The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electrolysis?

5 posters

Go down

Electrolysis? Empty Electrolysis?

Post  RebeccaMarie Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:47 am

Has anyone had electrolysis done how much was it for you for just laughs I actually reached out to a local electrolysis doctor and just ask how much it could usually cost and he quoted me at $12,000 for just the facial hair

What..is that true I couldn't afford that in a year..
RebeccaMarie
RebeccaMarie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Electrolysis? Empty Re: Electrolysis?

Post  Tara Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:45 pm

I probably paid that much total, but it was not all at once. It was over a period of about four years, weekly at first, then fortnightly, and then monthly before the end.

I am now at the point where I can maintain my face with tweezers, with the very occasional swipe with a razor. Even then, what's left is mostly finer and lighter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:01 pm

Yep, you will likely end up spending your future inheritance getting everything (face/groin) removed. I know girls who are well past $40,000 getting heavy beards removed. Scrotal hair is less but there are different techniques. I believe one surgical provider scrapes the 'inside' of the scrotal sac - sounds yucky to me.

Electrolysis is painful, at least for me. I asked my dermatologist about Lidocaine shots and he was very accommodating. My first electrolysis technician was right down the block so that was convenient.

But the Lidocaine would wear off too soon for my comfort. There is a place in Phoenix, https://senzapelo.com/ that has a really nice physician assistant on call that will inject the Lidocaine. If you can make it to Phoenix - this is the place to go. Their prices are fair, but it is in Phoenix. This place is a 750-mile drive (1-way) for me. I made 4 trips and I spent around $5,000 to get just a bit of a light beard removed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  RebeccaMarie Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:53 pm

What kind of job do you guys have to afford this stuff!?! I'm a cashier and I bring in like $600 biweekly I have no hope of ever getting this kind of stuff what do you guys recommend for it
RebeccaMarie
RebeccaMarie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:26 pm

Laser, it ain't cheap, electro, even more expensive (over time).

It depends on how vital it is to look like you have no facial hair.

My girlfriend D'arcy has spent on Laser. Getting close to a 1000. Laser won't touch white hair. So even after 1000 bucks, she still spends effort while watching TV plucking casually at her chin. And it never seems enough.

Me, I can shave in the morning, and regardless of how smooth I get (usually very smooth) at the end of the day, I can feel it coming back. But even a good multi-blade razor isn't that expensive. Beats dropping 150 bucks for a laser visit.

So I'm unsure where to give advice. I'd need to see your face damned close to give a clear informed comment.
I have a young friend, early 20s, fucking cute as hell, ideal figure, noticeable shadow though. I doubt she can shave close enough to matter. But she has agoraphobia too. How much does it matter, if she refuses to go out?

I have seemingly indestructible skin. I can shave with a cheap shit dollar store razor aggressively and not harm my skin. I can get great results. I don't wear makeup daily. No one sees any reason to think I have facial hair to start with. Unless I don't shave for 48 hours. Covid has sure helped with that. I can't go anywhere without a mask. No one sees my face to start with.

So until covid leaves, you might not need to give a damn.

So it gets to, how badly is this even a problem?
Ya, you don't want untended facial hair on a date. So shave first. Do a good job.
Once the date finds out you are transgender, they either still want you or they don't. If they want you, I don't think the reality that you have to shave in the morning will be an issue.
I think body hair is a bigger thing. But hormone therapy gets rid of body hair.
I think needing a bikini wax is more important (in the summer), than facial hair worries.

If I could afford electro, would I want it? Maybe. For my chin and upper lip at least.
But it's a lot of accumulated cash. I'd rather spend the money on fun things and focus on enjoying life. That's just me though. I was blessed with durable facial skin.

Look at my picture closely. That's clean shaven, no makeup at all other than lipstick.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:42 pm

Lesley raises an important point. The amount of beard shadow you get depends on the contrast of your hair color to your skin tone, and different people have different coarseness of facial hair. If you have thick, dark facial hair, and pale skin, you're going to have a much harder time of it.

If that contrast is not too great, and the hair is not too heavy, then regular shaving may be sufficient. You can also use a concealer or foundation. That certainly can work until you have sufficient income or savings to pay for a more permanent solution, if you even want to pursue that.

An important point is that you don't have to get it all done at once, though it is advisable to get several sessions over the period of a two or three months to hit all the follicles during their growth cycles. So you can save up for it, and do a few sessions, then take a break. Obviously it will take longer that way, but eventually you'll see a dramatic difference.

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:49 am

Hi Everyone,

I had laser some years ago now and I am told it is not nearly as painful as electrolysis, so electrolysis must be very painful. I had fine brown facial hair and pale skin, so it was. It never disappears completely.

Almost everything that has been said is good advice and correct, so I will only add a couple of points.

As per usual, we are the perfectionists and strive for perfection, so unless you truly are quite like Desperate Dan, (if you know who he is/was), remember that all women have some degree of facial hair,. It is a multi billion market and will ever be so. The answer is to reduce it to an acceptable level and yes some capital is required to do so.

When one looks at any woman, sometimes even when made up and especially dark brunettes and raven haired, quite often a shadow can be seen, it is the degree of a shadow that we can struggle with. Even grey hair casts a blue from the non telegon, growing hair, for they often have black bulbs.

As a frugal alternative, there is a well known make up trick plenty of cis women use. Now, you may or may not be aware of it, for I do not wish to be called to be the egg sucking headmistress of your parents Mother!!!!

Before applying foundation use either red/orange/pink concealer, (red for the darkest etc.). first in the required area.

Go lightly, for caking is more likely with it, a thin application of a quality concealer is enough. Do ensure it is completely dry before applying your foundation. It does work and will prevent any shadow from showing. If you have applied lightly, the concealer will disappear under the foundation. If it does not, grab those wipes and start again with a lighter layer of concealer.

On the down side, it does mean that if you like to use a base serum at the right tackyness, it unfortunately will dry before you apply foundation also. If you are careful, you may apply the base layer serum around the rest of the areas you wish to apply foundation.

Celia xx

Electrolysis? Mtm  Electrolysis? Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Electrolysis? Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:19 pm

My D'arcy, a great example.

5 seconds out of bed, she looks like my husband Smile
5 seconds after finishing her makeup, she looks so good she seems outta ma league Smile

She had done laser, is still plucking.
She has sensitive skin so shaving is not fun.
But she knows how to apply makeup very well, and it sure works.

If you are over 40, you likely missed your moment to fret over long-term solutions.
If your skin is sensitive, the best course may well be mastering a makeup routine.
And you won't be the only girl in the pharmacy grumbling about beauty standards Smile

You don't need to go out of your way to look like a model though. You may just need to master a basic concealing process and lipstick. You don't need fancy eyebrows, and exotic eyes, and fancy contouring. You just need to give the upper lip and chin some help. You can pick a hair style that helps just as much as anything else.

I never wear my hair up. Too much face and my neck is massive. A style that curves inwards can eliminate a need to fret over your sideburn area and outer cheeks.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:32 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:
If you are over 40, you likely missed your moment to fret over long-term solutions.
I disagree on this one. I started electrolysis at 49, and am very happy with the results. Everyone is different.

Lesley Niyori wrote:
And you won't be the only girl in the pharmacy grumbling about beauty standards Smile
Very true! The only perfect women exist on magazine covers, not in real life.

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:05 pm

I have updated my avatar to a photo taken in June of this year. I was wearing no concealer or foundation, just some rouge, lipstick, and eye makeup. Electrolysis made a dramatic difference! If I were to post a "before" photo (which I won't), you would see plenty of shadow on my freshly shaved face.

So, is electrolysis or laser expensive? Probably one of the most expensive feminisation steps you can take. Makeup is much cheaper!

Is electrolysis painful! Hell yes! The pain can be ameliorated a bit with topical Lidocaine or injections, but after a while I learned to sort of transcend the pain by focusing elsewhere. Podcasts were helpful!

Everybody's situation is different, in terms of things like finances, hair colour, hair coverage, and so on. But, to sum it all up, I'm thrilled with the results. The combination of electrolysis and growing out my hair has me being almost exclusively recognised as female by people who did not previously know me.

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Celia Eriksson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:24 am

Tara

Electrolysis? Smiley10

You look GREAT!

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:21 am

You look good Tara.

Without a word of a lie, you look cis female.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:15 pm

You look beautiful Tara!!!!!!

Electrolysis? Cool

Electrolysis? Mtm  Electrolysis? Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Electrolysis? Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:56 pm

Aww, thank you all!

I wasn't fishing for compliments, though I'll happily take them. I was trying to show that electrolysis can be very effective. Expensive, yes. Painful, yes. You have to weight the costs against the potential benefit for you.

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:24 pm

Tara wrote:I wasn't fishing for compliments...

Buy you caught some goods, enjoy!

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum