The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ping Pong match in my head.

3 posters

Go down

The Ping Pong match in my head. Empty The Ping Pong match in my head.

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:46 am

January 6, 2021 - a group of thousands of disgruntled American citizens storm the U.S. Capitol Building in an attempt to overthrow the government.

July 13, 2021 - thousands of Cubans march on the Cuban Capitol in an attempt to overthrow the government.

Anyone want to play? There maybe no winners.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

The Ping Pong match in my head. Empty Re: The Ping Pong match in my head.

Post  Guest Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:16 pm

Fixed it for you:
January 6, 2021 - a group of thousands of disgruntled American citizens storm the U.S. Capitol Building in an attempt to overthrow the democratically elected government and President and install a right wing fascist who was voted out of office.

July 13, 2021 - thousands of Cubans march on the Cuban Capitol in an attempt to overthrow an undemocratic communist dictatorship after many years of repression and corruption.

We all know the difference between a free country and Cuba.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:53 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhh, Marie - I wish it was so simple.  The Ping Pong match in my head. 1f610
Remember - perspective and which side of the street you are standing on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:36 am

MichaelaSJ wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhh, Marie - I wish it was so simple.  The Ping Pong match in my head. 1f610

There is no perspective. I don't know if you honestly don't know the difference or you're up for a fun debate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:06 am

I won't comment on the situation in Cuba, I lack information.

I WILL comment on the Reps down south. White racist liars with a grotesque take on reality, disgusting slant on religious beliefs, and essentially greedy swine who are self-centered and misogynists regardless of their gender.

And too stupid to realize Trump is using them. He's a narcissist who thinks he can do no wrong and is the best at everything. He'll use anyone for anything and discard them in a heartbeat.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:01 am

mariehart1 wrote:
MichaelaSJ wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhh, Marie - I wish it was so simple.  The Ping Pong match in my head. 1f610

There is no perspective. I don't know if you honestly don't know the difference or you're up for a fun debate.
Come on Marie. You have read my posts and know I understand politics and political situations.

I am always up for a good debate, so let's start.

I stand in absolute horror at what happen to my Capitol last Jan 6. But, that is my view. My Son, who does not share my politics has a different view and does not see the insurrection as an insurrection.

I am old enough to remember when Castro took down the Batista regime in Cuba, in 1959. There was considerable consternation in Washington D.C. over the future of Cuba. Batista was very much a right-winger whose true interest in Cuba was the money he could extort from the various investors looking for a cash cow in Cuba.

Initially, Castro was hailed as a savior by many in the Western World but very soon then after his true allegiance(s) came to the fore. Castro was an unabashed Communist revolutionary stooge subject to the whims of the then USSR and a nascent expansionist China.

Although much of the economic failure of Cuba can be placed at the hands of the West's economic blockade of Cuba, Cuba's economy would likely have collapsed even if the blockade was not there. The only developed economic segment in Cuba is their sugar industry and when sugar cost less than $0.17 on the futures market and less than $2.00 in a store, Cuba will never be able to support itself on a sugar alone.

Get rid of the communist regime and Cuba will flourish - at least some in Cuba will.

So, I do not support the insurrection of Jan 6 and I do support the attempt at returning Cuba to a more likable country.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:55 am

Yes indeed, on one level I get it. Castro liberated Cuba from frankly from a diabolic corrupt regime supported by the United States. OK we're on the same page here. In fact I admire what they did, rare as it is in that part of the world. I'm Irish we understand liberation from an oppressive regime.

But they messed it up, Cuba did not become free. Quite the opposite. Nevertheless here in Ireland the left hold up Cuba as some sort of ideal. and see it as an example to follow. Unfortunately lately the ignorant and uniformed support parties of the left without realising the consequences of their policies.

Sadly though while Ireland won't become a Cuba in the cold Atlantic, the fall of Cuban communism will result in yet another failed right wing banana Republic. Ironically keeping Cuba as it is, is in the best interests of the United States. Not so good for Cubans.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:13 pm

As we know, there are not simply two cases of this happening in history and parallels cannot be drawn so easily.....

I imagine there are three outcomes of coups that actually do succeed in changing a nation's governance, for those that do not succeed do not change much, if anything at all... and everything in this world is not new.... Richard II promised Wat Tyler and his peasants the earth, else England would have had a revolution in the late 14th century. Richard betrayed his promise and it was quashed.... nothing changed, historical footnote, that's all.

Successful coups can be for the betterment of more people. They can be for the advantage of less people. Things can end up not much different, though in this case the people with the advantage may be different, to a higher or lesser degree than previously.

When the old regime in Cuba of the fascist, Fulgencio Batista y Zaldívar was ousted by Castro, I am sure more people had more an advantage than a disadvantage. And the thugs that 'stormed' Capitol Hill are not much different to boot boys in an English  football stadium and deserve little regard. Cuba's coup is worth regard.

And I am no red, oh no, no, no. Far from it. I believe in fair, free enterprise where anyone that works hard can succeed without hinderance because of background, race, creed, religion or colour. This was far from the case in Batista's Cuba and I am hard pushed to imagine a nation that truly allows that. I am not biased but some European countries are almost without such prejudice, Sweden, Norway, Canada and Great Britain are close.... but still no cigar from me.... old money advantage/privilege still goes to new money. There is nowhere it exists, but I am ever hopeful that one distant day it will, everywhere...

I digress! Anyway the USA needs, (as does the UK), to overhaul it's political system. Both electoral systems are antiquated and unfit for true democracies. Maybe I would support a coup in favour of true democracy, I certainly would not be much up in arms otherwise, for I am lucky to live in a democracy, however flawed it is.

Celia xx

The Ping Pong match in my head. Mtm  The Ping Pong match in my head. Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2The Ping Pong match in my head. Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:25 pm

A couple of years ago, when T***p was doing his very best to eff everything not T***p, I asked me Wife who long she thought the World would keep itself together and She said three generations.

I thought four generations.

In any case, the population of the World is heading towards a great reset.

Climate issues will end up flooding the lowlands around the Globe. Regional hunger will be exacerbated by weather with huge crop failures and populations trying to relocated simply to eat, and being rebuffed in their attempts to stay alive.

Strongmen will take over the World's population and reluctant populations will now live with a jackboot on their collective necks.

It will eventually happen (circa 2100 CE) that the World will experience a final global war that targets the dying populations of Africa/Asia/Asia Pacific areas.

While I long to hold an infant Granddaughter on my lap, I am mostly glad my two children have opted for being childless.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:53 am

Celia, totally agree the American and British system is broken. In Britain the the current first past the post system ensures that the party who the majority of voters do not want in government wins. Hence the Tories are in power right now. But it doesn't matter who wins, they are invariably the party most people don't want. Is that democracy?

Meanwhile there's proportional representation which of course the critics argue results in hung parliaments but in reality tames the extremists because of course compromise is what politics is about.

Here in Ireland, we have an unholy alliance between bitter rivals who fought a civil war a hundred years ago, yes we Irish bear a grudge. They've aligned with the greens who are leftist with their own agenda. All of this is to keep Sinn Fein who got a large protest vote, out of government. Remember this gang until recently didn't recognise this state at all and had it's own private terrorist army. They would turn Ireland into Cuba without the sun. Although this week it's like Cuba, Practically tropical.

But at least we have a government no one likes but who have to do the job. It's called freedom.

Compromise is everything.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum