The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creeping TERFism in the BBC

3 posters

Go down

Creeping TERFism in the BBC Empty Creeping TERFism in the BBC

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:14 am

I came across this about a BBC report that incorrectly stated lesbians are being duped by transwomen into having sex with them:
The article quotes three unnamed lesbians who said they had been coerced into dating trans women, and used research many have criticized as biased.
https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/lesbians-stand-trans-women-open-letter-dangerous-bbc-article-rcna3903https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/lesbians-stand-trans-women-open-letter-dangerous-bbc-article-rcna3903

The article was based upon a self-selecting poll of members of a lesbian organization that wants the 'L' out of LGBT as they don't want to be associated with us.

Well, I am nearly as guilty as I want the term LGB...T to be the more accurate representation - but I still want the gay portion of the acronym to stand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Celia Eriksson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Creeping TERFism in the BBC Empty Re: Creeping TERFism in the BBC

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:19 am

Hi Michaela,

The article is very positive, which is good news. Such people exist in all communities that would try and fool people into relationships, sexual or otherwise.

Particularly this occurs with people pretending that they are not married or already part of a relationship, far greater a percentage, I would hazard as probable, than the few baddies that are within our ranks.....

...but such a headline would not glean many clicks as bait, for it is so commonplace.

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creeping TERFism in the BBC Mtm  Creeping TERFism in the BBC Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Creeping TERFism in the BBC Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:31 pm

I agree the article is positive and I wasn't picking at the UK, but simply trying to point out there is TERFism in many places - and that it has an attractive voice in some quarters, especially against transfolk as we become a more visible group.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:30 pm

Let the terfs stalk off. In fact let me rephase that, let them fuck off.

They want their L back, fine with me. I've already taken my T back.

"Strength in numbers" I don't automatically subscribe to that. The customer isn't always right either.

Sure, not all are bad. I know plenty of cis lesbian friends. I don't know many cis gay men I want to respect. The thing is, by numbers, I'm likely to say most of my REAL friends are cis heteros. I don't automatically hate people for being cis hetero.

I know of no shortage of transgender people I'd rather NOT know. It's why this is the ONLY place that is transgender that I participate in for transgender dialogue. Because the rest all failed me.

Coerced into dating transgender women? That's like me saying I'm being coerced into dating gay men, or gay men are being coerced into dating transgender men. It's all bullshit being pushed by people who likely are not datable, to begin with.

The grass is NOT greener anywhere.

After 4 years of doing my best, I finally end up with a transgender woman for a partner.
Lesbians were not happening, gays were not happening, and the few hetero men I encountered, I was glad it didn't happen after meeting them.

I see a lot of "I wouldn't want to date you" out there in media. Jesus Christ on a crutch, they actually think I'd want to date THEM?

What needs to be said, is plenty of the transgender community, DO NOT WANT a lot of lesbians and gays. Not only are we not trying to trick/coerce them, but we'd also like to have better ways we can find out more about them before we even notice them long enough to think about them.

What does a TERF even have to offer me? Less than nothing. At least a humdrum cis hetero man has a functioning cock. There's nothing special about having a vagina. I have one too, and while I like it just fine, it's just a vagina.
What does a gay man have to offer a transgender man? Not much either. Sure they have a cock. But not all transgender men dream of being knocked up.

Actually, as men go, I find transgender men are likely better at being men than cis men gay or hetero.

I don't do Pride anymore. The queer scene is no longer my scene. I'm transgender...ONLY. I celebrate being transgender on my own days. The only reason you will see me at a Pride event, is as a guest, not a participant.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:35 pm

Regarding the link, I'm glad to see that it was referencing another article that is NOT being supported by the larger majority out there. BBC has dropped the ball before. 60 minutes is guilty of that too.

The JKs of the world need to know, we ain't yer friend, and we ain't buying your goods. Second hand is ok, or free watches online. But she can forget my cash ever helping her.

Are there bad apples out there? damn right.
Transgender people are human too.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum