The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanksgiving

4 posters

Go down

Thanksgiving Empty Thanksgiving

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:51 pm

For those of us in the U.S., today is Thanksgiving Day - a day where we celebrate all of the goodness we received during the past year.

I am hard-pressed to jump up and down for all the goodness we received: (add your list)

• We did get rid of Tr**p, but we didn't get control of our government (FUCK Manchin and Sinema)
  • We went from $2.50/gal gas to $5.25/gal gas
  • We still have 60 million idiots who won't get a COVID vaccination
  • January 6 happened and while I am near the end of my life, my children aren't and they will have to live with the pieces of a lost democracy
  • It is now okay to bring an AR-15 to a demonstration and if someone doesn't like you having an AR-15 - shoot 'em, you'll be found not guilty because it was self-defense
  • If you are going to shoot a person of color jogging through your neighborhood, don't let the video out - you will actually get convicted of shooting someone
  • China is rearing its ugly head to make our ugly head look impotent and this is very, very scary

Oh fuck it - just enjoy your da with whatever family you have left and hope the coming year actually deserves a thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Empty Re: Thanksgiving

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:08 am

Blimey, to be archetypicacal....

Things are a bit rough over there, my Colonial Cousins.... makes things here quite a bundle of joy, just a bit of moaning about MPs other jobs, which they have always done.

Petrol her is about £6 a gallon, so you are still getting it on the cheap. I can't work it out exactly, well, not since they messed up our weights and measurements, we are in the wonderful position of using both in tandem. Such as miles, kilos, metres, pints..... yet petrol is measured in litres.... what a mess.

AND....and, no mention of the bug. Hope you all had a great day, let us know. Always feel a little left out, coz we don't do Thanksgiving.

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanksgiving Mtm  Thanksgiving Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Thanksgiving Kickitout                                                          
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:08 am

Hello, I'm living the dream here.

I might also be partially insane.

I don't have a Trump or a Boris, but aside from Justin looking cute, not sure what good he is.
He's just a different shade of useless from Erin O'Toole. What an appropriate name. He's a tool.

I'm not living in the Ukraine, or Syria, or Afghanistan.
Most of Europe looks full of anger.
Most of America looks full of anger.
Plenty of Canada is suffering climatically, but, it isn't like it is in Bangladesh or Holland, or Shanghai or Miami or Manhattan. Those places are all fucked. You can only make dykes/walls so high.

I am thankful that short of an ice age, nothing is going to happen here.
Nothing other than humans.

I hope China doesn't go to war because it won't just be them and the US. India hates them. Russia will not appreciate hell in their backyard either. I can only hope whatever crap happens is far enough from me.
I hope Nato doesn't think it can get involved in the Ukraine. That's a mess that won't go well.

I sure hope Trump and his fucking fanbase become a bad nightmare to be forgotten.
Fuck him, and fuck anyone that supports him.

So thankful it's not my problem.
But I have friends in the US. I worry about them.

My immediate personal life is boring, but safe inasmuch as anyone can be safe stuck on this planet.
I'm glad there is no God. Just one asshole I don't need to worry about.
His super-duper bad guy doesn't exist either.
There is no such thing as evil. But there's plenty of shitty humans to fill in the void.
Revelations isn't going to happen. There won't be any end times.
Christ died 2000 years ago if he ever existed, to begin with.

Thanksgiving, only an event for white folks. The indigenous of North America have nothing to be thankful for. They were lied to, robbed of their lands, systematically wiped out. I doubt many will be enjoying turkey this weekend.

I am not my forefathers or foremothers. I was born here. By fate and chance. I think Canada is mostly stolen land. But life is life. The indigenous got fucked over. They were lied to, I get lied to a lot too. It happens. Life isn't about fair. The country is called Canada. From the Pacific to the Atlantic. From the US border to the far arctic. The Canadian government isn't giving the land back. It was conquered the way it is always done.

But the Aussie aborigines say it best. Fleas arguing over who owns the dog.

I want to live with the land, not just on it. I don't want to own it, just use it for a while. Safely.

I am thankful I just happen to be sitting on one of the meteorologically safest places in all of North America. Surrounded by lakes that ensure the weather is always lesser here. No complaints. It never floods. Nothing but farmland. No forest fires. No volcanoes. No earthquakes. Too far inland for hurricanes.
The only thing dangerous in Lindsay is humans. But it's a small town, and not close to any metropolitan areas. Toronto is 90 minutes at highway speeds. I'm an hour by bike from just about total wilderness. North or me, the nothing much gets more and more empty. Eventually, you become the only person per square mile.

I am thankful even with all of the above.
Could be worse.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Celia Eriksson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:24 pm

Nice post Bunny. It's windy and it's raining. I have ironing and cleaning to do, so I procrastinate a little and will start at 2.30..... just put it off for a little while..... why not..... a cup of coffee and some ramblings....

Let's start.... I am an optimist by nature, if you knew me very well Bunny, you might well, correctly, chuckle at me for my having the notion that I shall live forever.

The Aboriginal quote is good. I like that. Truth is we all belong here, wherever. My folks did not move away, from NW Europe at least, they were not Colonials, no guilt here. Oh that was quite naughty of me.... so a big sorry!

North West Europe is a very nice place to live though, Scandinavia and the UK in particular. We also are not exactly in the hurricane/earthquake/tsunami belt here either.... It is why folk will risk their lives on dinghies not much more seaworthy than a child's paddling pool to get here across the treacherous English Channel. Even William The Conqueror had to wait months to cross in far superior vessels way back when....

Macron of France could save these poor folks lives now, but politics against the UK comes first it would seem.

A score and more died in one just this week. They were from Afghanistan, Kurds I believe.

I don't believe anger is rife here. Tolerance is for sure, thank heavens.... at least to unfortunate asylum seekers with good reason to flee their lands. We have always welcomed those that need sanctuary, and these are our lands, if there is such a thing, thinking of the wonderful Flea/Dog thing!

But there has to be a home for all people and that includes everyone, even us secular white and Christian white folk. We all need to share the planet, share the lands.

For example, all black folk, moved by choice or nay, cannot upsticks and go to Africa, any less than Colonial whites can trace their ancestors and come back to Europe.

All peoples have migrated in the past, the Chinese most of all and most widespread, modern Japanese are Chinese in origin, the Ai wiped off those islands long, long ago. Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindi, Jaines, Atheists, Flying Spaghetti Monsterers.... all human. All deserving of a home. And home is where you make it, skin colour or race does not enter any equation apart from the fact that all should be equal, wherever that home may be..

Saying anyone cannot enjoy Thanksgiving because they don't belong, especially when those saying it are not native either is quite ludicrous. Actually, just saying it is ludicrous, whoever says it. I support black rights, along with every other human's rights. I do not support stupid.

On Jesus though..... Whilst there is no archaeological evidence of Christ, Roman historians and politicians, with zero interest in furthering Christianity wrote of Christ. Tacitus and Flavius wrote such within decades of Christ's death. Pliny and Trajan mention him, all within the same century.

The number of Christians in Rome by then would also support his being, for it would be unlikely anyone would follow someone that did not exist just decades before.

Rather like my Great Aunt Ethel that died in the 70's, I remember her, I am telling you of her now. But, if I looked... imagine it is Judea 60-70 AD, I would have no evidence of her existence just 50 years later, even if I went to her house and started digging..... 2,000 years later, no chance of proving that dear, lovely lady walked this earth.

Yet, there is the pure accuracy of the NT gospels, that is without Christ's actual story, but of how Judea was and exactly how the Romans there lived and governed. Why would four different men write such, whenever they wrote of it? Most historians agree he lived.

And I am, as I think you already know, not quite a bible basher Bunny.

Celia xx

Thanksgiving Mtm  Thanksgiving Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2Thanksgiving Kickitout                                                          
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Lesley Niyori likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:01 pm

In a nutshell, this is how civilization will end:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/india-eroding-image-tolerance-west-recent-cricket-loss-proves-rcna6788

In the late 1990s, I worked as a senior consultant for a large international company (KPMG). The 'team' I was assigned to was made up of mostly Indians. The predominant religion/ethnicity was Hindu, but there were also Sikh, Jain, Tamil, Christian, and Muslim members of the group.

Each group, taken by themselves was pleasant enough and I enjoyed their company. The one Indian Muslim in the group and I became good office friends, but this poor guy was ignored and ostracized from the main group and he had a hard time fitting in.

He eventually left the company and headed back to India. I still miss him.

Don't let me start to discuss the Wahhabi team members from Eygpt who did their very best to muck up the place, especially if you weren't Muslim.

We, humanity, will never level the playing field snd allow everyone a decent chance at living a peaceful life. The 'haves' will close the gates and the 'have-nots' will eventually die off from starvation and sea-level rise, especially in South Asia and Southeast Asia.

Happy Thanksgiving.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:18 pm

I will be catching up with this post in a minute.

luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Yesterday at 10:53 pm

Oh Miki,

Sorry I have been very busy with getting Christmas prepared and preparing for another inspection by the domestic police.... yes my Mother is coming tomorrow....

But, after an afternoon of cleaning, do not get me wrong, my little moby is kept Bristol Fashion, but super cleaning, all that, after a morning's work, raising at 5.30 a.m., I have had a little wine this evening and hitting the net to see you talk of starvation.....

The World, now, not anytime in the future.... can feed itself four times over. With intensity and resources.... such as irrigation, use of many other non-arboreal land and other methods could multiply that by at least ten.

Climate and plastics are the true fly in the ointment with high population. The World population has doubled since my birth, scary, but with proper management it could quadruple yet and still survive.... The answer is to ditch plastics, reverting to glass and papers and use greener energy sources.

Glass is extremely cheap. Not now though, because glass factories gave way to plastic production. Plastic is no cheaper to produce. Now take a bottle of whiskey. Take away the tax, and the whiskey is cheaper to produce than the glass bottle..... ridiculous. Only because there are not so many glass factories and producers, it is made from sand for heavens sake!!!!!

But, I digress as usual Miki!!!! Well anyhow, there is no good reason for starvation. Disposed food alone today, could feed all under maltritioned people upon the planet at this very moment...

As for all the buffeting twixt the Russians, USA, China, Britain et al over not doing anything for anyone else in the world vis feeding and stopping lots of plastics and climate change... YET still buying, developing and producing more and more and more complex killer. murdering, awful, McNasty, weapons and super dooper horrid bombs and stuff..... I say POOH!!!!!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum