Electrolysis in modern times

Go down

Electrolysis in modern times Empty Electrolysis in modern times

Post  Michi on Mon May 18, 2020 4:14 am

Well, I start going back Wednesday. She's opening back up. She's wearing a mask and shield. Any thoughts?

Michi

Back to top Go down

Electrolysis in modern times Empty Re: Electrolysis in modern times

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon May 18, 2020 4:19 pm

Hi Michi,

I am not quite sure what to say. I have a laser man that I visit when is my want, but I will defer until this is over, (I do have a home laser, for now, not IPL, that has some effect).

Yes, I am still working, but I can control what I do and although it seems safe enough and quite possibly will be so, they will have contact with several other people. But if you feel confident, why not?

The other contact with clients is extra risk enough for me not to want dentistry, laser or any close on treatments or pampering until this thing is over. My next biggie is rhinoplasty and that will have to wait too now....

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Electrolysis in modern times Mtm  Electrolysis in modern times Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2                                                               
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara on Mon May 18, 2020 5:27 pm

I haven't been to my electrologist in months, first because I needed to save money toward the end of 2019, and now because of the whole covid situation. I'm sure she would wear a mask, as she has done so in the past when she had a cold, and she's very thorough with her cleaning. But obviously I'd be unable to wear one while she worked on my face, and while that wouldn't terrify me, it would definitely concern me.

I've been relying on plucking, supplementing with the occasional shave, and it's not bad. I find that I can go three or four days without visible whiskers, and without any beard shadow. I usually go more like two, because I can feel them even if I can't see them, and that drives me mad. So, I wait two days, pluck the obvious ones, and then shave.

I don't know if I'll go back once things settle down, as this seems to be working for me, and even progressing. At a quick estimate, I've spent about US$ 20,000 over ten years on electrology, so I'm happy to not spend more if I don't have to. On the other hand, if I ever decide to go ahead with bottom surgery, I will definitely go with electrology there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi on Mon May 18, 2020 6:40 pm

I haven't been since early March as well. I'm going in for a breast aug consult next week and have several embarrassing hairs; I doubt my chest will ever be completely clear. Madison was cancelling appointments but mine seems to be on. Also have a consult in Milwaukee next month as well  Maybe a local surgeon is better? IDK.

I did go to the dentist two 1.5 weeks ago. I had an appointment to bus down to Chicago for a SRS clearing but that was cancelled and probably a bad idea to bus down now. My local just does a little hair removal there in that area. I prefer not to think how much I've spent on electrolysis and it's for improvement so why not. I probably spent at least 10K on laser and it didn't work except for legs but I'm getting some hairs sprouting up after a couple of years since last laser session.

I did buy a face shield and bought her one too since she's a friend. 

I'm not sure if this will be over though. Surgery is scheduled for 2/3/21, that's stressful. Implants or rhinoplasty seems much safer.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun May 24, 2020 12:24 am

Hi Michi and Tara,

Actually out of any of the treatments, I would be saying dentistry is most likely the most dangerous.... not for us so much as the Dentist with saliva flying all about the place in a mist.

But secondly it's highly unlikely any rhinoplasty will be happening anytime soon. I want it now..... but I doubt the surgeon does, smashing bones, mucus flying, with a hammer, scalpel, stitches, but also a smaller shaving tool that causes a similar haar right where Covid is... No, I really don't think so.....

Anyway…. I was having two things with the laser studio at the time of L-L-L-Lockdown!!!, my knees, (yes my knees, the rest of my legs have fewer brown stragglers!), and I did have two small tattoos removed by the same studio that have now as good as vanished and would have had two more blasts that would have probably finished the job.....

I still get white hair grow upon my face, in some places it is not so much in clumps but in a scattered group of stragglers. I had electro in Surbiton twenty years ago, I can't be bothered to do my whites, I have a three head razor that with one downstroke gets rid of the white for a couple of days..... three or four is amazing!!! I pluck any rare medium light brown ones and I have not had any ingrown.

Electrolysis is brilliant, it is the holy grail.... but it's not gonna stop them coming back entirely unless you go for top ups with your straggler lengthy hairs being in place, which trust me, you won't wanna do. I guess it's probably why women's epilation products are such high sellers, so still be ready to still epilate as other women do.

Nobody is hair free.. be ready for that.... you probably are, I'm most probably teaching ya to suck eggs, but anyway... I love you lots and lots!

Celia xx

Electrolysis in modern times Mtm  Electrolysis in modern times Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2                                                               
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara on Sun May 24, 2020 1:57 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:
I still get white hair grow upon my face, in some places it is not so much in clumps but in a scattered group of stragglers. I had electro in Surbiton twenty years ago, I can't be bothered to do my whites, I have a three head razor that with one downstroke gets rid of the white for a couple of days..... three or four is amazing!!! I pluck any rare medium light brown ones and I have not had any ingrown.

Yeah, pretty much the same, not in clumbs, but individuals. They're not obvious in the mirror. Or maybe my eyes are just getting old. Ha!

I do spend a little time plucking the white ones a couple of times a week, but then sweep over the rest with the razor. I know I'm very fortunate in not being particularly hairy anyway, unlike my father and one of my sons.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum