The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Activities in the current circumstances

4 posters

Go down

Activities in the current circumstances Empty Activities in the current circumstances

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:06 pm

Hey guys, some of us are US some of us are Canada, some of us are UK or European.

All of us are common examples of just getting buy.

How has the world of covid altered your routine activities, or presumed potential activities, or assumed limits of activities?

For example, going full-time. It matters little if you are out and about and going full time if there is nowhere to go full-time.
If you have to wear a mask, it's going to certainly impact whether you wear makeup or not. No one can see it. I've not needed to give a damn about shaving as much. Can't see my lipstick and can't see if I've shaved either.
You can't see your masculine jawline if they can't see your face at all.
And it's hard to get facial hair removal when you can't even go anywhere to get it done.
That and hairstyling, and manicures and all that. If the place is closed.

It's hard to get the right pronouns when they can't even identify you behind the mask.
Unless you're wearing a skirt or dress and carrying a purse.

You don't need to fuss over which restroom if they are not available to anyone.
You can't be among the cisgender world if there's nowhere to be among them.
The gym has to be open in order for you to need to care about the change room.

I've been unable to mingle at church. The church hasn't been doing in-person much.

I haven't been able to chat much in a cafe, because they haven't been dine in much.

About the only reason I have had to be outside is the 30 minutes involved with getting some groceries. And I'm wearing a mask, so frequently no one even recognizes me.

I've missed the usual PFLAG meetings.
Pride was such a non-event for the last two years. It hasn't mattered whether I want to go or not. Day of Visibility was a contradiction this year. I'm not expecting Day of Remembrance to be much this year either.

I don't feel like doing the Zoom thing.

I have only been on my bike a bit this year. I wear out, and there are no rest options. So I have tended to just ride around for no reason downtown to confirm, yep, nothing is open. And it didn't help the main street underwent considerable construction, so most of this year the main street has been a dug-up mess with none of the usual spots to sit and people watch.

For me, 2021, because Lindsay is rural, has been a year when being transgender has meant nothing at all. No one has seen me much. I haven't been out much. Being transgender hasn't mattered.
Has it been much of a deal for you guys this year?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Activities in the current circumstances Empty Re: Activities in the current circumstances

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:06 pm

For me, being ill for the last two years has allowed me to examine who I am, who I could be.

I have decided that I am neither male nor female - I am simply me and I am totally comfortable with that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Activities in the current circumstances Empty Re: Activities in the current circumstances

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:13 am

Hi Bunny,

It's quite open here now. Though cases are rising at a terrible rate and talk of a third 'booster' jab is in the air.

There is no longer a need to wear the dreaded mask in most settings now, except in hospitals and on buses, trains and the kind. And though many still do wear one anyway, I do not, for once it was on I would often not take it off until I was either in a front of a mirror or back home. But, I am still careful with distancing and washing my hands.

There is almost nothing now that cannot be done here, life has quite returned to normal and though I wear one in the little job I have taken here, I never wear one at my antiques stall anymore.

I detest masks, even the prettiest ones are unflattering and smiles are lost beneath them. I am happy they are no longer required in most settings, though guarded caution remains with me. I am worried that this Winter could be another bad one with Covid-19.

Celia xx

Activities in the current circumstances Mtm  Activities in the current circumstances Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Activities in the current circumstances Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:57 am

It appears the vaccine is effective against the alpha form of the COVID-19 virus, but the delta form is quite virulent, especially against the un-vaccinated.

I grew up in the 1950s, at the tail end of the polio epidemic. EVERYONE rushed to get the original Salk polio vaccine in 1955 and also the Sabin second edition in 1961.

I had a two kids in my neighborhood contract that disease. One survived, but only after a year in an iron lung and he walked afterwards with a limp from a shortened leg. My Wife introduced me to her internist who was also a polio survivor from the 1940s. He walked with crutches until he needed a wheelchair.

I do not understand the politics of vaccines. The current COVID vaccines are safe, with adverse affects in the less than 0.001% of those taking the vaccine. There is similar tact going on with 'influenza' vaccines. There was a hysteria over the flu vaccine with the unfounded notion the vaccine caused autism.

When I was in the Navy in the '60s I was given at least 14 different vaccines and I never suffered anything more than a sore injection site and a flu-like feeling.

Unfortunately, I have a Son in his 50s, smarter than me, who is still not convinced he needs to be vaccinated.

Yes, masks are an annoyance and for me, masks make it difficult hear someone speak to me as I need to see an individual's lips to understand what is being said to me.

WEAR THE MASK.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:05 pm

I will be reading slowly.. sorry.. I will be posting on this thread though...

luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:03 am

Hi Everyone,

Well first I'd like to say I don't know what Dragoncon is Lucky, but maybe it's an American thing? Those pictures seem nice though, are they yours?

As for vaccinations, I had my Covid jabs without quibble. I had all the jabs offered to me in life, including the hep b ones, BCG etc.

I also had a blood test, which the NHS do for staff. It found I had already had had, by adulthood measles, Chicken pox and shingles, even though I have never experienced symptoms from any of those diseases, it was very strange.

Apart from my new part time work, which I won't divulge to closely online, it is absolutely required to wear a mask again, but outside of that workplace, I would almost be the odd one out in shops and other indoor settings, most do not wear them at all now.

Quite a few people don't wear them properly anyway and as you say Miki, they have trouble hearing someone speak with them and can be inaudible anyway. Refuseniks cause trouble by not wearing them or those looking for an argument too, but we cannot make them wear them, it is not law per se.  

There seems to be quite a general reluctance against masks and lockdowns now, though I am sure the vaccine boosters will be taken up when offered.

I am too young to remember the polio thing, but I do recall my Mother telling me that if I did not dry my feet properly, between my little toes, I would catch it!!!! I believe she truly believed that.....

I remember reading this in the past, by the way. It made me chuckle! But do excuse the newspaper's word use to describe the person, I do not agree with calling people names....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8283957/Covidiot-explains-cut-hole-face-mask-makes-easier-breathe.html

Celia xx

Activities in the current circumstances Mtm  Activities in the current circumstances Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Activities in the current circumstances Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:53 pm

dragoncon is a fandom convention... with no particular fandom in mind.... it is just were nerd get together every year and geek out.... I will be catching up with the post today.... the pictures are mine...

luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:46 am

Incredible moment Kentucky Covidiot explains she has cut a hole in her face mask because it 'makes it easier to breathe'
The headline says it all.

As for testing postive for shingles, just be glad you didn't catch an outbreak case. I had an outbreak, under my right breast, that lasted 3 weeks with a pain level sometimes in the 11's.

THEN, I had what is known as 'postherpetic pain', which lasted nearly six months. Interesting thing about PHP - it will raise its very ugly head at will. More than once, in the middle of a corporate meeting I would drop to my knees with a shooting pain approaching a 14 on a scale of 10. Oh, joy.

On the other hand, I test positive for TB, but I never had the symptoms. Probably picked it up in The Phillipines or Hong Kong when my boat stop at the ports for liberty.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum