The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to being Maverick

4 posters

Go down

Back to  being  Maverick  Empty Back to being Maverick

Post  Mariehart11 Fri May 27, 2022 10:32 pm

I'm sure I mentioned before that I'm a pilot. It was my passion and in many ways it was a distraction from my  identity. A distraction from who I  am. I see that now.
But I  ended up being a  pilot. Desperately avoiding my

Last edited by Mariehart11 on Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:22 am; edited 4 times in total

Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Back to  being  Maverick  Empty Re: Back to being Maverick

Post  luckykunai Sat May 28, 2022 1:41 am

I am sorry. I didn't even get a sentence in and I was disapoi8nted in myself and impressed by you. I was thinking of a completely different kind of maverick. just had to point out you shattered my expectations right in the first line.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Sat May 28, 2022 5:57 pm

I should have mentioned 'Maverick' the was ironic nickname given to me

Last edited by Mariehart11 on Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat May 28, 2022 6:12 pm

With regards to the obvious movie, I loved it. Great sequel. Great flying scenes. Fun plot.

One of the damned few examples of worth a movie ticket. But as usual, I watched it on my computer. Even via a cam copy, it was great. I will likely get a proper purchased copy when it is an option.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Sat May 28, 2022 9:50 pm

Indeed Lesley, it's the one movie that both my wife and me want to see for quite different reasons. We'll drag our boys to see it although they seem unaware of it.

I saw the original with my sister back in the day. We both loved it. I remember I practically flew the bus home from the cinema. It was a double decker and we were at the front.

Even then I knew the flying scenes were totally unrealistic. I was already a pilot by then. But it never spoilt it for me.

Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue May 31, 2022 11:29 am

Hi,

I think it would do you a lot of good Marie, I know you like your flying. Every time we get into our cars is a danger, we just need to be super careful...... I am sure you are when you climb into the cockpit.

I have seen the old Top Gun at some point in my life, it's not my kind of film..... if I remember right, he had the white uniform? He does not do a great deal for me, but he does have something about him.... just too cutey looking for me. I prefer a tall, rugged Clint Eastwood, Gary Cooper or Bert Reynolds type of film star..... but I am simply too much of a realist to fawn upon such.

When it has it's day and comes on TV, I may watch the new one....

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to  being  Maverick  Mtm  Back to  being  Maverick  Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2         Back to  being  Maverick  IMG-0144-3                                                
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:39 pm

You're right C. I did like 'love' the flying at one point. Frankly I
was an enthusiast. I really had a romantic view of being a pilot. But when it became a job, as ever the romance faded.

I remember so many times, looking down at the spectacular view of the Earth below yet feeling bored. I just wanted to go home and be with my kids and have dinner. It was a grind, long hours and long days. It didn't pay well either. Yet I understood the privilege I was experiencing.

Perhaps now going back without compromise, possibly with my sons beside me. I can finally lay it to rest.

All I need to do is renew the medical, tough job, then a full flight test. Imagine doing your driving test again plus plus .
Pilots who lapse their ratings must complete a test again as if they never were a pilot..

Quite tough.

Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:49 pm

In further news. We as a family went to see the new Topgun. Great fun. Very entertaining. Afterwards I dragged out my old and I mean old 'Jacket Flyers CWU 45' as beloved by Maverick. Plus I reclaimed my Ray Bans from my son. My poor wife was greeted by a rather elderly 'Maverick' and my gleefull sons on her return from work.

We had a laugh.

But today I got an email for a job I've been watching out for some time. Again aviation related, not flying but training. I don't want to get too excited but I think it's a perfect fit.

Fingers crossed.

Mariehart11

Lesley Niyori likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down