The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

first bloodwork done.

Go down

first bloodwork done. Empty first bloodwork done.

Post  Kidagakash Sun May 23, 2021 3:32 am

I drove down to the cities to get my first bloodwork done.Estrogen is 32, and T is 89. Doctor says the target is 50-200 for E and under 55 for T. I already knew just by how I was feeling that E was low and T was still high. Even 50 seems kind of a low minimum level for E. I understand normal levels *can* be as low as 40-50 but average levels are also well over 100, or even higher. I feel like my doctor is playing things a little "too safe". Meanwhile I am feeling the effects of low hormones. I feel okay for a couple days after my depo shot, but after 3 or 4 I steadily feel worse, sad, tired, irritable. listless. I worry that spiro has been causing a lot of brain fog and short term memory problems. Also sleeping a lot more than I usually need to. He is okay with going from 1 to 2mg of depo, and says he would change the spiro to 50 twice a day, but I am considering asking to get off of it, and raise the progesterone to 200 to compensate. Any thoughts? I know our individual physiology differs from person to person, but I could really use some prespective on this before I make any decisions. The forums and blogs have endlessly differing opinions.... I usually get better insight here.
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

first bloodwork done. Empty Re: first bloodwork done.

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun May 23, 2021 4:03 am

I started at 1 mg, went to 2 mg and 3 and finally 4 after about a year. Estrogen that is.

I am always willing to advise patience.

I take oral pills in my case. 4 daily has been ok for me. I'm told 6 is more a 20-30 year old range.

My breasts didn't grow much. But I sure noticed a lot of mental evolution.

Progesterone seems popular with a lot. I'm not using it, but I'm not for or against it. D'arcy wants to give it a try.

But I always say, let a medical professional aid in the process. You only get one life. Don't take any risk you don't have to. Slow is ok.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Kidagakash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Sun May 23, 2021 5:57 pm

Did some more reading. 32 is in the male ranger for estrogen. So if I am reading my results correctly I have male levels of E at 32. I have been concerned since I started depo shots that 1mg per week seems ridiculously low. I am aware of the difference in absorption rate, but that is the same absorption amount between v and c only at different rates
Cypionate is not more potent,.it just has a lower spike and a smoother trough. I feel like I should switch to valerate shots anyways because they are three times cheaper and I can achieve the same steady levels with twice weekly Injections instead of every 7 days. At .2ml per dose, It would divide into over 20 weeks of doses but after 6 weeks it is over half gone. With the low concentration, it just doesn't make sense financially speaking when I have to pay cash. 120 dollars for a vial containing 25mg vs 40 dollars for 200. Even with more frequent doses valerate seems more reasonable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum