The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dad said this (so well)

5 posters

Go down

My dad said this (so well) Empty My dad said this (so well)

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:52 pm

My dad posted this, I'm impressed at how he so totally aced it. so I'm quoting him.

I'm fully vaccinated and, no, I don't know what's in it - neither this vaccine, the ones I had as a child, nor in the Big Mac, or hot dogs, or other treatments…whether it's for cancer, AIDS, the one for polyarthritis, or vaccines for infants or children.
I also don't know what's in Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, or other meds, it just cures my headaches & my pains.
I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos, vaping, Botox and fillers, or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo or even deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and washed their hands.
In short ...
There's a lot of things I don't know and never will…
I just know one thing: life is short, very short, and I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or staying locked in my home. I still want to travel and hug people without fear and find a little feeling of life "before".
As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, polio, chickenpox, and quite a few others; my parents and I trusted the science and never had to suffer through or transmit any of the said diseases and,
I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:
* To not die from Covid-19.
* To NOT clutter a hospital bed if I get sick.
* To hug my loved ones
* To Not have to do PCR or antigenic tests to go to a restaurant, go on holidays and many more things to come ...
* To live my life.
* To see and hug my family and friends
* For Covid-19 to be an old memory.
* To protect us.
Text copied, feel free to do the same...I love youI love you
For those who are anti Vaxers. Just thank Dr. Jenner that you have lived thus far!
unquote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

My dad said this (so well) Empty Re: My dad said this (so well)

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:49 am

Wow!

This is a guy I’d like to meet. So spot on.

Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:04 pm

Two thumbs up to your dad!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:44 pm

At least 14 thumbs up for your dad.

HIV/AIDS became a political disease because of the activities of the gay communities - and the politicizing of HIV/AIDs may have caused it to linger longer in the communities because - well it was a political disease and many researchers tired of the hassle.

COVID-19 is now a political disease because the alt-right, and the ignoramuses among them, has decided this is their best place to stand their ground against the forthcoming wave of progressives who want to destroy their false 'peaceful' lifestyle. Many healthcare workers are leaving healthcare because they are now seeing those patients who refused the vaccine and are now presenting in EDs with full-blown COVID-19 disease. (There are also many healthcare workers who are refusing the vaccine and this is something I do not understand.)

COVID-19 is a coronavirus. It is in the same grouping as:

• MERS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS)
  • SARS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes the severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS)

MERS will kill you - it is a very dangerous disease.
SARS will kill you - it is a very dangerous disease.

If there were viable vaccines for MERS and SARS and we became involved in a similar pandemic, I will bet you a bunch of money that most people would get vaccinated. But, because China was the likely source of the COVID-19 virus and Tr**P had to get involved, the FoxNewses of the rightwing world picked up a new method of controlling their audiences and we now have the COVID-19 virus to also become a political disease.

So, even any of my girlfriends here don't get vaccinated for COVID-19, or anything else - then SAME ON YOU!

When I was in the U.S. Navy, I received ~14 vaccines prior to heading over to Vietnam. I don't know if the vaccines worked, but I didn't get any of the diseases these 14 vaccines were designed to protect.

The one vaccine I didn't get and should have was for shingles. I had chickenpox when I was young so I knew I was at risk but the vaccine wasn't covered by my insurer. Sure as anything, I had a case of shingles in 2008 and it was a very rough case. What happened afterwards was even worse. There is something called Postherpetic Neuralgia. The pain from this lingering side effect of shingles would hit me at random times during a day and the pain was always an 11 or 12 on a scale of 10. It would literally drive me to my knees in agony. This was an embarrassment when it would occur in a meeting.

The analog to Postherpetic Neuralgia is what is happening to many patients who survive COVID-19 and these patients are now known as 'Long Haulers'. The symptoms for the Long Haulers are varied, but some are so devastating as to ruin lives.

About 8 years ago, I acquired a 'bird flu' like virus call Human Metapneumovirus. It kept me in the Stanford Hospital, in isolation, for 8 days. Fortunately, my COPD was held in bay and I survived this bout with a very dangerous virus.

I WILL NOT SURVIVE COVID-19.

GET VACCINATED!

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Lesley Niyori likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:27 pm

Hi Everyone,

Michaela, you would not believe the attitude a minority have about vaccines and masks here. I have witnessed it, many times, first hand.

It was hard enough when masks were mandatory..... but despite the evidence that masks DO suppress the spread of covid-19, influenza and the lesser common cold, the government here decided to make it optional..... even in hospitals. This dubious, daft, deed they did in July.

We politely ask patients to wear a mask, understanding that people with respiratory problems are exempt. They have sunflower badges on sunflower lanyards. Even if they do not we take them for their word. Masks are provided upon tables at all hospital entrances.... yet still they find their way to the inner core where I toil....

... and then you would not believe the reaction of some, a minority, perfectly fit people upon being asked to wear a mask! The venom, the rudeness, the attitude, usually with a refusal, if not, soon the mask is either off or pulled down to the chin or upper lip.....  we say nothing, we are mostly gentle souls....

.... though, bear in mind that on my ward, and most others, there are very, very vulnerable people, that like you, would have grave difficulties contracting Covid-19.

I shall not write more of it, for it is against the rules actually. But as I am semi-retired, full retirement does not worry me at all, I would happily take it again, I am merely supplementing my income to buy lots of stuff. I just would like you to know how it is.

To not be vaccinated in the wake of a global pandemic is extremely foolish. It is not a rare occurrence recently to hear very ill patients publicly voice regret of not having been vaccinated.

Covid has slowly slipped down the headline pages. But it has not gone away. Yes, we are doing ok just now. Not great but ok. Sweden is doing well, despite never shutting down. Austria is in turmoil. She has now decreed that every Austrian able to, will have the vaccination BY LAW.... Germany is suffering too....

It is not over, by a very long chalk. I hope that one day the virus finally becomes harmless, it most likely will, the question is how long? Or, how long before this rotten bug either goes away or is benign?

Celia xx

My dad said this (so well) Mtm  My dad said this (so well) Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2My dad said this (so well) Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum