The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

corset + hrt

Go down

corset + hrt  Empty corset + hrt

Post  3den Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi!
So.... I'm not really transitioning. I am considering some steps towards though. I have as it is a slim feminine body, but what I want is:
a. to be a bit more feminine
b. regain my lost hair on my haid Razz

my questions are:
1.will hrt help with the latter? I'm on pills and other treatments for almost a year as it is with little effectivness (my state isn't too late I think)
2. will a corset give me a feminine body? will it be completely permanent? I would love to hear any experience with this and recommendations maybe.

I've added two images - one is obviously photoshopped, and what I wish a corset would do.

With love

corset + hrt  Img_2010
corset + hrt  Img_2011

3den

Back to top Go down

corset + hrt  Empty Re: corset + hrt

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:10 am

First of all - welcome to our little place of respite.

Yes, a corset will help as belly fat is the most difficult fat to get rid of sans liposuction.

if you live around San Francisco, you might want to try https://www.darkgarden.com/. They are very trans friendly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:19 am

Hi 3den,

Welcome to the boards. I have a couple but can nver get them tight enough to make a real difference, so I use a waist trainer that is elasticated. It is not that comfortable at first, but I do get used to wearing it. Interestingly it has a couple of pouches at the back for foam inserts, should one want to make one's bum look like KK!!!

Here are some benefits of wearing a corset that I uplifted from a site that sells the steel ribbed ones....

Corsets Shape Your Abdomen into An Hourglass Figure
The most well-known benefit of corsets is that they are the only garment that can shape your waist into an hourglass figure. However, be aware that in order to reach this goal, your corset must have steel bones. These bones work similar to braces for teeth by working with your body to achieve the much-desired hourglass shape. Every corset in our collection is fitted with spiral and flat steel bones.  To learn more about waist-training and how it works, check out our FAQs.

Corsets Reduce Your Waist Size
Waist-training will reduce your natural waist size, and although results will vary with the individual, the “rule of two” is a good starting point for beginners. This states that wearing your corset for two hours a day for two weeks will lead to a waist reduction of up to two inches. With all the delicious holiday food around this time of year, we can all benefit from that!

Corsets Help Correct Bad Posture
Bad posture starts out as a bad habit, but can lead to back pain, migraines, stomach cramps, and more. These days, more people than ever suffer from bad posture due to time spent sitting at a computer or hunched over their phone. Wearing a corset will make you stand and sit up straight without even thinking about it. Over time, your body will become accustomed to the correct position.

Corsets Can Help Avoid Back Injuries
Contrary to popular belief, corsets are not uncomfortable, but they do limit your mobility. For those of us who often fall prey to common back injuries, such as forgetting to bend at the waist or lifting with our back instead of our knees, this can be a huge plus. When wearing a corset, your midsection is restricted, which prevents all sorts of moves that cause injury.

Corsets Strengthen Core & Back Muscles
When you first start wearing a corset, you may notice that your back and core muscles are a bit sore. This is to be expected, as your body is getting used to sitting and standing in a new (and more correct) position. As these muscles strengthen over time, you should notice an increase in strength and posture.

Corsets Help With Back Pain
One of the most common forms of back pain occurs in the lumbar region of the lower back. Corsets help to correct this by providing lumbar support. While there are many products on the market designed to support the lower back, none are quite as effective as a corset.

And here are some of the myths of cons..... but personally, I would not overtighten any corset, even if I could, remember all this has been written by corset vendors....., just be sensible, even they say do not exercise wearing one, so that would most likely include any over exertion!.

Myth 1: Corsets Damage Your Organs
One of the most common myths about corsets is that they can damage internal organs.  In reality, corsets do compress your organs – but so does bending, leaning, sitting, and, of course, pregnancy! Women’s organs in particular are equipped to shift around, but that said, any shifting that takes place while wearing a corset is minor.

Because of this compression, you may find your appetite to be a bit suppressed while wearing a corset. Carbonated beverages, like beer and soda, cause bloat, which can be uncomfortable while laced up. For this reason, many avoid these beverages while wearing a corset.

Myth 2: Corsets Limit Your Breathing
If you feel short of breath or lightheaded while wearing a corset, take it off immediately. Chances are, the laces have been cinched too tight. Leave it off until you feel back to normal, then use a mirror or the help of a friend to position and lace your corset in a comfortable position. If you’re unsure about how to lace up a corset, check out our step-by-step guide.

