The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Progesterone??

3 posters

Go down

Progesterone?? Empty Progesterone??

Post  RebeccaMarie Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:01 pm

So my doctor wants to start me on progesterone right off the bat but one of my trans gal friends living in France is warning me not to take the stuff as it will hurt my breast development if it's added too early

Is this true should I not take it I really don't want to hurt my growth

should I hold off for awhile if so when?
RebeccaMarie
RebeccaMarie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Progesterone?? Empty Re: Progesterone??

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:43 pm

First - Do not rely on information from the internet, or friends in France.

Secondly - if you think there is a possible issue with a drug/procedure request - then ask YOUR DOCTOR about the issues you have.

The internet/friends/others should at best be a jumping-off point to the information you need to move forward.

Remember, a Retired 4-star general (Michael Flynn, disgraced in my opinion) disclosed on an alt-right podcast was told by a friend of a friend of a friend that the U.S. CDC was going to start putting the COVID-19 vaccine in the salad Dressing - WTF- SALAD DRESSING!

I have COPD, and I often search the internets for new treatments. Last year I came across a new stem-cell treatment. New, as in it is a non-CDC/FDA approved treatment, and the clinic offering this treatment is quite upfront about that fact. It does seem to work, but is quite expensive and insurance won't cover the cost.

I asked my pulmonogist about the procedure and he was supportive of the goals but the data doesn't show, currently, a good success rate. I will keep searching the internets for new information - but the internets, and a friend of a friend of a friend won't be the last point of my search.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:47 pm

YMMV, always ask your doctors. I started progesterone about 2 months after starting E and spiro. Did not like spiro so I cut it out and upped progesterone to 200mg a month later. I have had relatively great success with breast development. I have been on that specific combo for 6 months and getting close to filling a c cup. I might point out however, that another side effect can be increased facial or body hair. I have never heard of progesterone hampering early growth. It is the hormone that causes the milk ducts and stuff to develop, which naturally gives more volume. I think that hormones are rife with misinformation, and personal anecdotes claimed to be facts as well as relatively outdated or outright invalid medical research. I came here as well to discuss with people I could actually talk to. I would recommend asking your physician, and if you like even a second opinion doctor. Looking forward to hear about your experience further on. =^_^=

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:14 am

For health reasons, my VA endocrinologist vetoed Spironolactone. She suggested a testosterone blocker with the trade name Eligard. It is a 6-month depo injection (an amount is placed under the skin and 'leaks' out over a six-month period of time when the injection is refreshed). It is not terribly painful - my first shot hurt like hell, but the last two were nearly painless.

My testosterone after a month was <10 ng/dL where it would normally be in the range (I was always low) of 175-780. Prior to the Eligard, my t-load was around 100.

Eligard is primarily for patients with late-stage prostatic cancer and it 'kills' testosterone.

See if your doctor will recommend Eligard (generic Leuprolide). The injection needs to be done be a nurse.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum