The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joining the Club

Go down

Joining the Club Empty Joining the Club

Post  Lenneth on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:37 am

Haven't had the tiem/energy to post this till now,

I Started recently on Androcur (1/4 50mg every 2 days).

Long Story Short a Dr I went to found that my DHT levels were so high they were literally at a "Dangerous Level" (explains the increased dysphoria and stress issues I had been having among other things) yet at the same time my T levels are lower than a bio female.
(long story to that that I Might go into later if asked) the High DHT was from a kind of disorder I will explain some other time if you want to know.

DR Recommended also taking either T or E, I hesitated & said I will see what the androcur does first.

(one of my main concerns is/was over supply being low with the pandemic, another being a strong desire to not have to go through the drama that going on E could likely end up causing.)

might still go for it, will decide soon enough.

So-Far the Androcur Effects have been purely beneficial, less stress, considerably less brain fog, blunted Dysphoria, reduced rapid unwanted body hair regrowth (it could grow back up to 1/8" (about 1.5mm) in 10 hours or less), Considerable Mood Improvement (far more even/stable, less prone to Extreme stress issues), Far Less Issues with Excessive Sweating, 75% greater Mental Focus, Oddly a fair bit more Energy also.

Just overall, Better. Smile

Edit to point out more recent posts, i'm going full....

Last edited by Lenneth on Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Joining the Club Empty Re: Joining the Club

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:13 pm

Androcur (Cyproterone) is not available in the US.

As a US Military (Navy) veteran, I utilize the Veterans Administration for some of my health needs. The first doctor I came out to was my VA Primary Care Physician who immediately prescribed Finasteride (Propecia) to lower my DHT.

I am currently on Lupron-Depot which has dropped my testosterone levels to below female levels and while I do not get the warm fuzzies I got when I was taking Estradiol Valerate, I am a much more quiet person (internally and externally).

I do not understand your reluctance to take estrogen. You certainly do not need to offer and explanation but I found the benefits truly beneficial.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:53 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:Androcur (Cyproterone) is not available in the US.

then How did I get a prescription much less get it filled? confused
Mabie things changed? *shrugs*

MichaelaSJ wrote:I do not understand your reluctance to take estrogen. You certainly do not need to offer and explanation but I found the benefits truly beneficial.

combination of things, part is down to an apparent shortage i have heard about from numerous sources, and as I said partly due to a hesitation by not wanting to have to deal with un needed drama that would eventually likely ensue from family.

I'm 90% likely to go ahead, but as I said at first I hesitated & decided to see what the Androcur does, which has been nothing short of awesome.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:09 am

Lenneth wrote:
MichaelaSJ wrote:Androcur (Cyproterone) is not available in the US.
then How did I get a prescription much less get it filled? confused
Mabie things changed? *shrugs*
Earlier this decade there was a lot of conversation in our predecessor forum (and other trans oriented forums) regarding the availability of Cyproterone (Androcur). I checked the website https://www.drugs.com/cons/androcur-reg.html and it indicated Androcur was not available in the U.S.

I do not doubt that you got the script but maybe your doctor found an off-lable use that allowed her to prescribe it for you.

Lenneth wrote:
MichaelaSJ wrote:I do not understand your reluctance to take estrogen. You certainly do not need to offer and explanation but I found the benefits truly beneficial.
...not wanting to have to deal with un needed drama that would eventually likely ensue from family.

I definitely understand the not wanting drama part.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:21 am

went ahead with the E, started today.... Shocked
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down