The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

regarding my HRT.

+2
Tara
Kidagakash
6 posters

Go down

regarding my HRT. Empty regarding my HRT.

Post  Kidagakash Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:19 am

Ok I won't make this too long, but I think this is the most important thing Ive done to transition. First, I must confess that I didn't have a prescription when I started. I won't get into because of how this forum addresses this subject, except for one thing. Without ongoing care I was taking big risk to my health and am getting a tailored set of prescriptions which some people reported decent changes in the same areas what I wanted. Doing this the proper way is WAY easier than I thought, which is why I cheated. BUT... tomorrow morning 10am I have an appointment to officially legally start HRT!!! I'm so excited and so much happier about this situation. I need not fear any consequences of hrt anymore. I wish I had done this when I started. It is thanks to btw, the ability to get informed consent, and I stumbled onto this thought "I wonder... telehealth for hrt? I dont think it will exist but what the heck" Yes! it does exist! and its WAY cheaper than I thought. I don't have to make monthly payments for therapy (except meds) for 12 months. And they promise every necessary level of care! and it wont be tedious through the mail, they actually had a clinic an hours drive from here!!! I live in a VERY rural area so I never expected that!. I've read LOTS of posts about distance being the biggest hurdle in some areas. or cost. I didn't think my medicaid insurance would cover it, but it actually does in my state! But it gets even better. The place I signed up for is waiving their membership monthly fee for the first 12 months. Membership includes issuing prescriptions, lab work, blood tests, and regular progress monitoring. That means the one time 99$ fee is going to provide everything I need except cost of prescription, which medicaid even covers! Yay! I plan on saving most of my next stimulus check for the next year. if I'm strapped a year from now it will cover the costs for a while yet!. Im so happy and a HUGE weight has been lifted off my mind which has tormented me for years! I could almost cry. I desperately wanted to take this step, but I never imagined I could afford it because of my insurance.

Last edited by Kidagakash on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

regarding my HRT. Empty Re: regarding my HRT.

Post  Kidagakash Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:47 pm

I had my appointment and everything looks good. I'm so happy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:20 pm

Kidagakash wrote:I had my appointment and everything looks good. I'm so happy!

Yay! Very Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  MyNicky Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:25 am

I also had telehealth for my first few appointments. The one good thing to come out of this pandemic was the expansion of telehealth services. My clinic is a 2 hour drive away. I get to do telehealth most of the time, only needing a face to face once every 12 months, so they tell me
MyNicky
MyNicky

Kidagakash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:57 pm

Very happy to hear the news.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:13 pm

What wonderful news! I hope HRT is as big a life improvement for you as it was for me.

"Eagles may soar, but badgers don't get sucked through jet engines."

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:17 am

MyNicky wrote:I also had telehealth for my first few appointments. The one good thing to come out of this pandemic was the expansion of telehealth services. My clinic is a 2 hour drive away. I get to do telehealth most of the time, only needing a face to face once every 12 months, so they tell me
I remember some of your posts about the complications of driving distance and whatnot. Glad everything is still going well for you!
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

MyNicky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Maple Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:05 am

Congrats!

I consider myself very lucky in that I was able to get mine started through the nearest VAMC. I still get mine through the VA, but there is a lot I can't get through the VA at this time.

I even had Medicaid and was set up to get my surgery with my Medicaid when it was pulled just before I could get it done. I've been struggling for over a year to get it back again. Hopefully I can get it back this year and have it done.

"Opinion is really the lowest form of Knowledge. It requires no accountability and no understanding.
The Highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world."
-????
Maple
Maple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum