The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOT in the news

Go down

NOT in the news Empty NOT in the news

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:25 pm

I suffered a near debilitating obsession level with YouTube trending news from like October last year till February of this year.

I couldn't stop following the US Election drama. I was worried and concerned. I think a lot of non-US people were.
And then it was finally over. The drama that is. I don't care what the Reps do with Trump. I don't care if Biden is any of what they say of him. Good or bad.

That and all things covid. Regardless of where you stand on any of it, it's too much, it's too everpresent. And it seems credibility is gone. Who do you trust now?
Covid is still the top story. But I've stopped worrying about it. Not saying it isn't still a potential danger. But, I've lost the need to fear it daily. I'm worn out. I've had zero social life for a year.

I'm trying to walk away from the obsession with the news.
It hasn't been healthy.

Trump isn't the only person I'm able to be disgusted with. Canada and the UK have no shortage.
And I'm just trying to stop caring. I've been forced to hide here in my apartment. I don't care what's happening outside of town.

I'll watch the weather-related news. That's it.

I am soooo glad 2020 is gone. I refuse to let 2021 be a re-run.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

NOT in the news Empty Re: NOT in the news

Post  Kaibeth Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:19 am

Why hello, Lesley.

My news is filtered through my partner. "schizophrenia management something something."

Last edited by Kaibeth on Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't mean to deadname.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Eagles may soar, but badgers don't get sucked through jet engines."

I am under no Ilyushin that aeroplane puns are anything but Boeing jokes. And I don't wanna be the Fokker you all Beech at. So I shall Cessna desist and pay the Piper.
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:34 pm

Please don't spell it Leslie. That's both a dead name and not mine.

Friends call me Bunny

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:10 pm

Hi Bunny,

I don't watch the news either much these days, it is so depressing. I do hope 2021 does prove to be a good year for everyone and optomistic me believes it will be.

Beth! What a strange avator!!!!!!!! Too scary!!!! Shocked

Celia xx

NOT in the news Mtm  NOT in the news Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2NOT in the news Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:14 am

OMG Bunny, I'm sorry....... It's a habitual spelling from an old friend, and my muscle memory just took over.

It's good to see you again.

I am under no Ilyushin that aeroplane puns are anything but Boeing jokes. And I don't wanna be the Fokker you all Beech at. So I shall Cessna desist and pay the Piper.
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:15 am

Celia, I am a Grateful Dead fan and an Airbus sim-pilot. They go together.

Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:24 am

I watched hours of network news from patient zero to the end of may. Got very depressing. I hand pick 2.or 3 things while i have breakfast that catch.my eye and NO videos theyre a waste of time. I have zero social life and no job. I only go outdoors when i.need.to buy groceries. Ergo what i do in my umlimited spare time must be chosen not dictated. Network news is designed to be addictive, re runs the same 3.or 4 stories all day and caters to an audience that demands excitement and controversy, which usually translates to violence and social outrage. There have been studies it can warp one's reality.
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum