The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weight gain

4 posters

Go down

weight gain Empty weight gain

Post  Kidagakash Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:08 am

Is it common to experience weight gain at a level of 20 or 30 lb when you start hormones?
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

weight gain Empty Re: weight gain

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:37 am

I had read of such before and knew that it does occur. It usually is so that lean muscular body fat will increase in transgender men and decrease in proportion in transgender women. Whereas with body fat it is vice versa.

But, over all, it appears that body weight, on average does increase. I believe the average weight change is far below your weight change though.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27572683/

I personally gave up eating refined sugars. I do eat sugars through natural foods, such as bananias, apples etc. Exercise and drinking more water helped keep my weight down too, but then I have never been very large, always within 8st - 8st.-10lbs, (c.110-120 pounds).

Sugar is the sure way of piling on the pounds. By giving up sugary foods and acquiring a more savoury taste, limiting the amounts, eating small bites slowly, savouring every bite, exercising just fifteen to thirty minutes a day and upping your water intake, (during the day, not in the evening for obvious reasons), will help you a lot.

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
weight gain Mtm  weight gain Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2weight gain Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Kidagakash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:49 pm

Transgender gals lose metabolism, gain weight.

Transgender guys, gain metabolism, shed weight.

Do I have facts to support this? No.

I just know of several gals who gained and guys who lost.

We gals just need to try harder now to keep it off. Our skin gets softer, easier to damage, longer to repair. It clears up. It goes towards less body hair, well it gets so fair it's hard to see actually. We stop suffering male pattern hair loss.

But we get fatter, softer, more round. We look younger.

I'm willing to say, this stabilizes. But for about 3 years, you get to worry about old clothes fitting.
Your muscle mass lessens. That will affect arms measurements most I think.

Just how much changes are likely based on a lot of factors. Do you increase eating from mood swings? Do your habits change? Does your activity levels change?

I am soooo not the same person I was on day one. Not even close.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Kidagakash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MyNicky Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:49 am

I've got a bit of a belly now where there wasn't one before! Not just lockdown-diet, I don't think 😅
MyNicky
MyNicky

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:25 pm

Hi Honey,

I see lots of women, young and old with drop dead gorgeous figures that are spoilt by a prominent tum tum. There is only two ways to rid of it...

So one is starving yourself to look like a stick insect, without any guarantees either that it will fall of the tum first and the dangerous spectre of finding yourself with a very unhealthy eating disorder that can prove a disaster.

The second is the small bother of exercise. Their are lots of videos on youtube showing very good advice how to do so. I avoid weights, I do not want to keep a neat tum tum at the price of having arms like a Gorilla!!!!

Here is a good one, just a measly fifteen minutes a day.... go easy on the plank and side bridges though.

There is an exercise that began in Japan I believe and it's called The Prayer Pose. It is supposed to improve the bust. Now, any improvement there would de facto help the tum. It seems weird, but does work, don't overstrain though.... "Prayer pose. Keep your arms extended and press palms together for 30 seconds. Bend your elbows at 90 degrees and press palms towards each other in front of the chest. Repeat."

This kind of shows it at the end of the vid..... though she has her hands going a little higher than I would do...

There's lots out there!!!!! And cut out the evil refined sugar!!!!! It is evil!!!!! Eat well, look good!!!!

Celia xx

weight gain Mtm  weight gain Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2weight gain Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum