The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Identifying?

Go down

Identifying? Empty Identifying?

Post  Kidagakash Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:37 am

I was filling out a form which asked what my gender identity is. It lists transgender and female. I found it slightly confusing but checked female. Anyone know what this is all about?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Identifying? Empty Re: Identifying?

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:22 am

Increasingly, a lot of social media is trying to be more inclusive.

It is possible it was permitting you the option to pick transgender or female.

Because to us, while they might seem the same, one allows you to be labeled as transgender, and the other just female and no mention of being a transgender female.

But where was the form.?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:54 pm

I earn a few shekels completing online surveys. It's very nice. They used to send a cheque for €50 after completing several. Now with covid they give virtual credit cards. Very nice.

They used to ask male or female but of late they allow other and indeed offer a box so you can add your own custom sexual identity. So nobody is offended. Although I do get offended when my age eliminates me. Grumble grumble.

What really annoys me is when they ask you your work status and they offer the option 'housewife'. How sexist is that?

Actually I'm lying, I always tick 'housewife' because that's me. Although of late they often use a gender neutral term. Damm them.

I am a housewife and I'm proud to be one like my Mother and three of my sisters.

mariehart1

Kidagakash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum