The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant tangents.

4 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant tangents.

Post  Mariehart11 Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:51 pm

Yes the '87 storm. Michael Fish the weatherman never lived it down. It missed Ireland but I remember the Electricity Supply Board here offered
help. The RAF sent C130 Hercules which loaded up vehicles and techs to help out restore power. Our two countries are closer than some people pretend.

Iin a totally separate discussion. I'm WhatsApping my nearest sister right now. I have four of them.

But she's the closest. She just won a prize for a piece of writing. As in actual money. She tends to play it down.

In 2019 we went to a writing event together. Where I finally came out to her but leaving that aside it was clear she was a capable writer. Even working on a historical novel.

Nothing since. Now she wins a writing prize. Some old thing as she says.

I'm WhatsApping with her as I write this. She underestimates herself as typical of women of my generation. I'm pretty intolerant of this because I know her too well.
I adore her. She's smart, funny, capable, intelligent, creative and a lovely person. Try telling her that.
Yet she's insecure because as often as not her family underestimates her.

But there's the family lack of confidence. I challenged her that right now. She admitted it but threw it back at me but I'm not a talented writer and an all round success that she is.

She never went to university, it wasn't an option for us. But she did well in the bank she worked for. Transferred to the city of London. Bit of a high flyer
.Always successful but being a woman always underestimated.

So as you can clearly see. I absolutely adore her. We were so close as kids and we played together all the time . Plus we fought as siblings do.

Anyway goodnight as I just said to her.

I

Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant tangents.

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:46 am

The yard for me today Liz... it is a beautiful day. Though of course we call it the garden...

I am late for coffee as l did an ultra good clean for the pub. A new girl is doing Friday to Sunday.... then l got petrol...

Gosh! £36.51 for 4.5 gallons!!!! Only 101 miles covered!!@ As l drove home l thought Helga must be losing petrol... but l worked it out... it was spot on her 22-24 mpg....

I blame the Russian war! What a to do... l say it is a civil war really, but of course l sympathise for all involved. Ukranian, for being invaded and young Russians who no doubt would rather be home....  l hope it is resolved soon.

I telephoned the Doctor today, seeing her is nigh on impossible. I am getting rosacea, it is easy to cover and you would not know. l use little make up usually, but recently l have had to use a bit more founation and powder.

My trusty compact takes quite a bashing now, especially on a work morning, for l only have mazzy, eyebrow and lipgloss usually, for l start at 7, so up at 5.30... powder only to cover the red veiny nasties.

She is prescribing some stuff. I hope it works, if it does not, she said there is another topical cream too. And if that does not, then my old friend laservhas to come to the rescue, but l have to pay for that....

Anyway, garden beckons... coffee nearly over.

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 Mtm  Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2         Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 IMG-0144-3                                                
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:00 pm

My only obligatory task today is to go to the clinic to have my TB test read. I’ve signed up to be a volunteer at the VA hospital where I get my health care.

Another nice day here, high forecast to be 82°. By this time of year the sun is lower in the sky so it doesn’t beat down with such fierce intensity which makes for very enjoyably warm, balmy days.

The long term forecast is for another (3rd consecutive) La Niña weather pattern. Meaning a colder than usual winter with more moisture/snow. Here at my elevation that means mostly rain or wet snow. Here in the valley snow usually doesn’t stay around long as our average winter daytime high temps are in the 30°F range. But at higher elevations above 6000ft, the snow piles up and the more snow and the higher the water content of the snow, the better irrigation season we have, the better the sling is and the happier people are. Weather has such a dramatic emotional effect on us humans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~  Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:54 am

82 sounds ok, l like it about 75... we are about 60 daytime just now, though it is windy and feels cooler. You need a sweater if you go out, which l will soon to shop. I have to ask my elderly neighbour if he wants anything, he is housebound.

I have noticed Spiders trying to invest my moby. I do not give them a chance, l use a duster to remove webs and try and catch the Spiders. No more! It will be squish, squush, squish Spider wars from now on...!!!

... because l now know that my rosacea is stable, just some tiny veins, because another red blob has appeared near my lip edge...

...and another neighbour says one bit his leg in bed Monday, the rash and bump looks the same and l can see the two puncture marks, on my new bite, of a False Widow, the predominant arachnid in these parts. I had triage with the doctor again, she is now prescribing an antibiotic cream.

I sent her a picture and she thinks it is a Spider bite. I had noticed many more webs in my plantpots outside and they were all if the bulbousy False Widows. Woe is l, even with make up, the bump is very apparent.

Which brings me back to weather, the nights are getting cold, they want to enjoy my heating...

Which brings me back to the war in Ukraine... l will not turn off the heating, l don't care how much it will cost!

So, l am buying a couple of peppermint essences today and spraying it around. Apparently Spiders hate it and l hope they have their little suitcases ready, for it will be out, out, out, or squish, squush, squish!!!!

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 Mtm  Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 Ancestralnewhomeandrespectednations-2         Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 IMG-0144-3                                                
Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:42 pm

It’s that time of year when creepy craw lies are frenetically preparing for cold weather. I was at my book club Wed evening and we have dinner before we discuss the reading. As it was a beautiful evening we ate outside. The flies were maddening! Spiders are amassing to invade any protected space and wasps of assorted varieties are so aggressive as they work to prepare their progeny for the long winter sleep.

But I’m enjoying these lovely days we are having. Soon enough it will be cold with rain snow mix. The seasons keep marching ahead.

~  Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:28 am

Yes I  remember  once having a  seven  legged spider facing up to me as I  sat on the  sofa. I  stared at her and she  at me.
I wasn't  pleased  at this so I  captured her with the classic glass and card device. She was expelled into the  garden.

The following night as I  relaxed contentedly on my sofa, watching the varied and exciting televisual extravaganza broadcast to my very smart television. I noted a spider. She sat by the  fireplace regarding me with a  fierce  malevolence. I  thought 'not  another one'. Then I  saw with horror it's her, seven  legs. She's  back and this time she was bent on revenge. Suddenly she  charged directly at me. That is no  joke. I jumped onto the  sofa.

Anyway it ended the same way, glass plus card. I'm  brave, sort of so I won the war. . This  time she ended up in the neighbours  garden who was not  very friendly. She had it coming in my view.

While funny I'm  not  making it up. That  really happened.

SO I have a  lot of  respect for spiders and won't  kill them unless they  bite.

Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:39 am

Oh, she had been through the wars... l guess she was the Common Garden Spider, whilst very scary... gulp... and big... double gulp... gulp, gulp ... they are harmless.

It is surprising how many other species do bite though...

I had to rush into work at 7.15 this morning, the weekend cleaner went sick. I looked quite a fright and dashed around double quick....

Just got home and making my weekly treat, eggs and bacon... just those today, no sausages.... then it will be on with my canal art...

I am adding some rosemaling to the usual English canal style, it does work... here are two rosemaling designs on thr scuttle l am working on...

It is not finished yet, so looking rough around the edges, but here:

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 20221009-103230

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 20221009-103236

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:12 pm

Well I'd buy it. Looks good to me. Have you thought of selling them? You have quite the talent.
Something I lack.

No early start for me this morning. I had a very pleasant lie in.

But I was punished for this indulgence on a later shopping trip with my two teenage boys for whom a car ride is an opportunity to battle each other endlessly. 😡
I love them but I could kill them.

I prefer spider wars. Dumping the kids into the neighbours garden isn't an option. Sigh!

Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:50 pm

I’d buy them as well. You really should have an Etsy store and sell them to the world.

Yesterday morning and again this morning at about sunrise a female house finch has been tapping against my bedroom window very instantly. I’m not at all certain what in the world she wants! The tap rap tapping at my chamber window reminded me of the poem The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe. And of course this is the perfect time of year for reading Poe.

~  Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:48 am

Oh Liz, feed her!!! All she wants is some crumbs... l used to feed the birds. Yes, true to form l gave them everything! Three bird feeders, honeyed seed balls, well sticky stuff held them together, millet sprays... well you name it, l bought it...

I had lots and lots of birds! House Sparrow, Starling, Greater Spotted and Green Woodpecker, (the Green never actually ate my stuff though, they likes insects), Chaffinch, Great, Coal and Blue Tit, Ring-necked and Turtle Dove, Jay and more, my best spot at my smörgåsbord of delights was a Nuthatch!!! Very shy, he would fly or hide behind a tree if l was in sight!

Then along camexa single Columba Domesticus... then another, then five, then twenty and the daily stort måltid my feathery friends had long enjoyed had to be over... the feral Pigeon had closed my birdy diner.

My nearest neighbour is a little way away, we do get on very well, but the pidgies were mentioned.... l felt very guilty taking the goodies down, knowing little pairs of eyes were watching, probably wondering what they had done wrong..... but that is life.

On that note though, last year a neighbour spotted a Hoopoe in our nature reserve, apparently quite rare... we get Honey Buzzards and Common Buzzards aplenty here too. There calls can be heard often, though the Honeys are Summer only...

The art takes quite some time, l guess if l could sell them for 70, it would be viable, but there are printed ones out there for 20 and less designed painted ones for 30 odd. It would not pay...

Well, l must grocery shop. I have changed and ready to go.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:56 pm

Well, she is back this morning but not so insistent. I do feed the finches with a nice little feeder make just for the finch beak and have it filled with thistle seed. All manner of finches visit the feeder so I’m quite puzzled by this one’s behavior.

~  Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:41 pm

It's the Robins that  usually tap on windows. My late Mother told me how she had a Robin who  visited her everyday. Which she  fed.

Later in my own  house I  would  be sitting on my sofa on summer days with the patio doors open. In would  come the Robin looking for tidbits. Often it would perch on the arm of the sofa. We  were on nodding terms.

In our new house. I  set up a bird feeder. Our  back wall is ivy covered, ideal for garden  birds. In fact a Blackbird couple nested in the  ivy. Outside the wall are two magnificent native Scotch Pines perfect for woodland birds.

Now I'm  no 'twitcher' or bird watcher but  I  love birds. Eventually I  discovered that sunflower hearts attracted Blue tits, Great tits, Coal tits, Dunnock. But best of all Goldfinches. They are a beautiful bird almost tropical in  their  colours. Plus they  came enmasse, squabbling over the food.

I got  such  great  joy  from them. Watching them  from the kitchen  window.

But like Celia. The pigeons arrived. Completely ruined it. They sit on the  rooves nearby. They take over. They even  try to eat from the  feeders. The small  birds flee. It's like bloody Trafalgar Square.

That's  never  mentioned by the RSPB or the Irish  equivalent. I  don't  know whether to get  a gun  or a cat. One  of our  neighbours cats visits hopefully but  she scares off  all the  birds.

So I'm  disillusioned and I  miss my pretty  Goldfinches.
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:28 pm

I have a large picture window facing north in my living room. The lighting must be such that the birds see their reflection in it. So, every spring when the robins are amorous, male robins attack the rival male in the window full speed, over and over again, hard enough that they leave a splotch of feather dust at the site of impact. I find it amazing that they haven’t yet succeeded in killing themselves.

We have two species of doves here, native mourning doves and transplanted Eurasian Collard dove. There have been other species reported in Idaho, but these are the only two I’ve seen. Mourning doves are very polite around bird feeders, preferring to stay on the ground and clean up the spilt seeds. I’ve not seen the Eurasian birds frequent my feeders but I suspect their habits are similar. We also have pigeons, more correctly named Rock Doves, but I haven’t seen many here in my semi suburban location. They tend to prefer the cliffs and high perches found downtown among the tall buildings. Interestingly, building owners have enlisted the help of Peregrine Falcons to keep the pigeon population under control. Breeding pairs have been introduced into tucked away nooks in several buildings and have returned each year to rear their young on ample supplies of pigeon meat.

~  Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:53 pm

Yes we have the collared dove. Invariably they are a pair and invariably they are polite unlike their city cousins who regularly  crash into our patio doors which are also  north facing. They  should just  head into town and feed on left over  fast food  left by our student population. Them and their annoying friends the seagulls who despite our proximity to the Atlantic ocean haven't  found us in  the  leafy suburbs yet.

I'm glad of that.
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:02 am

Oh Gulls!!! We have them a plenty, l can walk to the sea in minutes, they are mostly Herring Gull and are too big for garden stalking!

They are noisy, l am quite the early birdy, so generally they don't bother me... apart from the large, very large little presents they drop upon poor Helga.

I have heard the Common Gull a few times... it actually is misnamed, it is not common at all. It mews like a cat, hence its folk name, Mew Gull. They are smaller...

Collared Dove have two distinct sounds, a trumpet like warning and a Cuckoo like call... many townies think that they have heard a Cuckoo, upon hearing this lovely little pinky tinged birdy...

I cannot recall seeing a Peregrine, but l have seen apart from Buzzard... Red Kite, Hen Harrier, Kestrel and of course Sparrowhawk in these parts. The female Hen Harrier being just the once, it is a rare Winter only birdy in these parts...

Sitting under one of my Apple trees one morning, l heard quite a thump, then rustling. I looked up as a Sparrowhawk carried off a poor little Robin who had been singing moments before... the scene of the 'murder' was in the next tree, just yards from me. The Sparrowhawk flew low over my fence to the nature park and was gone...

So it is auction day again. I have finished my coffee and will look and see if l want to take anything along... if not l will go tonight to buy only.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:45 pm

I once  saw a Sparrowhawk take a Sparrow in mid air. I've  seen any round here though. Precious few Sparrows either. Actually it's very quiet bird wise at the moment. Maybe it's the weather. One day it's bright and autumnal, next  day wet and miserable. Being like that for a week or so. Flip flopping weather.

Dull day out today. Time for some housework. I was tidying in the  bedroom when I came  across a box of old stuff which of course distracted me. Then hit me with a combination of nostalgia and dysphoria. The company I worked for back in the eighties and nineties produced a quarterly glossy in house magazine. The sort of thing the website covers today.

On the backcover was a lineup of all the office girls wearing their new uniforms as chosen by themselves. Green skirt, blue jacket with  a nice scarf/cravat over the classic white blouse. There was a immediate hit of nostalgia because many were  friends and colleagues. Aisling, Michelle, Grace, Mary Jo, Karin, Geraldine and more. I  was definitely one of the girls needless to say but I  wasn't in the picture modelling my new uniform sadly.

I was so jealous when they got their uniforms. I  did the same predominantly female job, Clerk Typist. Much like  nursing is mostly female I suppose. So we chatted and gossiped a lot, went out for lunch together, socialised together.  But no uniform for me. I  wouldn't have  recognised it at the time but I was hit with dysphoria. I even went out and bought my own office uniform and dreamt of wearing it to work.

So as I sit here I'm filled with both dysphoria and nostalgia. I wonder what happened to all those smiling young women. All in their fifties by now. I'd bet they'd be surprised that I'm married with  children. I  suspect they simply assumed I was gay given my obvious feminine demeanour. One, Geraldine came straight out and asked just before I left the company for imagined greener pastures. I couldn't honestly say yes but I  couldn't honestly admit to myself who I was at the time. Sometimes I  think I should have simply said I was gay. So much  easier.

I  worked there for  nearly fourteen years. The company is long gone as is the Clerk Typist job. Even in my time typewriters were replaced by PCs.

Our old office lies empty now,  populated only by the phantoms of our previous selves.

Ah nostalgia.

Last edited by Mariehart11 on Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:31 pm

My avian alarm clock showed up precisely at 8am like each of the past 4 mornings. What strange behavior.

We have a multitude of raptor here, as well as the World Center for Birds of Prey operated by the Peregrine Fund. They are very skilled at conservation of endangered raptor species as well as rehabilitation of injured birds. There are a part of American Kestrals that nest in my neighbor’s Cottonwood trees each year that keep vermin under control. The colloquial name for them is sparrow hawk because of their small size. Ther is also a resident population of larger hawks, though I haven’t made the effort to learn to identify individual species. On one occasion there was even a Bald Eagle that flew through another neighbor’s yard. They are actually fairly common here as they nest and overwinter along the Boise river that passes through downtown

As odd as it sounds we have a multitude of sea birds in the area as well. Gulls, Terns, Skimmers, Skuas, Jaegers and Brown Pelicans according to an Idaho birding guide.

Marie I empathize with your memories of your co-workers uniforms. Long before I recognized and admitted to my truth I always marveled, and was envious of the wide choices and creative ways women dressed. As I transitioned and was able to let that part of me speak I found that I actually have a fair sense of style and skill at putting together an outfit. At least that’s the feedback I get from other women, both friends and strangers. Though my everyday go to attire is jeans and a simple top, I love dressing to the nines when I can. It’s a pity there are so few opportunities. As a result, I am often just at the boundary of being over dressed at times.

Well, time to get ready for the day’s appointments. What to wear, what to wear?

~  Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:44 pm

Your  little bird alarm clock is unusual. Cute though. I hope none of the local raptors figure out that the early bird means breakfast.😥  We don't have many  raptors but they have reintroduced Sea Eagles in some areas. Not round here of course. In any  case I don't think the local  'murder of crows would tolerate a raptor. Very intelligent birds, crows. Once walking home across a  green area where some  crows were pecking about. Suddenly one  seemed to  recognise me. It called out and approached me. I  realised I'd fed them previously. They followed me home and sat expectantly on the wall waiting for a snack. Since  then I  read that crows recognise faces. Very smart.

I  know what you mean about overdressed. I certainly do. But I  need to of course. I also think we often can be stuck with the  fashion of our  heyday. With  me it's the eighties.

Pencil  skirts, with  slits, barely black or white tights. Court  shoes. Lady Diana of course. I  remember buying  my first  pair of high heels. Dunnes Stores in Kilnamanagh. The checkout out girl joked about me wearing them. I laughed saying I  didn't think size 6 would fit me. She laughed but of course they did fit me. I could  wear a size 5 at times. They were my favourites until I  dumped them after I  married thinking I'd shed my past. (UK sizes btw Liz)

Yes I  do think our fashion sense gets stuck in time. But not always. On the other hand I  purse  my lips at the current  fashion for very tight leggings that are too revealing gynecologically speaking. I  can't  help  feeling that in the future photographs of this time might be embarrassing for them as Mothers.😄

I should  talk. The dirty little secret of the eighties was that men wore very tight jeans with lycra. Tiny shorts too. No photos exist. I hope.🤭
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:09 pm

I've  changed the title. All invited to my little  space it's a  real place, a table overlooking Galway bay, outside a coffee shop I  know. It  has a chess  board no one  uses and a gull  who loiters hopefully nearby.

When the  weather is  mellow,  grey or blue it's  heaven on Earth. In a storm, a regular event, it's  lashed with  waves. So we retreat and regard the waves flooding our table from the comfort of the Café.

Everyone is  invited, not  just for Celia and Liz but the our  other  friends who've gone quiet.

It's  not  a fictional place BTW. I can  link to  Google  Earth.
But it is my little fantasy.
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:54 am

Oh that sounds heavenly and something I’d love to do some day. Perhaps I need to think about doing some travel for pleasure. Most of my world travels have been job related and always driven by a schedule . And of course for the past nearly 3 years travel has been the last thing on my mind. Maybe it’s time to get out of that emotional mud puddle and learn to live again.

~  Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:05 pm

Travel is always good. I haven't left this island for 3 years unless you count the tiny offshore island off the west coast that you can drive to at low tide. Very Happy We crossed the border into Northern Ireland but we don't count that as 'foreign' even if they do speak 'funny'. We always tried to get overseas at least once a year. I haven't even been to London in a long time. I used to spend a lot of time there. I often think I should have moved to London permanently back in the day when most of contemporaries. I had two sisters living there for many years. My future wife as well. Although it's fair to say I don't really see Britain or Brits as foreign. Not exotic at all, like France or Italy.

I wouldn't mind a trip to somewhere warm today. It's dull and damp outside. Gloomy. A weekend in Cannes would be nice or Cap d'antibes to see all the mega yachts in the harbour. Maybe Monaco although I always feel it's a bit claustrophobic. Well I can dream.

Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:35 pm

Snap! I have not traversed from this sceptred isle for about the same time....

I had plans for travelling, then covy changed my life a lot. I retired, l moved home.... now l have no plans to travel outside blighty...

Not felt well lately, l think l was overdoing things. The night sweats and hyptic headaches came these last two nights. I am goung to lay off hrt and wine...

I only drink some nights, but recently have been having half a bottle nightly, l tend to do so as Winter comes... alcohol is a trigger ...

Have already shopped this morning, l bought some milk for my elderly neighbour, grocery for the weekend and a Chrysanthemun for my new pot that l finished yesterday. Here are some pics!!!

In the first one you can see how they brighten up everything!!! I may replace all the drab ones, God willing...

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 20221014-131559

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 20221014-130644

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 20221014-130635

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 20221014-130407

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. - Page 5 20221014-130351

Well, it is housework, for it is half one already!!! As l get older, the days pass so very quickly....

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:59 pm

Those are really beautiful and so cheery Celia.  You’ve motivated me to get some mums for my front steps

*Edited to correct predictive text silliness “Wally beautiful”???? Good grief.

Last edited by Elizabeth Lynn on Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

~  Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:36 am

I love the colours particularly set against the  white  stones.

Headaches and night  sweats? I've had same. Have you  had your blood pressure  checked lately? I get both  when I   stop  taking my blood  pressure  medication. I  ran out last week  but didn't renew because  we're  short of money for  one  reason or another. No NHS for people  like me. So I've  been  getting headaches again  and soaking the  bed. I was always prone to  headaches even quite young until I was diagnosed with hypertension in a pilot  medical. Saved my  life probably.

Whoa, some jet flew  over just now,  very loud, scared me. Unusual here. Checked the app. Turns out to be  a USAF C40  VIP  jet inbound to Shannon. Apparently it took off from Andrews  air force base. Strange. I wonder who's onboard?

Tuned to ATC  and they warned the jet of an 'anomaly' at it's 12 o'clock. Now a flash of lightning and thunder here. Heavy  rain as well. Very  unusual. Checked  the weather  radar and there's  a nasty  line of red  passing over us now. It's  a good 50 mile  line of frightfulness storming in from the  Atlantic.
Sorry I  digress, my pilot  persona and training kicks in when this happens. I've applied for several jobs at the airport. It's definitely in line with my experience. Although perhaps my age tells against me. 63 in December. Sigh.

Anyway where are was I? Get yourself  checked Celia. A friend of  my wife's told  me recently that her Doctor detected high  blood  pressure. She was worried that it would  mean being on medication for life. I didn't  allay her fears. I've been on medication for 15 years. I wasn't  given a  choice being a  pilot. But as the aeromedical Doc pointed out. It's  like needing  glasses. If you  need them you  need  them. But in this case it prevents  strokes and possible death. Vision is  less  critical but again being a  pilot I wasn't  given a  choice. But I see so many  people in denial about their vision. Eventually you  need  glasses for reading and distance  vision. It's a  fact of life.

Speaking of  which my vision is fading from  tiredness. Time for  bed. I wonder  who the VIP from Andrews air base is? I'll  bet the next stop is somewhere to the  east. Romania or Poland. No doubt only on a need to know  basis. Op Sec.

Nite all.
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:36 am

Yes Celia, those symptoms demand diagnosis.

Hard to say who is on board the C40. The AC is usually used by combatant command senior leaders but is also used by members of congress.

When I was stationed in Greece my family and I flew space-A on a C-9 Nightingale that had been repurposed for VIP and diplomatic missions in the European theater. The C-9 was based on the McDonald Douglas D-9 commercial passenger jet configured for medical transport. It’s the airframe I trained on when I attended Flight Nurse school. Unfortunately timing of assignments and rank resulted in me being too senior for a flying assignment by the time I was ready to move again.

Ugh, birthdays! Sunday I will complete my 69th trip around the sun. I suppose That should be cause for celebration, but celebrating my birthday has never been something I’ve looked forward to.

~  Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next