A question that often comes along with this is if it’s okay to exercise in a corset. Click here to find the many reasons we advise against this.

Myth 3: Corsets Reshape Your Lungs
Contrary to popular belief, a corset does not reshape your lungs. Instead, the steel bones of a corset work with your body to shape the fleshy bit of your abdomen, correct bad posture, and train your waist into an hourglass shape.

Many people believe that Victorian women were prone to fainting because corsets had shaped their lungs into a cylinder, but that’s simply not true. As the History channel explains, there is no evidence to suggest that ladies of the Victorian age laced themselves any tighter than we do today.

Myth 4: Corsets Weaken Your Muscles
Another frequent misconception is that as the wearer gets used to the support of a corset, their back muscles weaken. In reality, the opposite is true! A corset actually strengthens back muscles by forcing you to stand (or sit) up-right with good posture. Because your body may not be used to this position, it’s not uncommon to feel some soreness akin to a good gym workout when your first begin corseting. This simply means that muscles you haven’t used before are getting stronger.

If you are feeling particular strain on your back muscles, it may be a good idea to work some simple yoga stretches into your daily routine. You should also limit your wear time, slowly working your way to longer sessions. This will give your body time to adjust to the changes.

Myth 5: Corsets Cause Skin Infections
Some say that a tight corset creates an environment that is prone to skin infections. That should not be the case if you are following good hygiene and wearing a corset liner. You should also be sure to clean your corset often. If you have questions about how to hand-wash your corset, see: How to Wash a Corset: A Guide to Cleaning Your Corset.

I hope that helps!!!!

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
corset + hrt  Mtm  corset + hrt  Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2corset + hrt  Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:17 pm

Welcome. I've bought a couple of corsets at the Bristol Ren Faire, they definitely aren't cheap. I've only worn them there. I think I saw it could be permanent but after years. Maybe I'll be able to let you know, I'm going to apply at the Ren Faire in 2021 Smile

Michi

Kidagakash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:44 pm

I ordered a couple this month. The steel boned one is way too small amd ia being exchanged. I have a latex one for using when i wash the other or feel like a break from it for a day or some hours. The latex one has a zipper. This is really annoying!!! Its impossible to zip up unless i zip it up and wiggle into it and then velcro it. Also the zipper has a wavy up and down pattern that is very annoying. Kind of a waste.of 50 bucks tbh. The nicer one should.work great once i get the right size. Two things i noticed right away. I have been standing in a way that makes my spine crooked. Ive had to get used to walking completely different but way less joint and back pain. Also for some reason eating food has been way more comfortable. I dont underatand quite why that is... But my reflux is totally gone. I look forward to getting the nicer one.

=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:14 am

Hormone therapy, in my own experience, is the most efficient manner of choice for overall results.

But it is not something to take lightly. It WILL change you (it's supposed to for crying out loud Smile ).
Physiologically and psychologically. I mean, that's precisely why you take hormone medication.

A corset, in my opinion, is like a very bad-tasting medicine that works.
Let's be blunt here, wearing one is like tucking. Not thrilling, but it gets results.
I never once tucked. I never wear pants though. Under a skirt, there's no real reason to tuck.
The corset will sure help. But, they are not a 'fun' item to wear. No more so than a binder is for a transgender man.

It depends on how vital that shape is to you.

Regarding hair, HRT isn't bringing it back. What's gone is staying gone. You don't have to believe me, but I'm not supporting any dreams on this subject. It just stops you from losing more. Until you are in your 70s and then you are no better off than any older woman. My mother only had half her hair density in her 80s.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:16 pm

Yeah the hair growth thing is probably be because i noticed that the thinner hairs on my hairline have come back to life. There is no new growth. I used to think i could never transition because of it. My " biological clock" had other ideas. I don't care im 6 feet tall have size 14 feet or thinning hair. Those s
Were all just excuses I manifested from insecurity. Truth is I barely give a flying fuck how others see me now. Ive spent my entire life denying this because i thought i was sparing my families feelings. In reality nobody thought any different when i was honest. I want to not feel like crying over thinking i will never be okay with myself. I know some things are going to get worse before they get better but i am driven and determined now.

=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  MyNicky Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:43 pm

I had a steel boned corset. I didn't like it one bit. I used to wear breast forms too, until one slipped and decided to take a journey all the way down my tucked in shirt, down my pant leg, to pop out next to my shoe.
I like the concept of these two items for feminizing my frame, but my experiences were not positive and personally I found it not worth the effort.
MyNicky
MyNicky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum