That's not to diminish the severity of what's going on, but going all Chicken Little is just as harmful as just shrugging it off. The best way to get through this is with some common sense. Take measures to avoid it, but don't let the media's fear mongering panic you. There's a saying "never let a good crisis go to waste," and we're certainly seeing them adopt that as their mantra.

tiffany_elizabeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:28 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Oh Lenneth,

I do hope you find that job! I feel for you honey.

Thanks!.

Celia Eriksson wrote:
I may just do what I have wanted to do for a while and buy a trailer to live further out in the sticks than here, this place that I am in is kinda Gypsy forest, sought of inbetween nowhere and somewhere... with too many, several hundred in a square mile and though you kinda have to drive as a near necessity, I'd like that to be you have to drive period for necessity and only those in the park know me.

Ironically that is already how I live currently, although was out of necessity as my lease ended and my landlord decided to sell and not renew it, in an area with 300% occupancy and 4000+ moving there per month.

Celia Eriksson wrote:
Hoping your back injury betters itself. And hoping you find game employment soon sweetheart,

Celia xx

Back is mostly back to normal, but their is a strong underlying apprehension to potentially re-injuring it.

I would probably not have any issue finding work if their was a standardized application system and no nonsense being added in as their is now, as it is their is to much antiquated idiocy and political nonsense being involved in the process.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum