The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food for thought.

Go down

Food for thought. Empty Food for thought.

Post  Lenneth on Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:40 pm

I do not know about the rest of you, but when a cause for police reform has devolved into this kind of rubbish, It's past time to abandon it and form something considerably more sensible.

I have been able to confirm these appalling adverts & cards are being passed around both Scotland and in much of the US.

Food for thought. Blmsco10
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Food for thought. Empty Re: Food for thought.

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:42 pm

It's  clear nonsense and  you  really  have to be  aware that this might  be and probably is  disinformation put  about  by right  wing groups determined to undermine the cause.

The  big clue is the Antifa reference. Also the Scottish reference, thus localising it. Antifa is a rather mythical so called group that  doesn't  actually exist in reality except in Trump's  mind and his deranged  followers.

The Scottish reference is locally designed  to  inflame Scottish racists. You  might find similar leaflets in other regions.

It's  clearly  designed to  inflame  white people particularly those who  are already  racist.

It's  pure propaganda and disinformation.

Keep in mind that less than 1% of people in Scotland are black. About the same as trans people. I don't think the white people of Scotland are in any danger.

Don't be  so naive. Remember the right has all the money and power and all the malevolence to retain it's control over us all.

How can you honestly think that less than 1% of the Scots population is demanding the killing of white Scots?????????

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:45 am

I am being neither Naive or sharing nonsense.

this came from a trusted source in Scotland which I have confirmed with another source (neither know each other and live in different cities [Glasgow and Perth]), and 3 sources in the us (which were also independently verified) have confirmed similar flyers appearing in Portland, Seattle, and NYC along with rather vocal support of it.

the point I am making is that it is being or has been Hijacked by group(s) who only want violence, which is something that at least in my mind, must not be tolerated.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:36 am

Hi Lenneth and Marie,

I guess it could be either. There is quite a strong, but tiny minority, that follow and perhaps are within the BLM leadership that are extremists. The majority that follow and support it are ordinary people, that do see injustices, I am one. But the UK is to my mind, (apart from some of the South American nations, notably Brazil), the best country in the world for curbing those injustices today.

I did have the BLM banner below in my signature for a couple of weeks. I then read of some of the organisation's aims and had to remove it. The aims are Marxist, to say the least, perhaps Stalinist. I have replaced the logo with a more apt logo, of which I totally agree with, stamp out racism, kick it out! Racism has no place, nowhere upon this earth and does need eradication.

The disgust I feel for the other extreme, that may or may not have produced that thing is needless to say immense.

The OP poster is sinister, wherever it came from, whoever produced it and it is quite scary to think such minds exist.

But such minds do exist. And neither extreme is palatable to decent human beings, from either end of the spectrum and using race as a divisive tool, promoting murder on the sheer basis of the colour of another's skin is utterly disgusting. I am sickened by it, I am appalled by it and I cannot for the life of me understand it.

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Food for thought. Mtm  Food for thought. Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Food for thought. Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:29 pm

Quite simply it's designed to elicit the response you feel. 'It's gone to far'. Any reasonable person would feel that.

It also plays to the paranoia of it's target audience the disenfranchised working class straight white male for whom white privilege has passed them by. They fear women's rights, gay rights, anti racists and yes us trans people. We're all part of the plot.

Now they're being directly threatened: Kill white people.

Keep in mind that the fundamental reality is that white people in our countries are the overwhelming majority.

If that leaflet really came from a black lives matter source then it's a massive own goal.

More likely it's black propaganda, yes irony from a right wing source.

Yes as Celia says Marxist elements have latched onto this issue. They always do. They tried to use the Labour party in Britain to further their goals with Corbyn but only succeeded only in putting the most right wing UK government in years in power.

In my view the leaflet is designed to encourage the bigots in their bigotry. It's fake.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:36 am

I suspect this is a white supremacist group/individual trying to incite violence against the black community. What purpose would it serve to start killing white folk except to bring down the black community.

Also, Antifa is real, but a very loose group of individuals who travel to various sites causing trouble. Their goal(s) is nearly noble but their tactics typically involve violence against property, right wing groups and the police.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:39 am

Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi Everyone!

It is clear that nobody, apart from those that produce and distribute such can know for sure where such an awful, racist and quite disgusting piece of agitating material came from. As I mentioned, it could be either and I truly cannot say that it does not surprise me, for it does. I simply cannot comprehend it.

Evil lives amongst us and I feel that is a very sad statement of humanity. I like to imagine a world where only the good and reasoned lived. Fortunately they are still a majority. But unfortunately, the majority of those good people are gullible and easily misled.

Imagine. That world of good would require no locks, no armies, no security, no alarms. Humans could walk down any street at any time and feel quite safe there and also in their homes. Now surely, even then, society would require police. For humans are somewhat flawed and make mistakes. But their role would be much friendlier. They would deal with speeding and such minor problems. Calling for the abolishment of police is ridiculous.

That it is even more so in this world they are necessary. Police are our guardians, we need them to protect us from the evil kind that produced the disgusting poster pictured in the OP. And we have to take our own personal security into consideration. Yes a sad fact of so called human civilization is that uncivil kinds of people walk amongst the civil. It is so sad, but it is a terrible fact that it most likely will never, ever, change.

Celia xx

Food for thought. Mtm  Food for thought. Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Food for thought. Kickitout                                                          
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Lenneth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:46 am

It is possible for people whom are evil/sadistic to change for the better, just not easy, key is that they have to "want" to change themselves, and that is the most difficult part.

Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:16 pm

I watched this video and not once did I hear that blacks are out to kill whites. I did hear that the BLM is disorganized, is receiving funding from somewhere (give me the source) and other comments meant to diminish the intent of the movement ... but I did not hear once that blacks should kill whites.

"We are trained Marxists" is but one comment made in this video and if you believe the entire BLM movement is made up of Marxists, you may be taking yourself to be a fool.

Not once have I heard a black person, vis-a-vis the BLM, say blacks should kill whites. Of course, I have not heard the entire universe of comments, but still ... point me to an actual black person making this threat.

Did you listen to the entire videos?

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:12 am

I'm sorry Lenneth, I feel I was a bit harsh with you for your original post. It's just that I've been exposed to 'false news' and disinformation almost all my life starting in school. I'm Irish and I've seen a lot of propaganda. So I'm tuned to the obvious patterns. It's local, it's a threat. It invokes fear in people who fear minorities. Even tiny minorities like us and black people in Scotland.

The bigots, who don't think themselves bigots, J K Rowling for example, make what they think are reasonable observations based on their irrelevant experiences and their reading of certain internet websites then believe themselves persecuted when people point out their absurdity. J K Rowling probably genuinely believes she's defending women by attacking trans women.

So it is with all bigots. They actually think they're being reasonable. A classic example being the Ulster Loyalist.

Publishing a leaflet like that highlights in their mind what they think their enemies really believe. The fact that what all black people really want is to be left alone to live their lives without fear is lost on them.

I hate to Godwinise it but the Nazi's believed in their cause when they slaughtered people. The Soviets were just obeying orders in case they were were next.

Even if the leaflet was real, it's a forlorn hope. Minorities don't win.

Meanwhile the blacks, the coloured, the gays, the trans, the Jews above all are an existential threat to certain people.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:13 am

#1, the videos were posted to show the validity of what Celia Posted, not what I posted.

#2 Calm down.

#3 I will post things addressing what you are griping about soon enough, I have been working a LOT of Long Hours so have not had much free time to even post much less dig up videos, photos etc.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:33 pm

#2 I'm calm. I really  am. Go at me. I'm trans.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:04 pm

mariehart1 wrote:#2 I'm calm. I really  am. Go at me. I'm  trans.

Why would I "Go At you" ?

sounds as if you expect me to bully you/someone, I don't do that, ever. Sad
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:04 pm

Lenneth wrote:

I think I misunderstood and then you misunderstood my mis understanding. Too much vino last night I fear.

Sorry Embarassed

Also yes I do expect to be bullied, all too often my fears are realised. Story of my life. But no not accusing you.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:36 am

mariehart1 wrote:
Lenneth wrote:

I think I misunderstood and then you misunderstood my mis understanding. Too much vino last night I fear.

Sorry Embarassed

Also yes I do expect to be bullied, all too often my fears are realised. Story of my life. But  no not accusing you.

quite possible, and can relate more than you know on fears being realised, I have been working a lot of hours in high heat lately and I have a low tolerance for heat (imagine being able to sweat yourself dehydrated in 1hr unless you keep drinking water [Health issue linked to Excessive DHT production]) so misunderstanding is likely, I apologize.

Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:26 pm

No need to apologise. I was out of order.

If you don't like heat move here to the west of Ireland. It never gets really cold either. Just a bit wet. Plus we're all libtards apparently. 8 Laughing

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:54 am

mariehart1 wrote:No need to apologise. I was out of order.

If you  don't like heat move here to the west of Ireland. It never gets really cold either. Just a bit  wet. Plus we're all libtards apparently. 8 Laughing

Ironically I have relatives in Cork, but nah I'm ok, where I am the hot weather only lasts about 1-3 weeks.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:46 am

Hi Lenneth and Marie,

I hate the heat! I cannot understand people liking it! I come out in hives, I can't wear a necklace, bracelet or a watch. I know how to manage it and get through but pooh! It's horrid!

And why the love of the sun! I get burnt easily so I can't spend any time out in it. It's hot in the car, I get blinded by it when I'm trying to drive at certain times of day even with sunnies on and people are sweaty and drained.

Give me a mild overcast day anytime!!!!! But then I don't like rain coz my hair gets the curleys, the wind is a pest at blowing it all over the place too! I don't like the cold freezicals much either though and don't get me started on slippy to drive and walk snow, always coupled with the freezies at the same time!!!!!

I don't like weather apart from a mild, dry, overcast, still day!!!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:46 pm

Perfect weather for me is outside temps in the low '80s F/25s C and a thunderstorm happening so there is a bit of ozone in the air.

Of course, I am watching this from my living room with the A/C on set to 74F/23C and the humidity is around 40%.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:39 pm

hi Miki!

I think I would go with about 19-20c, around 65f is what is comfortable for me. I do like fresh, heavy rain when the trees are still in leaf, when it has not rained for some time, especially on warmish days..... the smell of that and the sound is quite evocative. But the hunidity still curlies up my hair!!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:14 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi Lenneth and Marie,

I hate the heat! I cannot understand people liking it! I come out in hives, I can't wear a necklace, bracelet or a watch. I know how to manage it and get through but pooh! It's horrid!

Celia xx

Interestingly I have that same problem..... Shocked

Partial to weather no warmer than 85F, Preferably 65-72F, 10 years in Scotland oddly destroyed my ability to acclimate to hotter weather (mostly grew up in an area of the US that Routinely hits 120F in the Summer) also ever since my DHT issue started I had a problem with Excessive sweating.

Cold weather though, I have no issues acclimating to negative temperatures, odd eh?
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:28 am

Hi Lenneth,

I remember the summer of '76 here when I was 15 and it was very, very hot in England and it lasted from May 'til September, I never had any problem at all.

As I recall, I don't think the problem started until in my forties. But then again, some summers in England are like a damp squib, but not so in the last few years, there have been several days of plus 30 degrees every year for about five years now, those are the days I suffer. I don't get the sweats though.

Hives is an allergic problem, histamines in one's system. It can a reaction to many things, heat  is probably the one that affects me, I doubt it is my prescriptions because it would be constant.

I wear sun cream anytime the sun is out and if the temperature is not hot I don't react so it's not that and pollens can be high and I am fine too.

I do manage it, I use E45 cream, it soothes and it goes within a couple of days of a fall in temperature, (this works for me, it is not a recommendation in any shape or form, it may react badly to others!!!).

I suppose antihistamine is the way to go, but I do try and limit my intake of things as the less mix, the better. Before using any antihistamine, you should seek advice first though, for it may react with other meds.

I cannot wear collared shirts in such weather as well as jewellery, which is awful because the redashyness at the front of my neck is there for all to see... thank God it is not often, but I see the hot weather is coming back this weekend, we are expecting a high of 33c, Friday until Tuesday!!!! Bah!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:14 am

I take Antihistamines for my Summer Allergies (Heyfever) wich can get bad, as in flu like symptoms all spring & summer bad (depends on the local plantlife & agriculture).

the Antihistamines do not affect the hives I get on hot days or days where I sweat a lot (not as bad on HRT as before interesting enough)

Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum