The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy 4th of July Yankees!!

Go down

Happy 4th of July Yankees!! Empty Happy 4th of July Yankees!!

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:14 pm

Hi Yankees!!!!

Happy 4th of July to my colonial cousins!!!! have a lovely day!!!!! Of course you would be so much better run by a Queen.....

Happy 4th of July Yankees!! Queen-celia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy 4th of July Yankees!! Mtm  Happy 4th of July Yankees!! Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Happy 4th of July Yankees!! Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Happy 4th of July Yankees!! Empty Re: Happy 4th of July Yankees!!

Post  Tara on Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:13 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Of course you would be so much better run by a Queen.....

In the past I might have disagreed. But it's hard to any more, given the mess we have now.

Perhaps I should stand for Queen. But one doesn't vote for a queen. She is chosen when the Lady of the Lake, well, you know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:47 am

I have often thought what it would be like to have a parliamentary style government, but then we could have had the likes of Thatcher or Boris.

There is a very good chance that Donnie will only be a stain on our history - a vivid and deep stain but one we can recover from. I don't think my Country would ever recover with a Mitch McConnell as Prime Minister, running the government for several decades.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:04 pm

Our Dear Leader went to a site last Friday where the images of four past presidents was carved into the face of a large mountain rock. The site is now as known as "Mount Rushmore" and is a US National Memorial, although its acquisition by the US is in question. The site is located in the Black Hills of South Dakota.

The greater area around Mt. Rushmore is the land of the Oglala Lakota Sioux who sued the US to regain ownership of the site and the SCOTUS said (1980), yep this is your land, your ancestral land. Mount Rushmore is a sacred site for the Sioux, much like Uluru is in Australia and the stone monuments in the British Isles are sacred to the early people. The Sioux call this particular mountain "Six Grandfathers".

I was watching Formula 1 Sunday when my Daughter let out a howl. Apparently one of the attendees at Trumps rally had told a bunch of the Oglala Lakota Sioux members, who were protesting the use of the site for a political rally to, wait for this - "Go Back To Where You Came From'.

Such is the level of intelligence of the typical Trump rally goer.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Celia Eriksson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi Miki!!!

I think it has been a rather dark time recently, not as though I am talking about the virus, I mean the political landscape. It has been a kind of dark age, these last few years.

The rise of the AfD in Germany, the NF in France and the Hungarians have gone far right with their actual ruling party. Britain is quite sensible compared.

Joe must be elected to bring a respect that whilst not lost yet, is wavering with the rest of the world for the USA.

I have a lot of respect for the Native American. I have respect for all humans that are just, honest and likewise respectful. Whoever they may be. To hate is to exist in abject misery and I cannot for the life of me understand anyone that wishes to hold hatred in their heart for no good reason.

There is no good reason. One must never judge another by the colour of their skin, religion, gender or sexual orientation, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Yes, any religion or political movement that is contrary should be despised and eliminated, that is the basis of the second war and to a degree the American Civil war and they were just campaigns and fortunately the correct and just side won both.

Is this another war, is it? Does it need to be recognised so? Is it a modern war of a political, ethical and social kind?

For sure, if it is, it must be won for the betterment of all humans, whatever their belief. The slow, but sure global slide into even darker days must not be allowed to happen.

Happy 4th of July Yankees!! Wewillwin

Celia xx

Happy 4th of July Yankees!! Mtm  Happy 4th of July Yankees!! Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Happy 4th of July Yankees!! Kickitout                                                          
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:39 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Is this another war, is it? Does it need to be recognised so? Is it a modern war of a political, ethical and social kind?

For sure, if it is, it must be won for the betterment of all humans, whatever their belief. The slow, but sure global slide into even darker days must not be allowed to happen.
Oh Captain Celia, my Captain Celia please guide us through these terrible seas.

May you always have fair winds and following seas in your noble quest to save what you can.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:12 pm

Just an FYI, and no Offense Intended or Taken, but a fair number of Americans find being referred to as "Yanks" or "Yankees" to be Offensive, I lived in Northern UK for 10 years myself and there after 9/11/01 it began being used as a Racial Slur/Insult for reasons I have yet to learn why.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Happy 4th of July Yankees!! Empty A Limey's friendly reply!!!!!

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:25 pm

Hi Lenneth!

Oh my sweet girl, no way would I be upset by your post. I don't live in the north of England, I live in the South and have North Norwegian roots and British roots with my Mother. But I have travelled to Cumbria, Lancashire, Yorkshire I can truly say, I know of no person in the UK that would use the term Yankee, or Yank, as derogatory.

I know that during the Second War that many white AS men coined the phrase 'Go Home Yankees", because you Americans were over here fucking loose British women, (and our kind), waiting for D-Day, whilst the British men held the fort, or were interned in prison camps. But that is not it. It was jocular.

It is, at least down here and back then, a term of endearment. It is not derogatory. No more would I feel it was so should you call me a Limey. I would feel nothing but love in that term.

The Aussies call us Pommies, or Poms. I have been called so many times, I do not quiver or worry, or call the police! It means nothing! Limey means nothing and Yank and Yankee is simply another term for an American, of any creed, race or religion that is in no way racist. It refers, in UK terms to any American, North, South, East or West these days, even though most Brits are fully aware that originally it referred to the Union, mostly North East USA.

If there are folk up north here using that term in that way then I am shocked and I apologise!

Most Northerners have a weird sense of humour, and that is as wide as it will change every twenty miles.

Most, not all, generally always have to tell it how it is and I would think they were not so much being horrid, more they were simply surprised a lass from the USA would turn up there.

The vast majority of Americans miss England, for they head for the London tourist sites and cosmopolitan international mix that is London where no local quirks are apparent.

I can drive for forty minutes from here and hear a totally different Hampshire accent, or go the same time North to London and find a Cockney accent, though my that would be rare to find a real one, all the toffs (ultra rich people) have moved in up there....

In England, drive a few miles and find totally different attitudes, that is what I am trying to say.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:56 am

I do not shirk from the Yank/Yankee nickname.

If I were to ever visit the British Isles, Ayrshire would be my point of interest as that is where half of my heritage comes from. My mother's surname was Barr, tracing back to the middle ages. My brother has traced both of my maternal grandparents back to early 1700s in the Carolinas.

My Father's surname, Perata, traces back to the second century CE where a gentleman known as Eleazar ben Perata I, a tanna who rebelled against the Romans who occupied the area now known as Liguria (think Genoa).

The remainder of my heritage is Irish, Brown is the surname of my paternal Grandmother.

So, call me a Yank which is a delightful mixture of many things.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:59 pm

Hi Miki!!!!

Bar as a geographic location means hill, I know that because my maternal Grandmother was Scottish too, from Cannongate in Edinburgh, but her family moved to the Scottish capital from Dunbar. Dunbar means hilly hill!

Both Dun and Bar translate as such. I could only trace to the early nineteenth with them, for they appear to have been rogues. Jardines and Robertsons. Jardine appears to be from Dumfries and Robertson is Lothian, where Dunbar is.

Barr, I looked it up to see if it has any connection, as a surname means from the hills. I have never been to Ayrshire but it has some quite remote areas and the biggest of it's towns are not that populated, Ayr and Kilmarnock.

North Ayrshire is highland and would have been subject to the clearances, the 'Highland Clearances' after the battle of Culloden Moor. It is possible that either your ancestors fought against the crown there and were lucky enough to flee, or more likely were subject of the clearances and fled to make a new life in the Carolinas.

I won't insult your intelligence about Culloden and the risings of '15 and '45, you probably know about them. It's history and some Scots have never forgotten. But, it would either have been English dead or Scottish dead anyway? War is awful whatever, it was the last civil war battle on British soil.

Amazed that you can trace to 2nd. Century, I still say AD as many do here. That is quite amazing. But Romans kept very good records and many still exist to this day. I believe if the Roman empire had survived, motor vehicles, computers and propelled aircraft would probably have existed certainly by the 14th century, perhaps earlier. But then we would not be here, I guess!!!!!

Limey or Pom is taken with a pinch of salt. English people don't seem to be insulted by words.... other terms for English, amongst many are Ros Beef (French), Gammon, (Indian), Rooinek translates: redneck South Africans etc.

But, one does have to be careful with other Brits, because there were terms for Scots, Irish and Welsh, used by English people once, that I will not repeat here, that are now considered offensive.

Then there is Norbagger and Norsky from the great Swedish laughter book of jocularity.

So, I fully understand Lenneth. I shall refrain from using the title term again, I did not realise it could be offensive...

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:55 am

No need to censor, I was just letting you know.

(Some of the main ones who find the term "Yank/Yankee" Insulting/Offensive are people from the southern states)

The Point to take away I guess is what I learned while I lived there, that being that Words, Names, Phrases and even symbols can sometimes have drastically different meanings/uses in different places.

No one can be expected to know all of them, and these days they are often being twisted into other things in short duration's, Heck when I lived in the UK, meanings and even dialects could very wildly from one Neighborhood to another much less one town to another.

FYI I lived West Of Glasgow, and since you brought it up, some of my Ancestors were killed at Culloden, and more during the clearances, If you are Curious, My Family Tartan is This.

Can post more if you are interested, but won't bore you otherwise, My Family Records go back a LONG ways Laughing (not even kidding).
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:07 am

Hi Lenneth,

Oh, I love tartan. I wont guess your surname, but there are millions of the two that wear that one and one has a variation in spelling too. I am jealous, you are lucky to have one and the same one the Queen uses, due to the house that precedes her. Yes, tell more...

I knew a man that could wear the Keith tartan, he told me much about it and wore it once at a friends wedding. It was green as I remember. Just looked it up and it is. Oh and there are differences in that too, 'ancient', 'clan', 'modern' and 'family'..... how confusing!!!!

I have a laser appointment at mid-day so I had better get moving, for I have to bath. he salons opened on Monday, but not for facial laser..... that's still banned.

I'll look up Robertson, my maternal Grandmother, tartan later and see who is allowed to wear it!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:55 am

Well, The Family tree traces back as far as Duncan the 2nd so....
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:15 pm

Wow, that is 11th century and he married Ingibjörg Finnsdóttir, a Norwegian royal. He was an ancestor of the Earls of Mar, very powerful Earls and a long lineage. But I don't know that any Kings are descended from him, maybe there are?

That's an amazing lineage, you are so very lucky to have been able to trace that!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:36 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Wow, that is 11th century and he married Ingibjörg Finnsdóttir, a Norwegian royal. He was an ancestor of the Earls of Mar, very powerful Earls and a long lineage. But I don't know that any Kings are descended from him, maybe there are?

That's an amazing lineage, you are so very lucky to have been able to trace that!!

Celia xx

And one of his kids at least had children (unknown if they married) by one of Erik the Red's decentants also.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi Lenneth!!!

I got my history wrong, I looked up Duncan II and Ingebjørg Finnsdotter is his Mother, hence the lineage that goes through to Eirik Blodøks, which my own lineage possibly also finds routes to, considering there was only about 500,000 max population in 11thc. England by comparison had 1,500,000.

She was also the niece of Harald Hardrada, a very famous viking King of Norway who led an amazing life, his historical biography, preserved in text and sagas, is worth a read I have read two different ones in my life and both were superb reads. So you are related to him too.

Duncan was the son of Malcolm III and her. Duncan married a Lady of Northumbria Elthelreda, or a similarly pronounced name, daughter of Gospatrick Earl of Northumbria. They did have a son and although he has the title William FitzDuncan, she was Queen. The fitz is probably added by rival houses later in history, for his legitimacy was not doubtful??

William had several children, so to take that on from there will lead to many trees, one prominence of several being MacWilliams who laid claim to the sub 'Kingdom' of Moray.

Amazing!!!! I love history....

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:14 am

yep, didnt catch the error myself either, been busy getting worn to nothing with taxes Mad
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum